ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV How I Met Your Mother (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=206892)

Silock 12-18-2013 12:24 AM

Last night's episode was the only one I can remember liking in a LONG time.

007 12-18-2013 12:31 AM

Yeah, this was the first ep in a quite a while that I was actually laughing out loud a little.

Discuss Thrower 12-18-2013 12:53 AM

Surprise surprise. They actually do a little bit of character development and people like the show.

Chiefspants 12-18-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 10289467)
Surprise surprise. They actually do a little bit of character development and people like the show.

Kind of hard from them to do that when they chain their final 24-26 episodes to 56 hours.

Yeah, I'm still mad about it.

DJ's left nut 12-18-2013 10:50 AM

Did anyone actually watch that rhyming episode?

We had 4 weeks saved up on the DVR and I made it through about 4 minutes of that before I skipped to the end, saw he was still on the bus and hit delete.

I'm presuming I didn't miss anything and in the process retained a fair amount of sanity, yes?

Discuss Thrower 12-18-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 10290112)

We had 4 weeks saved up on the DVR and I made it through about 4 minutes of that before I skipped to the end, saw he was still on the bus and hit delete.

I'm presuming I didn't miss anything and in the process retained a fair amount of sanity, yes?

Rehearsal dinner ep wasn't bad

Mr. Plow 12-18-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

I watched it. I couldn't tell you what happened outside of some stupid ass stories in rhyme form. I may have fell asleep, or zoned out, or starting ramming my head into the wall - I can't remember.

Haven't watched the newest one. You guys have given me a little hope that it's decent.

Baby Lee 12-18-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10290283)
I watched it. I couldn't tell you what happened outside of some stupid ass stories in rhyme form. I may have fell asleep, or zoned out, or starting ramming my head into the wall - I can't remember.

Haven't watched the newest one. You guys have given me a little hope that it's decent.

It took a few minutes where the sight of the newly bearded Rannells had my mind picturing Andrew Sullivan moaning in bearish ecstasy to recalibrate, but it rounds out nicely starting with the appearance of Mother.

ragedogg69 12-18-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

I fell asleep.

jiveturkey 12-18-2013 01:18 PM

This show remains on the DVR list but has been relegated to dinner making time or iPad game playing time.

I catch about 5% of it.

ragedogg69 12-19-2013 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 10290708)
to dinner making time...

I catch about 5% of it.

This reminds me of what a CSI writer said an executive told him. He had to dumb down every script he submitted because they had to be easy enough to follow, that a housewife doing the dishes with her back to the TV could follow. It made me mad reading that, but every once in a while I find myself doing just that. So it kinda makes sense. Most cable shows do not allow that.

Baby Lee 12-19-2013 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 10292848)
This reminds me of what a CSI writer said an executive told him. He had to dumb down every script he submitted because they had to be easy enough to follow, that a housewife doing the dishes with her back to the TV could follow. It made me mad reading that, but every once in a while I find myself doing just that. So it kinda makes sense. Most cable shows do not allow that.

I find myself occasionally caught flat-footed when a exposition-heavy show all of the sudden goes montage and I'm in another room wondering what's going on.

I usually don't back-burner stupid shows, I back burner exposition heavy shows, such as legal procedurals, L&O and the like. 'Dumb' shows like like CSI too regularly go to montage for the evidence collection and analysis, so you miss most of the value of the show if you just key into the summation 10 minutes later. The interest is visual as they lay out the investigative techniques, and you miss all that doing dishes.

Discuss Thrower 01-20-2014 08:26 PM

Shit just got real man...

Spoiler!

BourbonMan 01-20-2014 09:41 PM

Great episode...I thought last weeks was great too.

Discuss Thrower 01-20-2014 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BourbonMan (Post 10383953)
Great episode...I thought last weeks was great too.

I thought it was kind slappapointing but it did make me laugh so it served it's purpose. This week's though... damn. The Marshall - Lily plotline worked out the way it should've outside of the end because it opens up the possibility of something jumping-the-shark worthy.

And I don't care if she's a cross between Alyson Hannigan and Cobie Smulders... Cristin Millioti might be my dream girl.