ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Money Affiliate Marketing: Any tips? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269253)

Mr. Flopnuts 01-24-2013 07:46 AM

Affiliate Marketing: Any tips?

So as many of you know, I live in Branson which is completely dead in the winter. I work maybe a day or two a week, and have tons of time on my hands. Looking for ways to spend my time, and earn more money I stumbled upon affiliate marketing. I've heard of it before, but know very little about it.

Is it legit? Seems like people are making pretty good money doing it. I figured this would be a great spot to see if anyone had any experience with it, and tap the Planet's brain.

SAUTO 01-24-2013 07:47 AM

pyramid scheme

SAUTO 01-24-2013 07:53 AM

really though i got nuthin. lol

Mr. Flopnuts 01-24-2013 07:56 AM

LOL, pyramid's are great when you're at the top. Tell you what, give me $100. When we get 50 people to do this, I'll cash it out at $5000. It'll be a gift. Find 50 more to do it and we'll cash you out at $5000. Another gift. After that, **** em, they can get their own gift. You in?

Mr. Flopnuts 01-24-2013 08:37 AM

Nobody here has done this? This may be a first. I'm doing some research, and if it's legit, I'll post some information. It seems from early onset to be a pretty good revenue generator if you're willing to put in the work.

Nzoner 01-24-2013 10:25 AM

My mrs and her sisters have a link to Amazon on their NASCAR website and if someone uses the link to purchase something they get a small commission.Their biggest challenge is that their site doesn't get enough traffic to make any real money at it.

My only concern would be to make sure the product you promote is very good and check it out thoroughly before putting your name behind it.Having been in direct mail marketing for almost 23 years now I could write a book on the amount of idea people I've met with who wanted to promote their ideas/new business with just a P.O. Box and or toll free number without even a second thought and how the buying public might perceive it.

Good luck.

Hog's Gone Fishin 01-24-2013 12:35 PM

I'll stand behind every ounce of semen I produce. Lets get this show on the road !

LiveSteam 01-24-2013 12:44 PM

I have nothing to add on this subject.
This is my favorite lil whore house in Branson though

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...79639623_n.jpg

Strongside 01-24-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9346675)
So as many of you know, I live in Branson which is completely dead in the winter. I work maybe a day or two a week, and have tons of time on my hands. Looking for ways to spend my time, and earn more money I stumbled upon affiliate marketing. I've heard of it before, but know very little about it.

Is it legit? Seems like people are making pretty good money doing it. I figured this would be a great spot to see if anyone had any experience with it, and tap the Planet's brain.

Probably depends on which type you're considering. In most cases, you have to slave to make any kind of real cash. My agency hires AM groups all the time to generate web traffic for clients, basically so that we can monitor and test analytics and perform search engine optimization. A lot of these groups use less-web-based tactics as well like writing reviews on products, attending trade shows, and even passing out fliers. Depending on your background, and unless your'e an experienced marketer already, it's going to be tough to get started. It's a performance based business, which usually means that it's a pyramid scheme. I'm not telling you don't do it, but you'll probably have the same luck selling Tupperware or Mary Kay.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-24-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9347765)
Probably depends on which type you're considering. In most cases, you have to slave to make any kind of real cash. My agency hires AM groups all the time to generate web traffic for clients, basically so that we can monitor and test analytics and perform search engine optimization. A lot of these groups use less-web-based tactics as well like writing reviews on products, attending trade shows, and even passing out fliers. Depending on your background, and unless your'e an experienced marketer already, it's going to be tough to get started. It's a performance based business, which usually means that it's a pyramid scheme. I'm not telling you don't do it, but you'll probably have the same luck selling Tupperware or Mary Kay.

This type of response is what I was waiting for. I'm not trying to get rich, just looking for something to do to pass my time that will generate some money. I'm not a dumb guy, but I'm not the smartest guy in the room either, and I've got zero experience in marketing. I appreciate your input.

Strongside 01-24-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9347805)
This type of response is what I was waiting for. I'm not trying to get rich, just looking for something to do to pass my time that will generate some money. I'm not a dumb guy, but I'm not the smartest guy in the room either, and I've got zero experience in marketing. I appreciate your input.

No problem. I just think that you'd be better served spending your time on something that doesn't require you to break your back so that someone else doesn't have to. This is basically outsourcing jobs...somewhere along the line, someone realized that they could get rich via online advertising. They soon after realized that they could do literally nothing in the process by giving some poor schmuck a minuscule piece of the pie for doing the grunt work. Sure, every company on earth works this way to an extent, but you can find better ways to make some cash on the side.

Try looking at your life as it sits now. Do you have any hobbies that you might be able to turn into a cash yielding venture? For instance, are you artistic? Do you antique? Are you handy?

There's a number of things that we do in our everyday lives (and that we're good at) that we don't realize we could be profiting from. My brother works as a printing press operator in his day job. On the weekends he works as a handy-man for real-estate companies who need small fixes on rental properties...this was born from his carpentry hobby, and all-around handy man status. I, myself, have painted for years as a hobby but recently started making extra cash by selling them in KC galleries...I've also taken up the 'hobby' of buying, restoring and reselling old furniture.

Things like that are fun, take up your free time, allow you to feel like you've accomplished something on your own (not for someone else's benefit) and earn you extra cash. Just a thought.

Rausch 01-24-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveSteam (Post 9347729)
I have nothing to add on this subject.
This is my favorite lil whore house in Branson though

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...79639623_n.jpg

Good on you.

Unfortunately I now need a list of every woman you've ever so much as deep kissed...

Mr. Flopnuts 01-24-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9347903)
No problem. I just think that you'd be better served spending your time on something that doesn't require you to break your back so that someone else doesn't have to. This is basically outsourcing jobs...somewhere along the line, someone realized that they could get rich via online advertising. They soon after realized that they could do literally nothing in the process by giving some poor schmuck a minuscule piece of the pie for doing the grunt work. Sure, every company on earth works this way to an extent, but you can find better ways to make some cash on the side.

Try looking at your life as it sits now. Do you have any hobbies that you might be able to turn into a cash yielding venture? For instance, are you artistic? Do you antique? Are you handy?

There's a number of things that we do in our everyday lives (and that we're good at) that we don't realize we could be profiting from. My brother works as a printing press operator in his day job. On the weekends he works as a handy-man for real-estate companies who need small fixes on rental properties...this was born from his carpentry hobby, and all-around handy man status. I, myself, have painted for years as a hobby but recently started making extra cash by selling them in KC galleries...I've also taken up the 'hobby' of buying, restoring and reselling old furniture.

Things like that are fun, take up your free time, allow you to feel like you've accomplished something on your own (not for someone else's benefit) and earn you extra cash. Just a thought.

Absolutely. I was actually looking into it because the way it was described was as sales. And while I'm new in sales, it's absolutely where I belong. I love it. I'm great with people, I like people, and I have an uncanny knack at figuring out what makes individuals tick. In a very short period of time after meeting them.

I just thought that was really what this was. I've got a couple of ideas, was kind of looking into the fitness/weight loss/motivational type material that gets peddled online and run with it. Some of those deals are 75% commission rates with recurring billing that I continue to get 75% of. Nothing overnight, but I had a couple of ideas and was just looking for some more basic info. I appreciate the insight, and the advice.