ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Cardinals ***Offical 2012 STL Cardinals World Champions Thread *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254619)

BigRedChief 04-04-2012 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 8518283)
Freese picks up where he left off.

:clap: I need a new favorite Cardinal now anyway.:rolleyes:

KC_Connection 04-04-2012 05:52 PM

Giancarlo destroyed that ball, that shitbag Lohse is lucky.

Marcellus 04-04-2012 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 8518322)
:clap: I need a new favorite Cardinal now anyway.:rolleyes:

Well, Freese is a WS MVP, that's something you know who doesn't have.

BigRedChief 04-04-2012 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 8518350)
Well, Freese is a WS MVP, that's something you know who doesn't have.

I've always liked the underdog, the guy who hustles, overachieves. The local kid makes good story has tremendous potential.

I've been a long term hard core fan of one guy (Pujols) on the Cardinals since the Gibby/Brock days. Never was a fan of McGuire. Liked Willie and Ozzie but not at the level of Gibby and Pujols. It may be another 20 years. :rolleyes:

Marcellus 04-04-2012 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 8518397)
I've always liked the underdog, the guy who hustles, overachieves. The local kid makes good story has tremendous potential.

I've been a long term hard core fan of one guy (Pujols) on the Cardinals since the Gibby/Brock days. Never was a fan of McGuire. Liked Willie and Ozzie but not at the level of Gibby and Pujols. It may be another 20 years. :rolleyes:

After the AP mess I will just stick to rooting for the team and loving the TEAM and just like some players as they come along.

The name on front is the key, not the one on back. Hell I am having to adjust to liking guys like Berkman and Beltran.

Frazod 04-04-2012 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 8518403)
After the AP mess I will just stick to rooting for the team and loving the TEAM and just like some players as they come along.

The name on front is the key, not the one on back. Hell I am having to adjust to liking guys like Berkman and Beltran.

I'm having a problem wrapping my mind around Holliday being our main guy. I just don't like that sonofabitch and I don't think I ever will.

KC_Connection 04-04-2012 06:24 PM

The Jays were apparently after Beltran in the offseason. Would have been nice, he's still a very good hitter. Apparently he wanted to play in the field still rather than DH, though.

Marcellus 04-04-2012 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8518411)
I'm having a problem wrapping my mind around Holliday being our main guy. I just don't like that sonofabitch and I don't think I ever will.

I felt that way last year, for some reason I think he will step up now and become "The Guy" that every team needs.

BigRedChief 04-04-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 8518403)

yeah thats the way it was after the Gibby/Brock era for me. I was a fan a long time before Larussa/Pujols and I'll be a fan till I'm worm food.

I went and saw two spring training games this year for the first time with my son, the 5th generation Cardinal fan. Thats some deep ****ing roots. :harumph:

Marcellus 04-04-2012 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 8518421)
yeah thats the way it was after the Gibby/Brock era for me. I was a fan a long time before Larussa/Pujols and I'll be a fan till I'm worm food.

I went and saw two spring training games this year for the first time with my son, the 5th generation Cardinal fan. Thats some deep ****ing roots. :harumph:

Yea my dd got me into the Cards and I am almost 41. I figure I loved the Cards before AP etc....not like I am going to stop watching and rooting for them.

**** him. Go Cards.

Frazod 04-04-2012 06:30 PM

New drinking game - every time one of these shitbag ESPN guys says Pujols, drink.

Unfortunately, you'll probably be dead from alcohol poisoning within two innings.

KC_Connection 04-04-2012 06:30 PM

Make Ozzie pay for that stupid walk, Freese.

KC_Connection 04-04-2012 06:32 PM

Damn.

J Diddy 04-04-2012 06:48 PM

Keep playing the chevy commercials from last years playoffs.

Worked out well.

KC_Connection 04-04-2012 06:57 PM

Amazing that a shitbag like Lohse could be doing this through 6.