ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   The Pussification Of The Western Male (long but worth it) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=74328)

memyselfI 11-06-2003 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplex3
With the weight of the courts bearing down on you, and limited resources to fight people who are using your tax dollars against you, and with the threat of losing your children...

There are not that many people who have the financial means and the stones to stand up to that.

Simp,

my whole point is that the PARENTS were spinless and failed their children LONG before it gets to the point of the courts.

Jenny Gump 11-06-2003 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfi
This entire Ritalin revolution has it's evil roots in the school's & with the doctors but ULTIMATELY it's the parents who ok the schools designation and the doctor's prescription.

I don't for one minute believe it's been some 'femi-nazi' conspiracy to drug our children in order to make boys less boys so they resemble girls. If this is the suggestion then you have to explain to me exactly how the 'women's movement' convinced schools and the medical industry to have parent's WILLINGLY drugging their children. You also have to explain to me how the parents escape blame or responsibility for the choices they make regarding both the drugging of their boys and the impulse to teach their boys to be feminine.

I have two boys. Their aggression and activity level sometimes makes me crazy but there is no way in hell would I allow a school system to recommend drugs for them nor would I follow a physician's advise to drug them. Nor would I allow any societial impulse to train them in a fashion that I disagree with.

Obviously you have parents CHOOSING to feminize their boys...if that is the case you can hardly blame the 'women's movement' for this choice. How many 'radical feminists' are holding guns to those parents heads?

Neither Gloria Allred or Phyllis Schaffley will have a say in what I teach my boys.

Gee....I don't remember typing that it was a "conspiracy of femi-nazis to drug our children". Wow...thanks, but I can put my own words into my mouth.

Many parents are "willingly" drugging their children with ritalin, because as a society, the idea is now deeply ingrained that masculinity is ribboned with violence, therefore, if boys can't sit still for two hours before recess, then they must have some kind of physical disorder. You also have these same parents who feel they have no choice, its medication or risk their children being socially suspect.

I didn't blame the women's movement for the ritalin debaucle. In fact I said the following: "We shouldn't be drugging our nation's crop of young boys, (ritalin) just because they act like nature intended."

I DO know that the core argument of the women's movement WAS equal rights for men and women...however, I argue that as those gaps have been narrowed over the years, the agenda has changed. I do believe one of those ramifications has been the feminization of little boys and a growing belief that anything less than this is tragic.

Also...when you break down someone's argument, maybe you should really read what is being said. Gloria Allred is a liberal limelight loving lawyer who I personally believe has an ulterior agenda, that I don't agree with. I never said that she was trying to raise my son.

Frazod 11-06-2003 10:02 PM

Quote:

I'm curious, how is lotion any different than hair dye or cologne for men?

I don't HAVE ANY fuckING HAIR, so I wouldn't know about dye. But that's pretty sad, IMO.

And cologne? Sure, I wear it, but I have one bottle that I think I paid $10 bucks for in the grocery store. Not smelling bad is kind of good thing, IMO, but I don't go berserk over it.

But neither of these things even compare to the male equivalent of wearing friggin makeup. :shake:

Frazod 11-06-2003 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman
Tim, I use an old farm remedy of beeswax and olive oil. When I am working in the yard in the winter, it keeps my hands from cracking and bleeding. It doesn't smell pretty but it does the job.

Try gloves sometime. :D

memyselfI 11-06-2003 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JennyGump
Gee....I don't remember typing that it was a "conspiracy of femi-nazis to drug our children". Wow...thanks, but I can put my own words into my mouth.

Many parents are "willingly" drugging their children with ritalin, because as a society, the idea is now deeply ingrained that masculinity is ribboned with violence, therefore, if boys can't sit still for two hours before recess, then they must have some kind of physical disorder. You also have these same parents who feel they have no choice, its medication or risk their children being socially suspect.

