ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Music Post your top 5 rock albums of all time (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267187)

rabblerouser 11-29-2012 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 9161956)
Correct answer is:

Aerosmith - Rocks (Toys in the Attic also acceptable)
Van Halen - II (Fair Warning also acceptable)
Led Zep - II
AC/DC - Back in Black (Highway to Hell also acceptable)
ZZ Top - Greatest Hits (too hard to pick one)

Insert either Fandango or Tres Hombres for Greatest Hits and Powerage for BIB and I'll take it!!

loochy 11-29-2012 03:23 PM

Nine Inch Nails - The Downward Spiral
Nine Inch Nails - Pretty Hate Machine
Nine Inch Nails - The Fragile
Nine Inch Nails - Year Zero
Nine Inch Nails - With Teeth

Dayze 11-29-2012 03:25 PM

I think Loochy likes NIN.

...not positive though.

loochy 11-29-2012 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9162092)

...not positive though.

Maybe just a little.

Maybe I also like Broken, but I couldn't put that in the list because it was too short of an album.

Dr. Johnny Fever 11-29-2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 9162066)
What about live albums? 'Cause Deep Purple's Made in Japan has to be on my list. If not, I'll just take Machine Head instead.

Plus...

Rush - 2112
Alice Cooper - Welcome to My Nightmare
Pink Floyd - Animals
Aerosmith - Rocks

I included Kiss "Alive" on my list. I'm just one who can't see a greatest hits album as something new or fresh in any way so to me they shouldn't count. There's no concept behind them other than making money. JMO. It wasn't defined that way in the OP so I guess anything is fair game.

Dr. Johnny Fever 11-29-2012 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9162092)

...not positive though.

loochy is a male model with a pretty wife. Have you seen him? I hate him for it.

Rasputin 11-29-2012 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9161915)
or even the Illusions. I mean, I have the record, and some of it sounds like the Dracula stuff in Forgetting Sarah Marshall.

Dude's a bug Buckethead fan, and he's pretty wizard-y with the guitar. I saw him do the nun-chucks solo, shit's crazy. But it's more 'shredd-y' guitar than the bluesy guitars of Izzy and Slash. I prefer Izzy and Slash.

Would prefer the original GN'R, but can't shit on the new line-up, either. Liked Brain better than Farrer, but DJ Ashba is a badass, so...it's apples and oranges, ya know?? Some people dig it...

At the end of the day, The only 'shredder'-type guitarists I'm into would be like, Van Halen, Dimebag, Al DiMeola, etc.

Buckethead has some beautiful songs that arn't about shredding he can play real emotional ballads. He plays great funk & has stuff with Bootsy Collins and Snoop Dog he is very diverse musician. Buckethead > Slash & Slash has been my favorite for a long time I just recognize a superior guitarist. Now I think Slash is over rated and he doesn't put forth the effort to push himself. He has drop off from his days in GnR & they all try to hold on to that fame with the band recognition and Slash and Duff arn't in it.

The RRHF was a joke they sold out & Axl didn't want any part of it.

Rasputin 11-29-2012 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9162086)
Nine Inch Nails - The Downward Spiral
Nine Inch Nails - Pretty Hate Machine
Nine Inch Nails - The Fragile
Nine Inch Nails - Year Zero
Nine Inch Nails - With Teeth

:thumb:

frankotank 11-29-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9162121)
I included Kiss "Alive" on my list. I'm just one who can't see a greatest hits album as something new or fresh in any way so to me they shouldn't count. There's no concept behind them other than making money. JMO. It wasn't defined that way in the OP so I guess anything is fair game.

how is it that you don't consider Kiss Alive a greatest hits album??
(I used to have every Kiss album on vinyl....I liked Alive II better - my fav Kiss album though is Rock And Roll Over with one of the coolest album covers ever)

RunKC 11-29-2012 03:42 PM

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._Look_Back.jpg

Pablo 11-29-2012 03:44 PM

No love for Saliva or Buckcherry?????

Stewie 11-29-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9161822)
For pure stupidity and fun, I'd pick:

5. Zappa-Joe's Garage
4. The Tubes - What Do You Want From Live?
3. Todd Rundgren - Something? Anything?
2. Tom Lehrer - An Evening Wasted
1. Stephen Lynch - A Little Bit Special

I wore that record out. It was a double album and I believe Rundgren played all the instruments.

Dr. Johnny Fever 11-29-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 9162148)
how is it that you don't consider Kiss Alive a greatest hits album??
(I used to have every Kiss album on vinyl....I liked Alive II better - my fav Kiss album though is Rock And Roll Over with one of the coolest album covers ever)

It is a greatest hits but it's live. I know... very small gray area. If you noticed I kind of backed off my "no greatest hits" stance earlier. I shouldn't have included Alive if someone else shouldn't include greatest hit but that's not defined here.

Rock and Roll over is good, I agree. As far as my favorite album cover I have to go with Dressed To Kill.

rico 11-29-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9162099)
Maybe just a little.

Maybe I also like Broken, but I couldn't put that in the list because it was too short of an album.

Awesome...NIN is my all-time favorite band. Have seen them live 6 times...1 of the 6 was up front at Lollapalooza 2009. Nobody does it like Rez. What's also cool about Reznor is that he has good taste in music with other artists...whenever I see a list of shit he is into or hear an interview of him giving some band props, I immediately check out the band and they are almost always awesome. I wasn't quite able to get into Throbbing Gristle...not sure what their even about, but the rest of his recommendations are superb. I was hooked from the first time I heard the song, "Burn" on an MTV commercial when I was 11 years old.

Dr. Johnny Fever 11-29-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PostRockPablo (Post 9162174)
No love for Saliva or Buckcherry?????

You must be crazy bitch.