ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs I'm making a motion to get rid of DraftPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=225037)

ChiTown 03-17-2010 10:00 AM

I'm making a motion to get rid of DraftPlanet

and move all Draft related talk back into the Lounge. This is a football Message Board. WTF do we have a sub forum to talk about football related posts at ChiefsPlanet. Seriously.

All in favor, say Aye, opposed, say No.

I'll start: AYE!

milkman 03-17-2010 10:01 AM

Good luck with that.

Fought this battle already.

And you should have made it a poll.

ChiTown 03-17-2010 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 6610380)
Good luck with that.

Fought this battle already.

And you should have made it a poll.

I'm dumb. I don't have the mental capability to make a poll.

ChiTown 03-17-2010 10:04 AM

Seriously, I need one legitimate reason as to why there is a sub forum for this. One.

OnTheWarpath15 03-17-2010 10:04 AM

Good luck.

This hasn't been a "football" board in years.

Delano 03-17-2010 10:04 AM

Umm, no.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties 03-17-2010 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 6610388)
Seriously, I need one legitimate reason as to why there is a sub forum for this. One.

Because it's nice to have all the information concentrated in one place. End of discussion.

ChiTown 03-17-2010 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delano (Post 6610391)
Umm, no.
Posted via Mobile Device

Umm, why?

ChiTown 03-17-2010 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 6610393)
Because it's nice to have all the information concentrated in one place. End of discussion.

GFY

This is a football board. This information belongs on the main board, you know, along with Happy Birthdays, Happy St. Paddy Day, I just took a shit, and I left my kid in the oven topics.

Delano 03-17-2010 10:06 AM

Quote:

If there wasn't a subforum, there would probably be an annoying ***official*** draft thread stickied at the top of the lounge.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Franchise 03-17-2010 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 6610393)

This.

And the fact that people then bitch and complain when someone creates a new thread for their personal mock draft. At least with the Draft Forum.....you can keep it all in one place. That and you don't have to hear people bitch about how making mock drafts is worthless.

ChiTown 03-17-2010 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delano (Post 6610401)
If there wasn't a subforum, there would probably be an annoying ***official*** draft thread stickied at the top of the lounge.
Posted via Mobile Device

ROFL

Right. As if there aren't enough annoying NON-FOOTBALL related topics already

OnTheWarpath15 03-17-2010 10:08 AM

I'd like to know why you want to kill the only place you can actually talk football on this forum.

If DraftPlanet was eliminated, this place would be nothing but NFT. People would rather talk about a movie that's been out for 7 months, how big a shit they took, or drunk fathers leaving babies in ovens.

Rain Man 03-17-2010 10:09 AM

Are you advocating destroying draftplanet completely or just reclassifying it from a planet to something like an asteroid or whatever they call Pluto now?

Hoover 03-17-2010 10:09 AM

All chiefs related news should be in the lounge, and all other shit should be somewhere else.

OnTheWarpath15 03-17-2010 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 6610400)
GFY

This is a football board. This information belongs on the main board, you know, along with Happy Birthdays, Happy St. Paddy Day, I just took a shit, and I left my kid in the oven topics.

That's the thing: This isn't a football board, and hasn't been for sometime.

The grab-ass NFT threads took over a long time ago.

dirk digler 03-17-2010 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 6610411)
I'd like to know why you want to kill the only place you can actually talk football on this forum.

If DraftPlanet was eliminated, this place would be nothing but NFT. People would rather talk about a movie that's been out for 7 months, how big a shit they took, or drunk fathers leaving babies in ovens.

:spock:

You can start a football thread anytime you want. what is stopping you?

OnTheWarpath15 03-17-2010 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 6610415)
All chiefs related news should be in the lounge, and all other shit should be somewhere else.

Now this I agree with.