I didn't blame the women's movement for the ritalin debaucle. In fact I said the following: "We shouldn't be drugging our nation's crop of young boys, (ritalin) just because they act like nature intended."

I DO know that the core argument of the women's movement WAS equal rights for men and women...however, I argue that as those gaps have been narrowed over the years, the agenda has changed. I do believe one of those ramifications has been the feminization of little boys and a growing belief that anything less than this is tragic.

Also...when you break down someone's argument, maybe you should really read what is being said. Gloria Allred is a liberal limelight loving lawyer who I personally believe has an ulterior agenda, that I don't agree with. I never said that she was trying to raise my son.

I didn't quote you saying those things...

I was responding to a number of different points by a number of different people.

Simplex3 11-06-2003 10:03 PM

Quote:

It's not. Men use:

One kind of soap in their daily shower.
If you condition your hair, it's Pert Plus.
Deodorant. This may have a scent through no fault of your own.
Shaving cream. This comes in an aerosol can, not a bottle.
After shave, if you really f**ked up your face shaving.

KCWolfman 11-06-2003 10:03 PM

Quote:

No different than dye or a wig, IMO.

However, cologne is based upon pheremonical attractions - a good cologne makes me singular and my wife recognizes me without even looking. The olfactory senses are tied closest to your memories. If a pleasant scent is caught, it can enhance a woman's mood dramatically. It makes one smell clean when at work. It is also damned easy to spray and walk away in less than 2 seconds.

There is no benefit to rubbing creme on my face to stop wrinkles or dying my beard to hide the gray. It won't change who I am, it won't make me smell clean, it won't make me look cleaner, and it takes to long to apply.

Simplex3 11-06-2003 10:04 PM

Quote:

Simp,

my whole point is that the PARENTS were spinless and failed their children LONG before it gets to the point of the courts.

Even if the kid was so far ahead of the class that they were just bored? I'm not sure how to teach my kids to zone out. :hmmm:

KCWolfman 11-06-2003 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod
Try gloves sometime. :D

No dice when working on a car or using some tools.

KCWolfman 11-06-2003 10:05 PM

Quote:

Even if the kid was so far ahead of the class that they were just bored? I'm not sure how to teach my kids to zone out. :hmmm:

Cartoon Network

memyselfI 11-06-2003 10:05 PM

Quote:

I don't HAVE ANY fuckING HAIR, so I wouldn't know about dye. But that's pretty sad, IMO.

And cologne? Sure, I wear it, but I have one bottle that I think I paid $10 bucks for in the grocery store. Not smelling bad is kind of good thing, IMO, but I don't go berserk over it.

But neither of these things even compare to the male equivalent of wearing friggin makeup. :shake:

I will agree on the makeup.

I'm just having a hard time trying to figure out what is offensive about face cream for men. I mean, sure, it's a marketing ploy but it's also in the same vanity line of cosmetics and beauty aids that hair dye and cologne would be...

no one NEEDS them but uses them to feel better about themselves.

Brock 11-06-2003 10:06 PM

Quote:

And cologne? Sure, I wear it

bundle of sticks!!

Simplex3 11-06-2003 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock Landers
bundle of sticks!!

:LOL::LOL::LOL: Not that there's anything wrong with that.

memyselfI 11-06-2003 10:08 PM

Quote:

That is a problem.

I think if anything you have misplaced anger and blame towards the 'femi-nazi's' and perhaps you should be directing that frustration towards assembly line school systems that teach all children in the same fashion and at the same rate when we clearly know that not all children learn in the same fashion and at the same rate.

But then that is an entirely different argument. And frankly, if your kid isn't stimulated at school are the options being passive and placing your kids on drugs or being aggressive in finding them outlets that stimulate their learning and focus their energy in productive ways.

My saying 'you' I don't mean necessarily you as you but 'you' in general.

Frazod 11-06-2003 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock Landers
bundle of sticks!!

Oh, sthoppppp itt...... :deevee:

:LOL: