ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football head coach landing spots: your choice (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266982)

mcaj22 11-23-2012 01:39 PM

no the secondary was fine when it was

Berry
Carr
Flowers
Arenas
McGraw
Lewis

2 of those guys arent here anymore and they (Pioli) has done an awful job at replacing talent

as of right now we dont have a starting caliber #2 NFL CB. If you think Javier Arenas or Jalil Brown are a #2 CB in the NFL you are a dumb homer

chiefzilla1501 11-23-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9144085)
you have to a delusional homer if you cant see a new coach and GM will bring a massive turnover.

new FS
new CBs (yes plural)
new D-line
new O-line
new WRs
new RBs
new TEs
etc

Again. Over dramatic.

We need a new free safety but this one of the least important priorities for a football team.

Multiple CBs? Give me a break. Flowers and arenas are solid.
Our oline is fine -- they were great protecting orton in even an average scheme.
We don't need new wrs. Bowe, breaston, mccluster is a solid enough combo for a qb.
We don't need new rbs, we need a qb who is going to get defenders from stacking the box and playing 15 in.
We don't need new tight ends. Boss and moeaki are more than adequate.

This is the overreaction I'm talking about. A year ago, we said we were a qb and a nose tackle away from being serious contenders. Suddenly, we need an overhaul. No we don't. We need better coaching and a qb who improves everyone around him. Yes, we can upgrade those positions above, but we aren't going to lose super bowls because moeaki and Lewis aren't pro bowlers.

chiefzilla1501 11-23-2012 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9144109)
no the secondary was fine when it was

Berry
Carr
Flowers
Arenas
McGraw
Lewis

2 of those guys arent here anymore and they (Pioli) has done an awful job at replacing talent

as of right now we dont have a starting caliber #2 NFL CB. If you think Javier Arenas or Jalil Brown are a #2 CB in the NFL you are a dumb homer

Losing McGraw did nothing except hurt our safety depth.

Losing Carr did not turn us from a strong secondary to one of the worst in the league.

You replace Carr in the offseason with somebody who is at least a solid starter. Not the dramatic situation you paint it to be. Replacing Kendrick Lewis would be nice, but it's not critical.

The Franchise 11-23-2012 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9144126)

Losing Carr did not turn us from a strong secondary to one of the worst in the league.

You replace Carr in the offseason with somebody who is at least a solid starter. Not the dramatic situation you paint it to be. Replacing Kendrick Lewis would be nice, but it's not critical.

Replacing Lewis is critical. He ****ing sucks.

Rain Man 11-23-2012 02:01 PM

I'd probably go by process of elimination:

Dallas - First one out. Don't want to deal with that owner, even if he signs people.

Chiefs - Second one out. If the rumors are correct that the GM is telling coaches who to start, no way.

Cincy - Third one out. Cheap owners, and you're never going to fix that.

Philly - Fourth one out. I think the owner is pretty active, and I don't want to follow Andy Reid. Plus, that team seems to have some problem children on the roster.

San Diego - Fifth one out. GM seems to be a little bit of a control freak.

Ny Jets - I'd be fine with this team, but it's a bit of a media circus and has a problematic roster.

Carolina - Fine team to take over, but the market is a little small.

Minnesota - Ownership seems stable, good base roster to build from. Could be first, but will probably be second.

Cleveland - If you can rebuild this team, you will be a god in Cleveland. Granted, it's Cleveland, but it's a team with history and pride that really needs to restore its bite. Kind of like the Chiefs, but my impression is that I wouldn't have the GM telling me which QB to start here.

I don't pay that much attention to the dramas on other teams, so I could be missing some big red flag on a team. Honestly, I have no idea what I'm talking about for the most part.

chiefzilla1501 11-23-2012 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9144155)
Replacing Lewis is critical. He ****ing sucks.

Quality talent at free safety is a luxury. Not a necessity. This team isn't in a critical position if they upgrade elsewhere and ignore Lewis.

And this can easily be solved with a low draft pick or cheap free agency pickup.

Sorter 11-23-2012 02:11 PM

Cleveland has quietly added some very nice pieces to their roster in Gordon, Mack, Haden, Ward, ILB who I can't remember his name, Sheard, and Taylor. There is more but Cleveland wouldn't be turrible. That division is rough though. I think KC is the most attractive option if Pioli is gone. Don't want to play Tom, Rapist, Flacco, Dalton, Ryan, Brees, Rogers 2X a year and try to rely on WCs to make the playoffs.

okoye35chiefs 11-23-2012 02:14 PM

I would almost say Carolina and build around Cam..

If there was a diff GM I would say KC...

but clearly that is agaisnt the rules as stated in the question....

chiefzilla1501 11-23-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okoye35chiefs (Post 9144202)
I would almost say Carolina and build around Cam..

If there was a diff GM I would say KC...

but clearly that is agaisnt the rules as stated in the question....

If the chiefs have ability to get geno, you get a qb with an upside I like a hell of a lot better than cam.

okoye35chiefs 11-24-2012 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9144214)
If the chiefs have ability to get geno, you get a qb with an upside I like a hell of a lot better than cam.

I agree but with Pioli in charge I cringe

chiefzilla1501 11-24-2012 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okoye35chiefs (Post 9145565)
I agree but with Pioli in charge I cringe

Without pioli, I think kc is one of the most attractive landing spots. With him, it's the worst.

Chief Roundup 11-24-2012 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9144126)

McGraw sucked. He got beat all the time. He was a good ST player though.

Chief Roundup 11-24-2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9144194)
Cleveland has quietly added some very nice pieces to their roster in Gordon, Mack, Haden, Ward, ILB who I can't remember his name, Sheard, and Taylor. There is more but Cleveland wouldn't be turrible. That division is rough though. I think KC is the most attractive option if Pioli is gone. Don't want to play Tom, Rapist, Flacco, Dalton, Ryan, Brees, Rogers 2X a year and try to rely on WCs to make the playoffs.

Who is their GM? I know they got a new owner but don't know who they got as a GM.

Deberg_1990 11-24-2012 10:23 AM

Ill never understand how Marvin Lewis keeps his job. Hes perfectly mediocre.

chiefzilla1501 11-24-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9145735)
Ill never understand how Marvin Lewis keeps his job. Hes perfectly mediocre.

I don't think Marvin is terrible. It doesn't help when your owner continuously gives you players who are locker room killers. I think Marvin could do ok behind not mike brown. Don't think he's a super bowl coach, but better than what he's been allowed to work with.