ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc The Chiefsplanet Peoplewatching Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=144821)

Rain Man 08-02-2006 04:42 PM

The Chiefsplanet Peoplewatching Thread

I often see or hear people saying or doing things that I find intriguing, but it's not quite worth making a thread about. I figure that other people might have the same experiences. Therefore, I hope that this thread can become a clearinghouse for those little observations that might not otherwise make the cut.

My first two would be:

1. I went to the optometrist today to get my eyes checked. In the waiting room, a family came in and sat next to me: a mother, a girl of about 13 or 14, and two young boys. The mother is talking on the phone and scolding the boys who are out of control, and then the teenage girl came over to her mother. She's got both hands up near her face, and asks the mother, "What is this?" My initial thinking was that it was something in her eye since we were, after all, in an optometrist's office. Then the girl says, "I thought it was a pimple, but I'm trying to pop it and nothing's coming out."

Where is your shame, young girl? Where is your shame?

2. I came back to the office, and got a cell phone call while I was in my lobby. I was standing there taking the call when this skanky, meth-looking woman in a tank top came in. She got in the elevator and departed toward the heavens. The thing that was most noticeable about her, other than the skanky part, was that she was wearing no supportive garments above the waist, and she badly, badly needed to be wearing them. (Not large, either - envision an inverted champagne flute made out of Slinky.) I finished my call and rode the elevator up myself, and when I got off on my floor, the woman was in the front lobby of the other company on my floor filling out a job application. I really think that a skanky-looking person with bosoms befitting a National Geographic photo should consider wearing a bra or something whilst going in to apply for a job.

Please feel free to post your own minor observations here in the future.

StcChief 08-02-2006 04:46 PM

1) Cell phone is the debil for women. Get off the phone and be a parent..

2) How do you go apply for job looking like that.
Unless you are just fullfilling the Unemployment agreement 'Trying to get a job'

big nasty kcnut 08-02-2006 04:52 PM

Ihate woman who don't shave thier underarm and then i have to see them while working that gross.

milkman 08-02-2006 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nm_dbf

2) How do you go apply for job looking like that.
Unless you are just fullfilling the Unemployment agreement 'Trying to get a job'

Maybe she needs a job so she can afford to buy support.
Did ya even think of that, huh?

Jilly 08-02-2006 04:54 PM

I"m not sure if this qualifies, but today one of the kids said, "I'm allergic to spider bites. They make my ears dry." We weren't even talking about spiders

Donger 08-02-2006 04:56 PM

I have reached the undeniable conclusion that driving in Texas is considered by locals to be a full-contact sport with very few rules.

And the use of turn signals is anathema.

58-4ever 08-02-2006 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jilly
I"m not sure if this qualifies, but today one of the kids said, "I'm allergic to spider bites. They make my ears dry." We weren't even talking about spiders

I knew that antifreeze I put out for the kids in the neighborhood wasn't enough! :banghead:

58-4ever 08-02-2006 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger
I have reached the undeniable conclusion that driving in Texas is considered by locals to be a full-contact sport with very few rules.

And the use of turn signals is anathema.

I second this motion.

mlyonsd 08-02-2006 05:00 PM

It doesn't matter what the speed limit in a construction zone is, every blue hair driving thru said construction zone will drive at least 5-10mph below the posted speed limit.

Rain Man 08-02-2006 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jilly

That'll work. Perhaps spider bites are responsible for more dry ears than we know.

Here's another one. There's this guy who has one of those little portable hot dog stands about half a block from my office. I'm sure that he's a nice guy and all, but I don't see myself buying a hot dog from a warming tray sitting out in the sun all day. I've walked by this guy every day for about three years now, and I feel like he's watching me and waiting, waiting for that day that I'm going to stop and buy one of his hot dogs, and I feel bad knowing that it'll never happen. His eyes follow me as I walk past him, and he never says anything, never complains, never smiles, never moves, but those eyes watch me as I approach and I can feel them searing into my back as I leave.

mlyonsd 08-02-2006 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man
but those eyes watch me as I approach and I can feel them searing into my back as I leave.

Yes they do. And believe me when I say I have a jagged one pound piece of concrete hiding in my stand I'm going to chuck at the back of your head the first time no one else is around.

:cuss:

Donger 08-02-2006 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man
That'll work. Perhaps spider bites are responsible for more dry ears than we know.

Here's another one. There's this guy who has one of those little portable hot dog stands about half a block from my office. I'm sure that he's a nice guy and all, but I don't see myself buying a hot dog from a warming tray sitting out in the sun all day. I've walked by this guy every day for about three years now, and I feel like he's watching me and waiting, waiting for that day that I'm going to stop and buy one of his hot dogs, and I feel bad knowing that it'll never happen. His eyes follow me as I walk past him, and he never says anything, never complains, never smiles, never moves, but those eyes watch me as I approach and I can feel them searing into my back as I leave.

When did they start allowing scatily-dressed, young women to cook hot dogs and such from trailers in front of Home Depots? That's not fair.

Hardware store + bratwurst + cooked/served by scantily-clad young females = guaranteed sales to men.

big nasty kcnut 08-02-2006 05:33 PM

Ok here another one the hindu people who yell at you not meat even when i told the cook that and they can see the food being prepared. All while screaming at me.

Donger 08-02-2006 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcnut
Ok here another one the hindu people who yell at you not meat even when i told the cook that and they can see the food being prepared. All while screaming at me.

Huh?

big nasty kcnut 08-02-2006 05:51 PM

Well i get these hindu customer and they alway tell me no meat and i tell my cook no meat on there food but they alway yell at me when they order. Like hey ok but don't yell at me ok.