ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Late night bullshit: the best player in the 2013 draft. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272343)

Dante84 04-21-2013 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9613226)
My interpretation of best player = who has the best combination of football instincts & acumen, and who manages to succeed despite certain physical limitations that may be present (or, if physically gifted, who doesn't just coast on that physical ability). In other words, who plays the game the best (not necessarily with respect to NFL projectability).

For me, its probably Tavon Austin or Barrett Jones.

Kevin Minter is up there too. Geno Smith, yes (though because he makes up for iffy lower body mechanics with accuracy and intelligence). By my own criteria I have to include Joeckel.

Good explanations.

My only thing with those guys is Austin is tiny (there are exceptions to the rule, Desean Jackson); and Jones had a lisfranc injury if I'm not mistaken, which are a bitch to come back from.

If Jones' spine wasn't an issue, I'd say toss-up between him and Jordan. But since it is, I have to go Jordan.

a pp roach 04-21-2013 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 9613223)
Manti Teo

winner

Rain Man 04-21-2013 10:46 PM

Based on the talking heads, it's clearly Joeckel.

BossChief 04-21-2013 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9613226)
My interpretation of best player = who has the best combination of football instincts & acumen, and who manages to succeed despite certain physical limitations that may be present (or, if physically gifted, who doesn't just coast on that physical ability). In other words, who plays the game the best (not necessarily with respect to NFL projectability).

For me, its probably Tavon Austin or Barrett Jones.

Kevin Minter is up there too. Geno Smith, yes (partly because he makes up for iffy lower body mechanics with accuracy and intelligence). By my own criteria I have to include Joeckel.

Pretty much. I took Austin at 8 in the mock and Minter in the second...if he was off the board, Jones would have been the Falcons pick in the late second.

If it weren't for a huge need at qb, Minter might have been the Bills second rounder.

Mother****erJones 04-21-2013 10:49 PM

Would so pimp if Dorsey could get 9,13 from NYJ and take Austin and Sheldon Richardson

Reaper16 04-21-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 9613243)
Good explanations.

My only thing with those guys is Austin is tiny (there are exceptions to the rule, Desean Jackson); and Jones had a lisfranc injury if I'm not mistaken, which are a bitch to come back from.

If Jones' spine wasn't an issue, I'd say toss-up between him and Jordan. But since it is, I have to go Jordan.

I should have put Jarvis Jones in my post. The injuries to guys like Jarvis & Barrett make NFL projectability difficult. But goddamn can they play the game itself. Hell, with Barrett, his injury only makes him more impressive since he played in the SEC Championship with that injury against John Jenkins and in the BCS championship game against Louie Nix.

CaliforniaChief 04-21-2013 10:58 PM

I think Tavon Austin is the best player in the draft.

He's versatile, faster than lightning, and surprisingly durable.

melbar 04-22-2013 12:43 AM

I'm torn between Joekel and Jordon. Joekel has great technique and already uses them when most have to learn them when they enter the league. Jordan has incredible natural athleticism and if he is used correctly could be truely destructive.

Mav 04-22-2013 01:33 AM

Kenny Viccaro.....

When we look back at this draft in 4 years, hes going to be the best player from it.

AussieChiefsFan 04-22-2013 01:33 AM

If we get back a 2nd rounder, I'd love this guy...

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2013&genpos=DT

Mav 04-22-2013 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9613475)
If we get back a 2nd rounder, I'd love this guy...

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2013&genpos=DT

that guy is a monster. He could go to either the niners or ravens end of the first though.

AussieChiefsFan 04-22-2013 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9613477)
that guy is a monster. He could go to either the niners or ravens end of the first though.

Complete beast. And guess where he's from. :D

Mav 04-22-2013 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9613478)
Complete beast. And guess where he's from. :D

gonna guess hes an aussie lol?

AussieChiefsFan 04-22-2013 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9613480)
gonna guess hes an aussie lol?

Sure is! :D

tyton75 04-22-2013 06:07 AM

Of the college games I watched, I would have to say Jarvis Jones is a stand-out talent by a lot. He'd be my pick.