Hammock Parties 03-17-2010 10:10 AM

Bottom line is when I want to read Hamas sucking off Sean Weatherspoon or Mecca spooging over Taylor Mays or milkman calling Pioli a dumb****, I don't want to have to hunt for the thread.

And mock threads would drop like flies in the main lounge.

ChiTown 03-17-2010 10:11 AM

Quote:

I'm trying to help the discussion along by keeping those topics on the main board.

alpha_omega 03-17-2010 10:11 AM

No...leave it like it is for all the reasons previously mentioned.

-King- 03-17-2010 10:11 AM

Quote:

Dude! You will not believe the size of the dump I took. Hold on while I snap some pics.

Delano 03-17-2010 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 6610407)
ROFL

Right. As if there aren't enough annoying NON-FOOTBALL related topics already

So let's keep the draft related material in an easy to find subforum.

If you've got a problem with the Lounge you can avoid it. Its evolved (or devolved) into what it is, whether you like it or not.
Posted via Mobile Device

ChiTown 03-17-2010 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 6610414)
Are you advocating destroying draftplanet completely or just reclassifying it from a planet to something like an asteroid or whatever they call Pluto now?

Youranus has a nice ring around it, I mean, about it......

OnTheWarpath15 03-17-2010 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 6610423)
I'm trying to help the discussion along by keeping those topics on the main board.

I agree. Football topics continually get bumped off the first page because people here would rather talk about other bullshit.

But eliminating DraftPlanet isn't going to solve this issue. It's only going to make it worse.

L.A. Chieffan 03-17-2010 10:13 AM

Its draft fanatic stuff that even the casual fan wouldnt care about. People post shit about facebook and other stupid shit in here and the hardcore fans would never even see the other threads

Chiefnj2 03-17-2010 10:13 AM

The motion has failed.

Delano 03-17-2010 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 6610415)

Ok, so rename draftplanet "the lounge" and call the current main forum something else. LMAO
Posted via Mobile Device

tymania 03-17-2010 10:14 AM

How about make the lounge a place for the football talk and then make a separate forum for all the BS!?!? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm? what say you?

ChiTown 03-17-2010 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 6610435)
The motion has failed.

**** off.

Garcia Bronco 03-17-2010 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 6610375)
and move all Draft related talk back into the Lounge. This is a football Message Board. WTF do we have a sub forum to talk about football related posts at ChiefsPlanet. Seriously.

All in favor, say Aye, opposed, say No.

I'll start: AYE!

Secondededededed. Sub forums ****ing suck.

L.A. Chieffan 03-17-2010 10:15 AM

The lounge has more non-football talk than football talk even during the regular season

Garcia Bronco 03-17-2010 10:15 AM

Quote:

GFY

secondedededed

The Franchise 03-17-2010 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tymania (Post 6610438)
How about make the lounge a place for the football talk and then make a separate forum for all the BS!?!? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm? what say you?

Because it would make more work for the Mods.

The Lounge is fine the way it is. You can find your Chiefs information and then you can look at other threads without having to go to a separate forum to find them.

oldandslow 03-17-2010 10:16 AM

I would estimate that at least 50% of the topics on the main page are nft. It would be more than that if you moved DC back into the main forum (one of the best moves ever was to create DC).

This website is a bar. We sit around and talk about all types of things and part of the time discuss the local football team.

You could recreate the entire thing and have all things not football removed from the main page - however, I suspect you will reduce the number of posts if you do that.

I am ok with that btw. I play in DC once in a while, but when I come here, I want to see Chiefs news. The rest is simply icing.

L.A. Chieffan 03-17-2010 10:16 AM

whats the big deal anyways? if you want to see something about the draft just click draftplanet. much easier

Garcia Bronco 03-17-2010 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 6610414)

FREE PLUTO NOW!!!!

HemiEd 03-17-2010 10:17 AM

Aye!

dirk digler 03-17-2010 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 6610432)
I agree. Football topics continually get bumped off the first page because people here would rather talk about other bullshit.

