ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs 2013 NFL Draft: Dion Jordan will visit the Kansas City Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271313)

Tribal Warfare 04-08-2013 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9569276)
Unless Jordan is gonna play ILB. Do not need.

A team can never have enough impact players which includes passrushers.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 04-08-2013 05:13 PM

People were saying anyone but Dontari Poe last year....

penbrook 04-08-2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9569288)
A team can never have enough impact players which includes passrushers.

That is true. Hali is getting older. This draft will be for the future and not the now.

BossChief 04-08-2013 05:21 PM

My order of preference at the time being.

1) Geno Smith - all the tools
2) Matt Barkley - everybody would have been happy if we drafted him last year and he is the same guy.
3) Trade down - if we arent gonna take a qb, there is nobody we can't get the equivalent to an hour later.
4) Dion Jordan - if we can't trade down and are dead set on passing on qbs, the only pick is the best pass rusher in the draft.
5) Tavon Austin - guys that are a threat to score on every play can't get overdrafted. Especially when our qb is limited to shorter passes that the receivers need to make plays after they catch the ball.
6) Ezekial Ansah - not sold on him as a pass rusher at the next level, but the tools are there.
7) Eric Fisher (while keeping Albert to set ulus up with elite bookends.) if they are dead set on taking an OT, Fisher has to be the pick because he can play right tackle.
8) Luke Joeckel - this is an absolute last resort IMO. The guy got beat across his face against good teams (Florida and Alabama) and this option likely means Albert is on his way out.

penbrook 04-08-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9569314)

2) Matt Barkley - everybody would have been happy if we drafted him last year and he is the same guy.
3) Trade down - if we arent gonna take a qb, there is nobody we can't get the equivalent to an hour later.
4) Dion Jordan - if we can't trade down and are dead set on passing on qbs, the only pick is the best pass rusher in the draft.
5) Tavon Austin - guys that are a threat to score on every play can't get overdrafted. Especially when our qb is limited to shorter passes that the receivers need to make plays after they catch the ball.
6) Ezekial Ansah - not sold on him as a pass rusher at the next level, but the tools are there.
7) Eric Fisher (while keeping Albert to set ulus up with elite bookends.) if they are dead set on taking an OT, Fisher has to be the pick because he can play right tackle.
8) Luke Joeckel - this is an absolute last resort IMO. The guy got beat across his face against good teams (Florida and Alabama) and this option likely means Albert is on his way out.

This.

penbrook 04-08-2013 05:33 PM

Rappaport said Mcclain has 3 offers on the table.

Dont know if KC is one of them.

BossChief 04-08-2013 05:40 PM

Even though I'd love for us to sign McClain, I doubt they start a new regime by targeting a guy that was kicked off the RAIDERS for bad attitude/off field trouble.

penbrook 04-08-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9569365)
Even though I'd love for us to sign McClain, I doubt they start a new regime by targeting a guy that was kicked off the RAIDERS for bad attitude/off field trouble.

Its the Raiders.

Rappaport said Mcclain will go somewhere where there is structure at.

Urc Burry 04-08-2013 05:46 PM

I would almost put money on McClain going to the ravens

mcaj22 04-08-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9569373)
Its the Raiders.

Rappaport said Mcclain will go somewhere where there is structure at.

"Its the Raiders"

is not an excuse

I heard the same thing last year about Kevin Boss and Stanford Routt, oh its just the Raiders they are good players

and they ruined this team/and are believe or not, shitty players regardless of the team stereotype. Foreign concept around here I know, but a turd player is a turd player and you cant polish it

Messier 04-08-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

I'm assuming you watched a lot of Joeckel, can I ask why in your opinion he's being overhyped by everyone? I'm not even kidding, because many here hate the thought of Jockel, and at first I thought it was just pro Geno backlash, but it seems people here really think he's mediocre. I guess I want to know if you can think of anyone outside CP that shares that thought, because Joeckel is going to be drafted in the top ten, if not by us, someone will take him. What is every scout, every draftpert, and GM missing. You say he did poorly against better competition. Wouldn't that stick out like a sore thumb in his evaluation?

Messier 04-08-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9569246)
That's not why I don't like Dion Jordan, ****face.

Okay dillweed.

Messier 04-08-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9569246)
That's not why I don't like Dion Jordan, ****face.

Who, other than a QB could they take, and you'd say, that's not a bad pick?

Saccopoo 04-08-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9569460)
Who, other than a QB could they take, and you'd say, that's not a bad pick?

In this draft?

Nobody.

Nobody is close to what Geno gives you in terms of potential and proven production/experience.

The only guys that are close is Jarvis Jones of Georgia, and he lacks the physical tools to dominate at the next level. (As I've stated several times, he's this years version of Jerry Hughes. Very instinctive and productive, but lacks the physical tools to be dominant at the next level.), and Barrett Jones of Alabama.

Jones was a three time first team All-American at three different positions on the offensive line and won the Outland Trophy his junior year at left tackle.

Everybody else is potential versus potential plus production.

Coogs 04-08-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

:thumb: