ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ***The Official Chiefs OTA's Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283829)

Mr_Tomahawk 05-21-2014 09:51 AM

***The Official Chiefs OTA's Thread***

Might as well get this started since we are within a week of it beginning.

OTA offseason workouts: May 27-29, June 3-5, June 10-13
Mandatory minicamp: June 17-19

Feel free to post Chiefs camp updates here.

https://twitter.com/ChiefsCamp/lists/kcc

In58men 05-21-2014 09:54 AM

Rookie minicamps this weekend breh

Mr_Tomahawk 05-24-2014 03:38 PM

@TerezPaylor: #Chiefs OLB Dee Ford said he is well aware his new number (55) is Derrick Thomas’ old college number.

@TerezPaylor: From what I can tell, fifth-round QB Aaron Murray competed in every drill. Did not seem restricted in any way.

@HerbieTeope: OLB Dee Ford’s first play in team drills was an interception off Aaron Murray. Ford later abused OT Laurent Duvernay-Tardif on a swim move.

@TerezPaylor: On 1 play, CB Phillip Gaines was playing press coverage on Dressler, flipped his hips, turned and ran with him vertically and got the pick

@TerezPaylor: Oh, and how can I forget. BYU safety Daniel Sorensen had two interceptions, both off deflections, I believe. He runs well for his size.

@Jacobs71: Phillips Gaines wingspan and arm length standout immediately. Impressed with his positioning and ball tracking skills.

@Jacobs71: Aaron Murray participated in the practice. He did boots and rollouts so I'm not worried about his knee.

OldSchool 05-24-2014 03:48 PM

Sounds good and what I expected from Ford and Gaines. Pretty much what I expected from Murray too.

planetdoc 05-24-2014 03:49 PM

Sounds like Murray completed a lot of passes.....to the defense!

Ford and Gaines are going to be studs.

planetdoc 05-24-2014 03:51 PM

http://espn.go.com/blog/kansas-city-...at-rookie-camp

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam Teicher
Some quick observations from the opening practice of the Kansas City Chiefs' three-day rookie camp:

---Quarterback Aaron Murray, a fifth-round pick from Georgia, was a full participant. Murray wore a brace on his left knee but moved around well. He is only six month removed from surgery after tearing knee ligaments last fall. Murray's first pass was deflected and intercepted by linebacker Dee Ford, the first-round draft pick. Murray made some nice throws, none better than a fade pass that was caught down the left sideline by former Missouri receiver Jerrell Jackson. But he also threw a number of interceptions.

---Ford, of Auburn, signed his contract moments before the start of practice. All six draft picks are now signed and the Chiefs still have two months before the start of training camp.

---Fourth-round pick De'Anthony Thomas of Oregon lined up in a variety of spots, mostly as a running back. These three days of practices will be all Thomas can participate in until the mandatory minicamp in the middle of June. School is still in session at Oregon.

---Sixth-round offensive linemen Zach Fulton of Tennessee and Laurent Duvernday-Tardif were on the first-team offensive line, Fulton at right guard and Duvernay-Tardif at right tackle. Duvernay-Tardif jumped the snap count twice.

---A handful of veterans are participating in rookie camp. That list includes wide receivers Weston Dressler and Frankie Hammond Jr. and tight end Demetrius Harris.

OldSchool 05-24-2014 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by planetdoc (Post 10648716)

Yup, pretty much what I expected.

carcosa 05-24-2014 04:01 PM

Still excited about the Canadian. Dude could be one of the best value picks ever. You know, if he turns out to be great and all.

BigMeatballDave 05-24-2014 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 10648730)
Still excited about the Canadian. Dude could be one of the best value picks ever. You know, if he turns out to be great and all.

He likely has a better shot at waterboy.

bsroyals54 05-24-2014 04:14 PM

shit schedule this yr :(

milkman 05-24-2014 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by planetdoc (Post 10648716)

A rookie QB in a rookie camp with other rookies working in a complex offense that they are just being introduced to, struggling.

Who could have imagined such a thing?

Titty Meat 05-24-2014 04:40 PM

" With the flick of the wrist touchdown! Bray is a stud"

Nick Jacobs reports usually suck.

BlackHelicopters 05-24-2014 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 10648746)
He likely has a better shot at waterboy.

Trezelle Jenkins II

Mr_Tomahawk 05-24-2014 05:16 PM

Murray throwing picks as expected.

milkman 05-24-2014 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 10648830)
Murray throwing picks as expected.

Dumbass.