ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   TOUCH MY BASS! (please?) A photoshop challenge. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=146169)

wazu 08-23-2006 11:43 PM

TOUCH MY BASS! (please?) A photoshop challenge.

I'm making a new logo for my fantasy football team. My team name is going to be "TOUCH MY BASS!" The name is from a movie called "Dirty Love" in which a man pushes a bass up his rectum and demands that Jenny McCarthy "touch it". (A friend of mine was actually in this movie, so that's how I got to watching it. This scene was gold.)

All I have is a DVD I burned from pay-per-view. How can I turn this scene into a GIF? So far I've tried hitting "print screen" and pasting to a new document. This appears to almost be working, but in the end once I kill media player i have a blank screen in my Photoshop doc.

Any help appreciated. I am probably making this more complicated than it really is. (Or maybe I need to use different software.)

DaFace 08-23-2006 11:54 PM

If you're just trying to take still captures, the problem is probably that WMP is set to let your video card do the rendering. In order to make it work...

# Open up Windows Media Player
# Select "Tools" -> "Options..." from the menu.
# Click on "Performance" tab.
# Click on "Advanced..." button.
# Uncheck "Use overlays" checkbox in the "Video Acceleration" group.

Give that a try.

wazu 08-24-2006 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace
If you're just trying to take still captures, the problem is probably that WMP is set to let your video card do the rendering. In order to make it work...

# Open up Windows Media Player
# Select "Tools" -> "Options..." from the menu.
# Click on "Performance" tab.
# Click on "Advanced..." button.
# Uncheck "Use overlays" checkbox in the "Video Acceleration" group.

Give that a try.

Thanks for the help. I made this change, but am still seeing the same behavior. Basically I'm just doing a print screen and paste into a blank photoshop document from media player. Is this the wrong approach altogether? Please keep in mind I've never tried cutting something from DVD before. I have very limited photoshop knowledge.

wazu 08-24-2006 09:30 PM

I'm on Day 2 of trying this and still haven't gotten past the fact that no matter what type of image file I make, bitmap, jpeg, gif, the screen shot will only display what is currently showing in Windows Media Player.

Any ideas?

ChiefsLV 08-30-2006 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam
I'm on Day 2 of trying this and still haven't gotten past the fact that no matter what type of image file I make, bitmap, jpeg, gif, the screen shot will only display what is currently showing in Windows Media Player.

Any ideas?

I ran into this same problem. I ended up having to use the Power DVD software that came with my DVD drive. It has a "screen capture" feature. After that I was golden.

wazu 09-01-2006 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsLV
I ran into this same problem. I ended up having to use the Power DVD software that came with my DVD drive. It has a "screen capture" feature. After that I was golden.

Thanks, I actually have the same software. I'll play around with that and see what I can get done.

DaFace 09-02-2006 07:58 AM

Hey, sorry I didn't follow up on this one. I fought with this problem on my PC for a long time, but my instructions above worked. I didn't pay attention to the fact that you were using a DVD in your first post. You might try following the first instructions again, but uncheck the box for "use overlays" under the "DVD Video" section instead.