ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games NCAA Football 2014 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274394)

AussieChiefsFan 07-12-2013 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9806984)
it's been a while since I read up on it, but I think the NFLPA is the one who doesn't renew. shit who knows. I remember coming away from reading something with the thought of EA being out of the running this time.

Oh I think you're right, it's the NFLPA. But yeah, a few years ago I think everyone was wondering what would happen EAs exclusivity coming to an end, but they ended up just renewing the exclusive license.

Dayze 07-12-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9806987)
Oh I think you're right, it's the NFLPA. But yeah, a few years ago I think everyone was wondering what would happen EAs exclusivity coming to an end, but they ended up just renewing the exclusive license.

yep; I remember too. I think it was due to expire in 2012 but they extended it. something like that.

please god let them not renew.

Pepe Silvia 07-12-2013 04:24 PM

I love building dynasty's with shit schools. Great challenge.

AussieChiefsFan 07-13-2013 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9807183)
yep; I remember too. I think it was due to expire in 2012 but they extended it. something like that.

please god let them not renew.

This.

The Franchise 07-15-2013 09:53 AM

This game is broken as shit. Jesus Christ. This may be the last year that I buy a game from this franchise.

Heisman defense is ****ing broken. The read option is to powerful. Recruiting was supposed to be quicker and easier....it's not.

OmahaChief 07-15-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9813297)
The read option is to powerful. Recruiting was supposed to be quicker and easier....it's not.

I am getting gashed by the read option. Playing with a a good team against a scrub team the QB is still running for dang near 100 ypg.

I like parts of the new recruiting deal but I really lislike the interface. I don't hink it is easy to follow and is a bit cumbersome. The time I used to spend on calls is now spent just trying to figure out things on the screen and how to move them. I do like the one shot scouting though.

So far I am at least having fun and that is important. The game is not perfect but at least it is not unplayable like a few versions in the past.

Dayze 07-15-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9813297)
This game is broken as shit. Jesus Christ. This may be the last year that I buy a game from this franchise.

Heisman defense is ****ing broken. The read option is to powerful. Recruiting was supposed to be quicker and easier....it's not.

hmmm.
I'm not nearly ready for Heisman yet, but....sounds like I shouldn't expect much lol

The Franchise 07-15-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OmahaChief (Post 9813336)
I am getting gashed by the read option. Playing with a a good team against a scrub team the QB is still running for dang near 100 ypg.

I like parts of the new recruiting deal but I really lislike the interface. I don't hink it is easy to follow and is a bit cumbersome. The time I used to spend on calls is now spent just trying to figure out things on the screen and how to move them. I do like the one shot scouting though.

So far I am at least having fun and that is important. The game is not perfect but at least it is not unplayable like a few versions in the past.

Here is my main problem with the Read Option in this game.

It was a great idea to add it to the game and the basis of how it works in the game is great. Where they ****ed up....was adding it to EVERY ****ING PLAYBOOK in the game. You've got QBs that have 70 speed running the read option and getting 10 yards per carry. And they're getting it because they made the AI of the defender into that of a rock.

Then to make sure that everyone would try out the read option.....they took out almost half of the running plays from the previous year. It's pretty much like they're making it so you HAVE to run the read option.

And don't get me started on the defense portion of this game. Go try and play against a team that has a decently fast QB that has a little above average accuracy. You can't defend anything they throw at you. And then on offense.....the computer punishes you for every mistake you make.

OmahaChief 07-15-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9813356)
Here is my main problem with the Read Option in this game.

It was a great idea to add it to the game and the basis of how it works in the game is great. Where they ****ed up....was adding it to EVERY ****ING PLAYBOOK in the game. You've got QBs that have 70 speed running the read option and getting 10 yards per carry. And they're getting it because they made the AI of the defender into that of a rock.

Then to make sure that everyone would try out the read option.....they took out almost half of the running plays from the previous year. It's pretty much like they're making it so you HAVE to run the read option.

And don't get me started on the defense portion of this game. Go try and play against a team that has a decently fast QB that has a little above average accuracy. You can't defend anything they throw at you. And then on offense.....the computer punishes you for every mistake you make.

Great point on the playbooks. Teddy Bridgewater was destroying me last night with the read option. Pretty sure Louisville did not run the read option 15 to 20 times a game last year.

Dayze 07-15-2013 11:49 AM

I never select the read-option on offense; and If I'm in RTG and it's called, I aubile out of it if possible.

The Franchise 07-15-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9813522)
I never select the read-option on offense; and If I'm in RTG and it's called, I aubile out of it if possible.

You're going to fail in dynasty mode then. They've made it so that you HAVE to run it to keep up with the computer.

Dayze 07-15-2013 11:54 AM

shit.
my reflexes are fast enough to read the end lol.

Aspengc8 07-15-2013 12:48 PM

If your having a hard time stopping the read option, or even triple option, change your coaching strategies (I think its left bumper on the play select screen). I set it to aggressive I think (the one that says to defender will crash on the QB and leave pitch man), and user the MLB or SS, come down and clean up the run. If its a triple, just scrape and the QB will pitch fast and you can string the play out for a 1 or 2 yard gain only, if that.

I only really play online though, so I'm sure the CPU will find a way to cheat.

The Franchise 07-15-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 9813628)
If your having a hard time stopping the read option, or even triple option, change your coaching strategies (I think its left bumper on the play select screen). I set it to aggressive I think (the one that says to defender will crash on the QB and leave pitch man), and user the MLB or SS, come down and clean up the run. If its a triple, just scrape and the QB will pitch fast and you can string the play out for a 1 or 2 yard gain only, if that.

I only really play online though, so I'm sure the CPU will find a way to cheat.

And that's EA for you. Break something and require the user to do some reeruned ass shit to get it back to normal.

Aspengc8 07-16-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9813748)
And that's EA for you. Break something and require the user to do some reeruned ass shit to get it back to normal.

Whats reeruned about it? You have to have someone account for the QB, just like real life.