But eliminating DraftPlanet isn't going to solve this issue. It's only going to make it worse.

It is the off-season and not alot to talk about. But if you notice there is 2 threads about the Chiefs on the front page of the Lounge that have more replies than anything in the DraftPlanet probably combined outside of the mock draft.

ChiTown 03-17-2010 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 6610450)
whats the big deal anyways? if you want to see something about the draft just click draftplanet. much easier

Because, that place doesn't get the traffic that the main page does. I RARELY click on sub forums, except for DC (from time to time).

Draft news should be on the main page. Period.

Consistent1 03-17-2010 10:19 AM

Dude, the draft forum is straight comedy. Better than the epic fail thread to listen to these guys arrogantly come off as experts. Keep it all in one place so when you need a laugh you can look at some guys 5000th mock draft analysis from teh past 10 days. Eric Berry...or I won't even just leave the Planet...I will kill myself...haha...And the mother-****ers will still be back to do it next year.

Archie Bunker 03-17-2010 10:20 AM

It's perfect the way it is.

L.A. Chieffan 03-17-2010 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 6610468)

I agree, but never underestimate the power of stupidity.

BigCatDaddy 03-17-2010 10:21 AM

Yeah, nothing needs to be fixed here. I don't see a problem.

ModSocks 03-17-2010 10:23 AM

Why should it be removed? i know where to find my draft threads at, rather than having to dig through the Lounge to find it.

besides, how damn hard is it to click on Draftplanet?

ChiTown 03-17-2010 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 6610489)
Why should it be removed? i know where to find my draft threads at, rather than having to dig through the Lounge to find it.

How hard it it to keep football info on the main board?

tymania 03-17-2010 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 6610468)
Because, that place doesn't get the traffic that the main page does. I RARELY click on sub forums, except for DC (from time to time).

Aye!!

LaChapelle 03-17-2010 10:26 AM

Then the hate would be suffocating
there needs to be breaks so you don't become the monster
others have been lost

Chiefnj2 03-17-2010 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 6610490)

Near impossible on a regular basis. Impossible with March Madness coming up.

dirk digler 03-17-2010 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 6610489)

I thought that is why they have prefixes for? :shrug:

Sully 03-17-2010 10:31 AM

Doesn't this thread belong in "make a MotionPlanet?"

Titty Meat 03-17-2010 10:31 AM

The draft section is cool because the trolls say away.

ChiTown 03-17-2010 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully (Post 6610520)
Doesn't this thread belong in "make a MotionPlanet?"

:clap:

Did I miss that section? Damnit, CARL!:cuss:

ModSocks 03-17-2010 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 6610490)

Very hard. Evident by the fact that the main board is cluttered with non football posts.

ChiefsPlanet isn't just a football board anymore. It's a resource for all of the daily bullshit that goes on in the world today. Having a seperate forum for all Draft related info isn't a bad idea. It keeps it at the top. It's like a sticky.

Gonzo 03-17-2010 10:34 AM

Sorry, Chi...
I gotta go no. I have 2 reasons for this:

1. It clutters the front page and everyone who has any type of an opinion will start a new thread.
2. I don't give a rat **** what any of you think about the draft. You're all usually wrong and when you all actually get one right, you gloat like the downey kid at micky d's after he actually got my order correct.
Posted via Mobile Device

ModSocks 03-17-2010 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 6610503)
I thought that is why they have prefixes for? :shrug:

except that you would have to scroll through pages and pages of BS to find those prefixes. Look at how long some of the draft planet threads have been up for, and they are easy to find. Half of the draftplanet threads wouldn't last more than a day in the lounge before it's bumped out of the rotation.

I just don't see what is so difficult about clicking DraftPlanet to find all of the draft threads.

tymania 03-17-2010 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 6610524)
Very hard. Evident by the fact that the main board is cluttered bu non football posts.

