ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Jonathan Vilma's Lawsuit Against Roger Goodell Dismissed - F ROGER GOODELL (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269018)

houstonwhodat 01-17-2013 05:27 PM

Jonathan Vilma's Lawsuit Against Roger Goodell Dismissed - F ROGER GOODELL

Vilma's defamation lawsuit gets dismissed.

Well I didn't expect much but I was hoping that this lawsuit would make the NFL release their "alleged" evidence.

Power corrupts and that son of a bitch Goodell is about as corrupt as they come.

In the end he got what he wanted, no Saints Super Bowl in their own city.

F U ROGER GOODELL

"Vilma's argument that the statements were made in Goodell's individual capacity is unpersuasive as Goodell was sued as Commissioner of the NFL and all of the statements attributed to Goodell were made in connection with the NFL's investigation of the pay-per-performance/bounty allegations," Berrigan wrote in her ruling. "Therefore, Vilma's claims are preempted and must be dismissed."

"While the Court is extremely disturbed by the fundamental lack of due process in Goodell's denying the players the identities of and the right to confront their accusers, that was substantially rectified later in the process," Berrigan added. "So while the process was initially procedurally flawed, the statements were ultimately found to have enough support to defeat the defamation claims."

If there are any lawyers on this MB please chime in. I would like to hear your opinion.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...dell-dismissed

:#

Mr. Laz 01-17-2013 05:28 PM

ROFL

w00t ... Goodell Rulez ALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RealSNR 01-17-2013 05:29 PM

Reported

chiefzilla1501 01-17-2013 05:30 PM

I really don't get it. I think Gregg Williams is a scumbag and I don't approve one bit of what the Saints did. But Goodell was a complete klutz on this. The guy has a teflon coat.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-17-2013 05:32 PM

He'll hire Pioli to be his assistant next

houstonwhodat 01-17-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9329071)
I really don't get it. I think Gregg Williams is a scumbag and I don't approve one bit of what the Saints did. But Goodell was a complete klutz on this. The guy has a teflon coat.

You probably don't follow this as closely as I do but that's the whole problem.

Goodell and his PR machine manufactured statements that weren't true and kept force feeding the media and the public and they believed every word of it because it was the NFL. The NFL wouldn't make this shit up would they?

Yes they would because it was a smoke screen for the plethora of upcoming concussion lawsuits. And also I don't think they wanted the possibility of the Saints hosting their own Super Bowl which was very possible.

That's why they took Sean Payton out of commission for the year.

The reason the players suspensions were overturned was because there was no evidence and Roger Hitler Goodell was out of control.

I'll agree the Saints had some type of Pay For Performance program like just about every team does, but they never had a Pay For Injury program like Goodell first stated.

It's evident because even after all that rah rah bullshit talk form Gregg Williams, that never translated to the field.

No one got hurt and trust me if a defensive player wanted to hurt someone it wouldn't be hard.

F Roger Goodell I hope someone poisons his food in New Orleans next month.

If he even has the balls to go...

CoMoChief 01-17-2013 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9329091)

Goodell and his PR machine manufactured statements that weren't true and kept force feeding the media and the public and they believed every word of it because it was the NFL. The NFL wouldn't make this shit up would they?

Yes they would because it was a smoke screen for the plethora of upcoming concussion lawsuits. And also I don't think they wanted the possibility of the Saints hosting their own Super Bowl which was very possible.

The reason the players suspensions were overturned was because there was no evidence and Roger Hitler Goodell was out of control.

I'll agree the Saints had some type of Pay For Performance program like just about every team does, but they never had a Pay For Injury program like Goodell first stated.

It's evident because even after all that rah rah bullshit talk form Gregg Williams, that never translated to the field.

No one got hurt and trust me if a defensive player wanted to hurt someone it wouldn't be hard.

I've said from day 1 the way the NFL handled this was because of the concussion class action lawsuits the NFL is going to LOSE on here in the next few years or so. There are so many of them and the amount of money involved could almost destroy the league.

BigMeatballDave 01-17-2013 05:54 PM

When you make $20mil/yr, you get your way.

ILChief 01-17-2013 05:54 PM

Screw the saints. They cheated and got what they deserved

stonedstooge 01-17-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Sounds like a new job for Pioli's goon squad, protecting GODDell

BigMeatballDave 01-17-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9329109)

:rolleyes:

Who cares? Players around the league don't.

chiefzilla1501 01-17-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

I've followed this enough to have an informed opinion.

I agree with you that Goodell was a complete klutz on this. And he went on a power trip and should be taken to task on this. Being suspicious of somebody's guilt doesn't make them guilty.

I'm also not naive. You've got a DC on tape instructing his troops to hurt people. You have a team that was one of the most penalized teams in the game. And you have the Minnesota game against Favre, where you have a ton of after-the-whistle cheap shots and a guy screaming "pay me my money" after one of those cheap shots. Pretty obvious something was going on here. That doesn't justify how Goodell went after the Saints, but I'm not going to act like the Saints were... well, saints in this whole mess.

chiefzilla1501 01-17-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9329109)

Agreed.

This is the worst kind of cheating too. It's cheating to get a competitive advantage. It's the Tonya Harding way -- if you can't beat the competition, then cheat to force the competition out of the game.

ILChief 01-17-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9329111)
:rolleyes:

Who cares? Players around the league don't.

Whether or not players care is irrelevant

ILChief 01-17-2013 06:01 PM

It wasn't pay for performance. It was pay to injure