ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chumlee On Pawn Stars Makes 25K Per Episode - Drives A Maserati (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269319)

displacedinMN 01-25-2013 08:35 PM

Just remember- 10 years from now-we will still be working at our jobs and Chum will be the topic of a "remember when" show. Broke, high and in jail.

Then we will all point at him and laugh.
Happy Friday!

SAUTO 01-25-2013 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by displacedinMN (Post 9351569)
Just remember- 10 years from now-we will still be working at our jobs and Chum will be the topic of a "remember when" show. Broke, high and in jail.

Then we will all point at him and laugh.
Happy Friday!

shit I wouldn't laugh, sounds like he had a great time
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud 01-25-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 9351509)
Also, all these people on the shows make more money from the shows than they do with their businesses.

Wow, really? I figured all pawn shop employees were pulling down $600k a year each.

Deberg_1990 01-25-2013 08:46 PM

Living the dream. Butthurt much?
Posted via Mobile Device

Titty Meat 01-25-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9351584)
Wow, really? I figured all pawn shop employees were pulling down $600k a year each.

Lmao

KC native 01-25-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9351567)
it says in the article what the car was going for and what he paid.
Posted via Mobile Device

Missed that. He paid 85k for it because it's probably a 2009-2010.

KC native 01-25-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

The IQ level of this board isn't great. Just making sure the slow were able to keep up.

J Diddy 01-25-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9351568)
Is 'American Pickers' real?

I don't know how it couldn't be. It bores the shit out of me.

Tombstone RJ 01-25-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9351308)
It's Friday and this falls into the "this will piss you off category."

I like Pawn Stars because I think it's informative and I like the history lessons.

But I did some research and I found that fat **** Austin "Chumlee" Russell on Pawn Stars makes 25 grand per episode and he drives a freaking Maserati.

If you think any of these "reality" shows are real think again.

Pawn Stars is about as scripted as it can be. In fact Gold & Silver Pawn is hardly a pawn shop anymore but more of a gift shop selling coffee mugs and t-shirts.

You can tell it's all staged because no one is in the shop when they are shooting, it's always empty.

I know this good looking lady down here in Houston who owns a pawn shop and asked her if anyone has ever approached her about doing a show like this.

She said yes but they wanted to tell her who would play what character/personality. The shows producers decide who plays what.

I asked how does Pawn Stars get all that crazy stuff to walk through the door and she said they place ads in the local papers looking for people to bring in weird stuff for the show. So I guess they're all actors.

Chumlee plays a dumbass and plays it well but dude is worth almost a million dollars because of this show.

Man.

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/ric...ell-net-worth/

"Austin Chumlee Russell is an American reality television star with a net worth of $600 thousand and a salary per episode $25,000. Austin Chumlee Russell acquired that net worth as a cast member of the History Channel reality show Pawn Stars. He works behind the counter of the pawnshop and has a special interest in pinball machines. The show follows the goings-on at the Las Vegas based 24-hour Gold & Silver Pawn Shop. Austin famously was able to talk a local Maserati shop into selling him a $100,000 car for only $85,000 proving his skills as a haggler. Chumlee got the job because he is Corey Harrison's childhood best friend."

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JXIUTYOz9Wg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

No way, so you saying "reality TV" isn't really real? No way dude!! (said no one ever).

Ceej 01-25-2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9351465)
The guy's a star. Was anybody really stupid enough to think they don't get paid like it? More power to him. I hope he buys another one just like it so people can whine about that, too.

Kind of how I feel.

Like, people on this board wouldn't do the same.

88TG88 01-25-2013 09:27 PM

Good for that fatass

cosmo20002 01-25-2013 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9351308)

Pawn Stars is about as scripted as it can be. In fact Gold & Silver Pawn is hardly a pawn shop anymore but more of a gift shop selling coffee mugs and t-shirts.

You can tell it's all staged because no one is in the shop when they are shooting, it's always empty.

I know someone who has been on the show. The actual "negotiations" are basically real, but everything else is planned out. Obviously, people aren't just walking through the door with interesting items and the cameras are rolling. All the items and sellers are screened well in advance, and they come back on taping days and do the negotiatons. Any people milling about in the store are extras.

The "phony" aspect about the negotiations is that these guys really are wealthy TV stars now and not pawn brokers trying to make a living. They aren't negotiating for business, they are negotiating for the TV drama.

Al Bundy 01-25-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Nahhh only the ones that live in your gated community.

DaneMcCloud 01-25-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 9351668)
Nahhh only the ones that live in your gated community.

I don't live in a gated community.

:p

It's always odd to me that people envision the Hollywood Hills, Silverlake, Los Feliz and Beverly Hills as "Gated".

Now some of the homes, on the other hand...

Al Bundy 01-25-2013 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9351811)
I don't live in a gated community.

:p

It's always odd to me that people envision the Hollywood Hills, Silverlake, Los Feliz and Beverly Hills as "Gated".

Now some of the homes, on the other hand...

Haha.