ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Last Resort (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263986)

BigMeatballDave 09-28-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 8957891)
Seems like a good mini-series at best.

But I haven't watched it. Just basing that on the concept.

I just watch it online. Not bad.

Like you said, a good mini-series, but I just can't see how they could even squeeze out 22+ episodes.

NJChiefsFan 09-30-2012 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 8957871)
Well they went about 7 seasons. Seven... meaningless... seasons.

Yeah, 6 seasons. I am not sure this show gets the chance to last, or could if it got the chance. I am not one that feels the ending ruined the show even though I wasn't a fan of it. What it did ruin is my desire to ever watch the episodes again, which I always did. What happened to them at the end doesn't affect my feelings of the other seasons I liked. Anyway, that's a conversation for another thread.

patteeu 10-01-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 8960155)
Yeah, 6 seasons. I am not sure this show gets the chance to last, or could if it got the chance. I am not one that feels the ending ruined the show even though I wasn't a fan of it. What it did ruin is my desire to ever watch the episodes again, which I always did. What happened to them at the end doesn't affect my feelings of the other seasons I liked. Anyway, that's a conversation for another thread.

That's how I feel about lost. The ending didn't completely ruin it for me, but it sure didn't connect a bunch of previously laid clues in a fascinating way that would make me want to go back and see what I might have missed the first time. I collected the DVDs as the series progressed thinking I'd want to go back and rewatch the entire series at some point but now I doubt I ever will.

Jenson71 10-01-2012 10:54 AM

I liked 666 Park Avenue. A little campy, but fun enough.

Deberg_1990 10-05-2012 08:04 AM

2nd episode last night was pretty good too. Consistent with the 1st episode as far as quality. Im still interested

oldandslow 10-05-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8978611)
2nd episode last night was pretty good too. Consistent with the 1st episode as far as quality. Im still interested

Yep, me too...thought it was actually very good.

whoman69 10-06-2012 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8978611)

I don't understand the position of the COB. You have orders coming through back channels when your front channels are open. When they request the orders come through the proper channels they are fired upon. You have proof that those who fired upon you were your own people. You have a missile attack on Pakistan with no provocation. After all this you're still holding onto orders are orders?

They've just let too many open holes. Nobody in the states is even talking about the attack on Pakistan, another nuclear power. What has Pakistan done to respond? The US is at war with Pakistan and they're sending the fleet out to counter the Colorado?

DJ's left nut 10-10-2012 11:27 AM

It will last as long as they are able to figure out a way to get Autumn Reeser in her underwear every week (the tech guru).

Wow - that girl is attractive.

I think there was some pretty serious overacting, but I don't watch network dramas so that may just be par for the course. Like most, I was intrigued by the Clancy-esq element of the show and like most I just don't see how they get more than a season or 2 out of it, max.

They'll need to develop the hell out of some of the characters that aren't on that boat. You'll need it to be some combination of The West Wing, Lost and Red October. If they're able to swing it, the subject matter is interesting enough to keep it going for a bit.

But that's a pretty high bar.