ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Allow me to vent (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=262483)

Imon Yourside 08-17-2012 12:03 AM

I have a teacher that works for me that was laid off, he couldn't be happier since he left the profession. He also has a young (2 year old) son and feels as if the change in direction did him good. Hang in there bro, and pray a lot as it DOES help! ;)

Aries Walker 08-17-2012 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 8824712)
The main positive is it's looking like I'll be a stay at home dad for a while. My wife is heading back to work. I'll really cherish spending all of my time with my 3-year old.

I guarantee that when you're 90 and on your deathbed, the time with your three-year-old will be what you remember. And, by the way, what your three-year-old remembers.

Hang in there.

Jenson71 08-17-2012 12:07 AM

More positives:

- No worthless teacher meetings to start your days off
- Doing special education analysis and experiments with chiefsplanet posters
- Not having to worry about living that dream of showing up to school in just your briefs
- Not dealing with spoiled kids whose parents didn't hit them enough

|Zach| 08-17-2012 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chasedude (Post 8824731)
I'm considering Canadian citizenship if a certain someone is reelected in Nov.

LMAO

Bye!

|Zach| 08-17-2012 01:32 AM

The field hockey part and the 4% administrator raise part would be the ****ing crazy mother**** you angles in all of this.

btlook1 08-17-2012 02:15 AM

Good luck bad guy! If nothing comes up for awhile enjoy the time with your child. Who knows maybe it will be for the best!

bevischief 08-17-2012 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 8824708)
Also, my mother ****ing furlough paperwork is all dated July 16. I didn't get a phone call until July 27th. 11 days would have made a ton of difference as 5 special ed. jobs close to me were all filled at that time.

That's BS there.

TLO 08-17-2012 07:43 AM

The whole situation seems like complete BS. Good luck to you. If nothing else enjoy this time with your young one.

DJay23 08-17-2012 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 8824708)
Also, my mother ****ing furlough paperwork is all dated July 16. I didn't get a phone call until July 27th. 11 days would have made a ton of difference as 5 special ed. jobs close to me were all filled at that time.

This is the part I don't get. My district's business runs July 1 through June 30. Our budget has to be written and approved by the board before June 30 each year. The school year before last we had a budget shortfall where 10 teachers were going to be let go. Our union, school board, and super made sacrifices (we took a pay freeze) to help these people out but we had to make all decisions before June 30 at the latest. Assuming most districts operate the same way, I don't see how they can come to you so late in the summer and let you go.

Also, maybe I misunderstood this, but I was told that in PA a school board can't let a teacher go as a cost cutting measure, they have to cut an entire program. One of the big deals here was that they were going to get rid of our middle school chorus teacher and to do so they were cutting middle school chorus. Are they cutting your program?

Saulbadguy 08-17-2012 07:48 AM

They just did layoffs where I work. Kind of crazy. People that were laid off have the option of "bumping" people that are on their original probation (6 months).

That would suck taint.

Predarat 08-17-2012 07:52 AM

I have went through this in recent years myself, its damn tough. You experience a huge array of emotions. Vent all you need, its good for you.

tooge 08-17-2012 07:56 AM

that sucks man. I hope you get back on your feet soon and I hope your time with your kid ends up making this all turn out for the better anyhow. I don't condone it, but sort of understand how people go postal.

CaliforniaChief 08-17-2012 08:00 AM

Really sorry to read this OP, TBG.

It can be really maddening when you stop and think about the injustices here. But you have no control over those things. None of us do. So your choice to focus on the blessing of being there for your child and facing the future with courage is awesome.

You are a good guy, doing significant work. Keep your head up, and I just can't believe that something awesome won't pop up.

Groves 08-17-2012 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 8824680)
I went to clean out my classroom yesterday and it's amazing how cold people can be. Some people I was really nice to just wouldn't even acknowledge me even though I wasn't let go because of any doing of my own. It just pissed me off to be treated like a bastard stepchild.

Sounds like you did a good job for the district, and likely nobody has anything against you.

What you're experiencing when you went to clean out your room was the I-cannot-face-suffering side of our culture. They're scared and they don't know what to say. Instead of looking you in the eye and talking to you, they'd rather clean that smartboard one more time.

You're fighting a battle they've been training for all their lives, except for when they're training for their next half marathon.

Organize a 10k for your situation. They might come a runnin.

Hope you find a good fit somewhere. Maybe some teacher will go on IR and you'll get a call?

BIG_DADDY 08-17-2012 09:10 AM

Any chance of teaching in a private school?