ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc Installing a passenger side mirror? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270970)

Hootie 03-10-2013 04:49 PM

Installing a passenger side mirror?

some dipshit kicked/punched my side mirror off and I had to go to ebay to buy a replacement...

I am not savvy enough (I'm a dipshit) to install it myself and I am getting a little bit of work done tomorrow at an auto shop and I'm going to bring the mirror with me and ask them to install it for me...

how much should I be expecting them to charge me for that labor since I have already bought the part?

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-10-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9483538)
some dipshit kicked/punched my side mirror off and I had to go to ebay to buy a replacement...

I am not savvy enough (I'm a dipshit) to install it myself and I am getting a little bit of work done tomorrow at an auto shop and I'm going to bring the mirror with me and ask them to install it for me...

how much should I be expecting them to charge me for that labor since I have already bought the part?

Whatever they charge for labor is my guess.

mlyonsd 03-10-2013 04:51 PM

1 hour service work.

BlackHelicopters 03-10-2013 04:53 PM

45 min- 1 hour?

SAUTO 03-10-2013 04:55 PM

Hour or less I would think.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hootie 03-10-2013 05:04 PM

what I'm trying to say is...I'm on tap for about $100 of work tomorrow and with that I don't expect to pay more than $20 for them to install the mirror...is that reasonable? If they want to charge me more I already have a friend who said he'd do it free of charge but I rather not use his time if I can just pay $20 or so when I'm already taking my car in tomorrow as is

SAUTO 03-10-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9483569)
what I'm trying to say is...I'm on tap for about $100 of work tomorrow and with that I don't expect to pay more than $20 for them to install the mirror...is that reasonable? If they want to charge me more I already have a friend who said he'd do it free of charge but I rather not use his time if I can just pay $20 or so when I'm already taking my car in tomorrow as is

what do you drive?
Posted via Mobile Device

Hootie 03-10-2013 05:23 PM

audi allroad

Bwana 03-10-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9483569)

$20? Best of luck with that.

Hootie 03-10-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 9483619)
$20? Best of luck with that.

really?

when they are already working on the car as it is?

my friend said he'd do it for free I suppose I'll just go that route...it can't be much work whatsoever...it needs to be plugged in and bolted down...that shouldn't take someone with the necessary tools/knows what they are doing more than 10 minutes

BlackHelicopters 03-10-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9483622)
really?

my friend said he'd do it for free I suppose I'll just go that route...it can't be much work whatsoever...it needs to be plugged in and bolted down...that shouldn't take someone with the necessary tools/knows what they are doing more than 10 minutes

Why did you ask us then?

seclark 03-10-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9483538)

Any idea at all who did it?
Sec

Hootie 03-10-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9483628)
Why did you ask us then?

I was wondering what a fair price to ask for at the shop tomorrow...that's why. Pretty ****ing simple, no?

I'm not going to ask them to do it for $20 if that is an insult. I have the part, I've already spent $105 on that...I would rather not waste my friend's time at his work to do me a favor so tomorrow when I'm getting some minor work done was going to have them do it as long as it didn't cost much more than $20.

if it costs $50+ for labor on something that shouldn't take more than 10 minutes then forget it

Hootie 03-10-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 9483638)
Any idea at all who did it?
Sec

No. I live in an apartment on a college campus...I went to scrape the ice of my windshield one morning a few weeks ago and the ****ing thing was dangling straight off...someone punched it, kicked it, or threw a heavy ****ing trash bag out of their window that landed right on my side mirror.

DeezNutz 03-10-2013 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9483622)
really?

Depends where you're taking it.

one who sucks the penis dealerships will try to charge $15-20 to replace a bulb. Several oil changes ago:

Them: Oops. You have a tail light out. Did you know?
Me: Nope. Go ahead and throw that on while you're changing the oil.
Them: Cool.
Me: Any additional charge for that, beyond cost of the light of course?
Them: $15.
Me: Laughter. Yeah, no.