ChiefsPlanet isn't just a football board anymore. It's a resource for all of the daily bullshit that goes on in the world today. Having a seperate forum for all Draft related info isn't a bad idea. It keeps it at the top. It's like sticky.

Why not do it the reverse way.. Have all football stuff on the Main Lounge then have a separate board for all the BS and everyday news stuff!?

Pushead2 03-17-2010 10:39 AM

I haven't visited the Draft section because it's the same shit over and over. Then after the draft it'll be the same shit about who we DIDN'T take until the season starts.

RJ 03-17-2010 10:39 AM

Quote:

GFY

I've always thought we should have a seperate forum for I just took a shit threads.

ModSocks 03-17-2010 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tymania (Post 6610531)
Why not do it the reverse way.. Have all football stuff on the Main Lounge then have a separate board for all the BS and everyday news stuff!?

That'd work for me too. Whatever, just so long as It's easy to read football info when I'm looking for it.

The downside to that scenario is that while football talk should increase, non-football talk would decrease. And IMO, it's the non-football related material that keeps this place buzzing.

ChiTown 03-17-2010 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 6610524)
Very hard. Evident by the fact that the main board is cluttered with non football posts.

ChiefsPlanet isn't just a football board anymore. It's a resource for all of the daily bullshit that goes on in the world today. Having a seperate forum for all Draft related info isn't a bad idea. It keeps it at the top. It's like a sticky.

Gotcha. So, the Lounge isn't really football, it's catchall? OK. Let's make the Lounge the secondary board and ChiefsPlanet the main board for, you know, actual football talk. That is one crazy fkn idea, I know, but it may be worth a look.

ModSocks 03-17-2010 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pushead2 (Post 6610537)
I haven't visited the Draft section because it's the same shit over and over. Then after the draft it'll be the same shit about who we DIDN'T take until the season starts.

Another reason to keep it seperate.

RJ 03-17-2010 10:41 AM

I like the draft forum. I read a little there most days and I like being able to find the threads I'm interested in without a lot of searching.

Deberg_1990 03-17-2010 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 6610416)
That's the thing: This isn't a football board, and hasn't been for sometime.

Good point. But IMO, one of the main reasons this site has so much traffic, is that its become an all encompassing pop culture site.

dirk digler 03-17-2010 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 6610530)
except that you would have to scroll through pages and pages of BS to find those prefixes. Look at how long some of the draft planet threads have been up for, and they are easy to find. Half of the draftplanet threads wouldn't last more than a day in the lounge before it's bumped out of the rotation.

I just don't see what is so difficult about clicking DraftPlanet to find all of the draft threads.

It is not that difficult and IIRC when it gets closer to Draft Day everything is posted in the Lounge anyway.

I just disagree with the notion that you can't talk about football in the Lounge. There is nothing stopping anyone from starting a thread and talking football. If it is interesting it will get a ton of replies if it is not it gets buried. That is the way it should be.

ChiTown 03-17-2010 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 6610545)
Another reason to keep it seperate.

There are opinions all over the place in almost every post and thread on these boards. Why do people get so much more upset over Draft Opinions than any other topic. Seriously, there is stupid shit all over this place, not just in Draft threads - as evidenced by my thread "Let's make a motion to get rid of draftplanet" :D

tymania 03-17-2010 10:45 AM

Change?
YES WE CAN! YES WE CAN! YES WE CAN!

ModSocks 03-17-2010 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 6610541)
Gotcha. So, the Lounge isn't really football, it's catchall? OK. Let's make the Lounge the secondary board and ChiefsPlanet the main board for, you know, actual football talk. That is one crazy fkn idea, I know, but it may be worth a look.

I wouldn't be opposed to it, i guess. But im also fine with it the way it is. Besides, current football topics are usually easy to find in the Lounge as long as it's current. I think the various draft threads would get lost in the shuffle because they wouldn't generate as much action as the "we signed Ryan Lilja" kind of threads. Those F/A threads only stay at the top because they are full of player/poster bashing.

