ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   (Sammy Knight)Should he be the man from now on that adjust the defense? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=130225)

OzArK KrAzO 12-02-2005 05:52 AM

(Sammy Knight)Should he be the man from now on that adjust the defense?

It really looked like he was all over bradys plays.And mabey it helped mitchel some buy letting him just get out some frustration just hitting and not thinking so much about adjustments.

Seek 12-02-2005 08:07 AM

I don't know what you are talking about. I saw Kawika calling audibles a bunch last week. He started the audible by holding both arms up in a fist. Much like the Rocky Balboa statue. Then after that you would see the other line backers followed by the safeties do it, and they would all shift into a run supported zone, and Kawika was normally the person making the play.

I even saw him come up and push DJ way outside, and KM lined up in DJ's old spot, and the run went right between both of them.

htismaqe 12-02-2005 08:08 AM

Mitchell's improvement is remarkable...

Hoover 12-02-2005 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe
Mitchell's improvement is remarkable...

I agree, I think we have ourselves a Stud MLB

NY CHIEF 12-02-2005 08:54 AM

I have to give the guy his props!! Last year he flat out sucked ass, this year he's playing very well. Nice improvment :clap:

Seek 12-02-2005 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NY CHIEF
I have to give the guy his props!! Last year he flat out sucked ass, this year he's playing very well. Nice improvment :clap:

Last year his first half of the season wasn't great. The last four games of the year, he already turned the corner. Still last year, he made a bunch of plays, but he would give up one play for every good 5.

Last year he had no help with Beisel or Fujita. He does not have to worry about that anymore.

Eleazar 12-02-2005 09:05 AM

I'm glad he is finally getting some credit, after being one of the most maligned draft picks in recent memory.

Seek 12-02-2005 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise
I'm glad he is finally getting some credit, after being one of the most maligned draft picks in recent memory.

I also believe his contract is up after this year.

jspchief 12-02-2005 09:32 AM

My guess is Knight was active in making adjustments due to his familiarity with the Patriots (Dolphins divisional opponent).

I'm not going to pretend to know who should be making those on field calls. Whatever we are doing seems to be working. And to honest I'm a little bit giddy over the notion that we actually have more than on guy capable of being an on field leader like that.

As for Mitchell, the way he plays the pass for a MLB is a rare thing, and if he keeps on this path, he's going to start getting mentioned in some lofty company. I'm glad the Chiefs didn't give up on him like so many of us fans had.

OzArK KrAzO 12-02-2005 11:46 AM

Ive got no problems with michells calling defence.If that game was all him he did a hell of a job.Even with the pats. without Dillon. While im thinkin how long till D.J is in line for that job? GO CHIEFS

Pitt Gorilla 12-02-2005 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NY CHIEF

Actually, he was quite good last year towards the end. I know it was fashionable to make fun of him, but he played well.

Pitt Gorilla 12-02-2005 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seek
I also believe his contract is up after this year.

Isn't this just his 3rd year? That doesn't sound like a Carl contract.

funk monkey 12-02-2005 12:41 PM

samme knight is one of our few good secondarys...it could be good if he controlls it..and with Simms back, we have a really good chance of beating the bronks

ClevelandChief 12-02-2005 12:50 PM

u r sofaking wetodded

Seek 12-02-2005 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla
Isn't this just his 3rd year? That doesn't sound like a Carl contract.

I believe and I could easily be wrong, but I believe he has a four year deal contract with one year voidable.

Carl does not give out big contracts for any pick other than the first year. He wants them to prove it first. Like Jordan Black and Brett Williams. Both are FA after this year.

I also think Julian Battle is at the end of his contract.