ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Django Unchained (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268068)

Mav 05-05-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9658887)
Heh, it's interesting how much different people can feel about movies.

I loved Django, but not as much as kill bill, or Jackie Brown. It will probably grow on me over time though.

I was suspect on this movie until I watched it. Im one of the few that actually like DiCapprio as an actor. But, my god, what a great film. Plus, anything that has Walton Goggins in it, is a full win for me.

SAUTO 05-05-2013 11:51 AM

Yeah everyone hates DiCaprio.

dumbshit
Posted via Mobile Device

Rausch 05-05-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

I loved Django, but not as much as kill bill, or Jackie Brown. It will probably grow on me over time though.

I thought Jackie Brown was very underrated but hate the other two.

****ing guy is the definition of a douche who creates art, feels special, then thinks he's special and then just abandons that art...

Sure-Oz 05-05-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Heh, it's interesting how much different people can feel about movies.

never seen jackie brown, loved the kill bills

Ceej 05-05-2013 01:01 PM

I'm sure this is a hardcore Q, but Christopher Waltz is the mother****ing man.

One of my favorite actors.

And this movie was great.

Fire Me Boy! 05-05-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9658896)
I was suspect on this movie until I watched it. Im one of the few that actually like DiCapprio as an actor. But, my god, what a great film. Plus, anything that has Walton Goggins in it, is a full win for me.

:spock:

Mav 05-05-2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9659384)
:spock:

didnt realize he was that popular. my bad.....

bowener 05-05-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9658739)
I watched this last night.

I liked the movie, but I was sorta upset when it went full Tarantino in the last 40 minutes.

The movie felt like a change of pace for a while, but it was the same ole formulaic movie by the end.

Can you clarify this for me?

Sassy Squatch 05-05-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9659400)
didnt realize he was that popular. my bad.....

Not sure if SRS.......

Baby Lee 05-05-2013 02:17 PM

Re: DiCaprio - I don't dislike the guy, but I just can't see him as the 'swoooon' that others seem to. He's no Clooney or Pitt. Really like him in The Departed. But the rest of his roles, I get that apocryphal 'Hey's that's DiCaprio playing a part' patina on his performances. Moreso than even Cruise, who occasionally, rarely but occasionally, disappears into a role.

The Franchise 05-05-2013 02:19 PM

I used to hate DiCaprio but he's grown on me over the years. Gangs of New York started it....

Baby Lee 05-05-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9659493)
I used to hate DiCaprio but he's grown on me over the years. Gangs of New York started it....

Yeah, GoNY wasn't too bad for Leo, but Bill the Butcher so OWNED that movie that DiCaprio's contribution is overlooked.

The Franchise 05-05-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9659497)
Yeah, GoNY wasn't too bad for Leo, but Bill the Butcher so OWNED that movie that DiCaprio's contribution is overlooked.

Oh definitely. I never really paid attention to DDL until that movie. That guy is an amazing actor.

Baby Lee 05-05-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9659509)
Oh definitely. I never really paid attention to DDL until that movie. That guy is an amazing actor.

My Left Foot
Last of the Mohicans
In the Name of the Father

STAT!!

[just listing movies before GoNY]

MLF is his best performance

LotM is his best movie, Michael Mann and James Fenimore Cooper saw to that. LotM is one of those movies I can not only watch every time it comes on, I can completely immerse myself in every time it comes on. It's just so beautiful and tragic and emotional. Such a great movie.

beach tribe 05-06-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9659603)
My Left Foot
Last of the Mohicans
In the Name of the Father

STAT!!

[just listing movies before GoNY]

MLF is his best performance

LotM is his best movie, Michael Mann and James Fenimore Cooper saw to that. LotM is one of those movies I can not only watch every time it comes on, I can completely immerse myself in every time it comes on. It's just so beautiful and tragic and emotional. Such a great movie.

There will be blood.

"Sluuuuuurp!! I drink your milk shake!!!!"
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/s_hFTR6qyEo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>