RJ 03-17-2010 10:46 AM

Put me squarely in the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" camp.

We do have a camp, right?

dirk digler 03-17-2010 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 6610563)
I wouldn't be opposed to it, i guess. But im also fine with it the way it is. Besides, current football topics are usually easy to find in the Lounge as long as it's current. I think the various draft threads would get lost in the shuffle because they wouldn't generate as much action as the "we signed Ryan Lilja" kind of threads. Those F/A threads only stay at the top because they are full of player/poster bashing.

True but when I find a thread I like I use the Subscribe Thread feature and reference back to it and you can always bump them.

patteeu 03-17-2010 10:48 AM

Aye.

Every time this board creates a new subforum it's unique character dies a little bit and it becomes more like every other message board on the internet.

At the very least, draft talk ought to be in the Lounge during the off-season (perhaps starting before the end of the season in years when the Chiefs are eliminated from contention early).

patteeu 03-17-2010 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJ (Post 6610566)

If it weren't broke, ChiTown wouldn't have posted this thread. ;)

Frazod 03-17-2010 10:49 AM

I don't really feel strongly about this one. I see positives to both arguments. But at the end of the day, the draft is football related, and this is a football board.

Personally, I tend to ignore all the draft stuff, since I think it is pointless getting all worked up over who we MIGHT draft since none of us have any control over it whatsoever. By the time the draft gets here I'm as sick of hearing about all the endless draft speculation as I am of hearing Christmas music at the end of December. But I know there are many people here who have essentially elevated this crap to a religion, so more power to 'em.

So in closing, I'd just like to add that I have nothing to add.

ChiTown 03-17-2010 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJ (Post 6610566)

I'm sending you back home to your parents. No camping for you!

DaFace 03-17-2010 10:50 AM

Heh...I'm staying far, far away from this one.

patteeu 03-17-2010 10:50 AM

I thought thread prefixes were supposed to allow people to ignore the types of threads they don't want to see. Put it all in the Lounge and the people who don't want to see draft stuff can ignore draft stuff and the people who don't want to see poop threads can ignore poop threads. And the people who want to easily find all the mock drafts ever posted can use the filter for that too.

ModSocks 03-17-2010 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 6610555)
There are opinions all over the place in almost every post and thread on these boards. Why do people get so much more upset over Draft Opinions than any other topic. Seriously, there is stupid shit all over this place, not just in Draft threads - as evidenced by my thread "Let's make a motion to get rid of draftplanet" :D

What i was reffering to in that post was the "it's the same shit over and over again" comment. He's right. How many times can someone post about who they think should be the #5 pick before they lose interest in posting about it?

Draftplanet keeps all of the repetitive mock drafts in one place and sprinkles in a few trade scenarios here and there. I just think all of the useful information would get lost in the shuffle known as the "lounge"

Iowanian 03-17-2010 10:51 AM

Quote:

Because 3 or 4 know it alls can't discuss the draft with peasants in a somewhat civilized tone.

dirk digler 03-17-2010 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 6610570)
Aye.

Every time this board creates a new subforum it's unique character dies a little bit and it becomes more like every other message board on the internet.

At the very least, draft talk ought to be in the Lounge during the off-season (perhaps starting before the end of the season in years when the Chiefs are eliminated from contention early).

Pat and I finally agree on something. :toast:PBJ

ChiTown 03-17-2010 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 6610580)
What i was reffering to in that post was the "it's the same shit over and over again" comment. He's right. How many times can someone post about who they think should be the #5 pick before they lose interest in posting about it?

Draftplanet keeps all of the repetitive mock drafts in one place and sprinkles in a few trade scenarios here and there. I just think all of the useful information would get lost in the shuffle known as the "lounge"

I don't disagree, however (selfishly), the more I can "clutter" the Lounge with Chiefs/football news, the better the experience is for me.