ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Rank the RBs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=189689)

KCJohnny 08-23-2008 08:32 PM

Rank the RBs

I don't care what anyone says, Dantrell Savage is a keeper. This young man shows real potential to be a brilliant young back. I even saw him pick up a blizter. I know the other guys are also really, really sharp, but I can't help but be impressed with his drive, speed, quickness and heart. Oh, did I mention power? For a guy who weighs 182 he seems difficult to tackle.

Anyway, here's my depth chart at RB:

Johnson
Savage
Smith
Charles
Battle

I wish we could trade 1 or 2 of these guys for a couple OLmen. Funny, last year we ran out of RBs, this year we have an embarrassment of riches. The one guy on that list that needs the least help from his OL is Savage.

Go Chiefs!
:arrow:

Spicy McHaggis 08-23-2008 08:34 PM

I don't think anyone who has watched a game will disagree with you about Savage. If I'm Herm I'm definitely considering keeping four backs, especially since Savage and Charles will both contribute in the return game.

JuicesFlowing 08-23-2008 08:36 PM

Who is this Battle character? Get rid of him, please. Your assessment is correct in my opinion ...

KCUnited 08-23-2008 08:37 PM

Savage will be a solid #2.

Get. The. ****. Out.

I know we lost and all, but seriously.

milkman 08-23-2008 08:38 PM

I personally can't wait for the day that LJ is no longer a part of this team.

SAUTO 08-23-2008 08:39 PM

battle's not too bad either

KCJohnny 08-23-2008 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuicesFlowing (Post 4939779)
Who is this Battle character? Get rid of him, please. Your assessment is correct in my opinion ...

Actually, Battle is the guy 2nd in least need of a great Ol to get his yards. His name is his style - he fights for tough inside yards. I like all our RBs. But Savage should be right there behind LJ. You older guys may remember Dave Meggett. I think Savage is the Meggett package plus some.

CupidStunt 08-23-2008 08:42 PM

Honestly?

Smith
Charles
Savage
-
LJ
Battle

Rausch 08-23-2008 08:44 PM

I havent' seen squat from Charles that impresses me.

I'd keep 4. I think we've got huge talent at HB and WR that could pan out.

I'd prefer to short a bundle of our underperforming OL...

KCJohnny 08-23-2008 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lj4mvp (Post 4939840)
Honestly?

Smith
Charles
Savage
-
LJ
Battle

Gee, seems kind of harsh from a guy who's username is lj4mvp...

No way Savage is 3rd...

Coach 08-23-2008 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCJohnny (Post 4939872)
Gee, seems kind of harsh from a guy who's username is lj4mvp...

No way Savage is 3rd...

I'd have to agree with him with LJ being demoted. He hasn't looked too good, and I am beginning to believe that this zone blocking that Chan is wanting im implement isn't exactly LJ's style.

KCJohnny 08-23-2008 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 4939887)
I'd have to agree with him with LJ being demoted. He hasn't looked too good, and I am beginning to believe that this zone blocking that Chan is wanting im implement isn't exactly LJ's style.

LJ's a downhill runner who hits the perimeter with power, speed and purpose. But his best years were in the Rammy pass-to-set-up-the-run spread O which is NOT Channyball at all.

The big dough that Carl paid LJ would have been a nice investment in a franchise QB or at least a bad@$$ OL.

Coulda, shoulda, woulda. I hope LJ tears a hole in defenses this year and makes us all proud. If he gets hurt, I'm not conncerened about the RB position at all.

milkman 08-23-2008 08:51 PM

Quote:

LJ was a guy that could get some extra yards when he had huge holes to run through.

He hasn't yet shown the vision and patience that a good zone blocking scheme requires from a RB.

And he still sucks as a blocker, and that is because he simply doesn't care.

He's a useless bastard.

JuicesFlowing 08-23-2008 08:54 PM

Quote:

I dunno, when the blocking works, I think LJ runs pretty good ... Regardless, tonight was completely discouraging no matter what excuse is made. Ricky Effing Williams made us look bad. That's sad.

JuicesFlowing 08-23-2008 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 4939901)
LJ was a guy that could get some extra yards when he had huge holes to run through.

He hasn't yet shown the vision and patience that a good zone blocking scheme requires from a RB.

And he still sucks as a blocker, and that is because he simply doesn't care.

He's a useless bastard.

His blocking is atrocious, and that annoys the shit out of me.