ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   is there a Dentist in the house? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=115688)

Mr. Laz 05-03-2005 01:07 PM

is there a Dentist in the house?

3 freakin' crowns?!??!?!?!?!?

they are saying that my old metal fillings are cracking my teeth and now i need to have all of them replaced with porcelain fillings. Some of the teeth are too cracked to just fix and i need to have 3 crowns.

$2000 bucks worth of crowns :cuss:

grab a mirror and check your mouths people ... if you have those grey metal amalgams fillings, you might wanna have them replaced. :deevee: :deevee:

Iowanian 05-03-2005 01:09 PM

I'm going to the dentist thursday, and fully expect to hear that I need 2-3 crowns and maybe a root canal from the same damn thing.

wait until they tell you, that on top of the crowns, they'll need to do 3 $600 root canals.

Its unbelievable the amount of money a person who brushes twice a day can spend on their grass grinders.

Kclee 05-03-2005 01:09 PM

I don't think you're suppose to bite down on the vibrator. Lesson learned?

Mr. Laz 05-03-2005 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian
I'm going to the dentist thursday, and fully expect to hear that I need 2-3 crowns and maybe a root canal from the same damn thing.

wait until they tell you, that on top of the crowns, they'll need to do 3 $600 root canals.

Its unbelievable the amount of money a person who brushes twice a day can spend on their grass grinders.

i guess all those old metal fillings only have a "tooth-life" of 8-10 years

after that they start causing damage themselves :banghead:

Iowanian 05-03-2005 01:13 PM

I had several metal fillings done through the years by a bad local dentist.

After college I started having trouble. since then, I've had every one of them replaced. I've got 2-3 I've been told will need crowns soon, and I think soon is here this week. Started bothering me a little over the weekend.

If they aren't done right, or get a chip and leak....eventually you're hosed.

Mr. Laz 05-03-2005 01:17 PM

Quote:

get a chip and leak....eventually you're hosed.

that's it ... label me hosed

i'm tempted to just have them replace the old fillings and wait until the cracked ones actually start hurting. My mouth doesn't hurt at all ... they just saw these during a cleaning.

Iowanian 05-03-2005 01:20 PM

mine don't hurt, but I can tell something is different...

I'd tell you to get them fixed now....putting it off only makes the damage worse, the holes they have to drill deeper, and could absess and cause mundo-hurto.

I'm not a dentist........but I have bought 2 of them houses I think.

Mr. Laz 05-03-2005 01:26 PM

Quote:

mine don't hurt, but I can tell something is different...

I'd tell you to get them fixed now....putting it off only makes the damage worse, the holes they have to drill deeper, and could absess and cause mundo-hurto.

I'm not a dentist........but I have bought 2 of them houses I think.

your prolly right...

i feel like i just took my car in for a simple oil change only to have them tell me i have a cracked block.

siberian khatru 05-03-2005 01:29 PM

I'm in the same boat, Laz. Need same kind of work on all four quadrants.

NewChief 05-03-2005 01:43 PM

I'm having a $1500 root canal done right now.

The cost is bad. What really hacks me off is the number of times I've had to go to have procedures done, though. I'm on my third appointment to get this crap done. There may be even more. They never let me know at the outset that it was going to be this drawn out of a procedure. I have to freaking take off work every time I have one of these things done, and I don't like taking off work for stupid medical appointments.

Another bad things is that most dental insurances cap out at around $2000 for the year, so if you're having a ton of procedures done, you might want to keep that in mind. Otherwise, you could be shelling out some serious dough once you pass the 2 grand limit.

Iowanian 05-03-2005 01:46 PM

If you'd stop crying they wouldn't have to postpone the proceedure.

beavis 05-03-2005 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief
I'm having a $1500 root canal done right now.

And you can still type? That's talent.

NewChief 05-03-2005 01:48 PM

Quote:

If you'd stop crying they wouldn't have to postpone the proceedure.

The last one took 2 hours. I about shit when, after being worked on for two hours, he said, "Well. I'm going to stop there. We're going to have to let those holes drain for a while before we do anything else".

NewChief 05-03-2005 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beavis
And you can still type? That's talent.

You'd be amazed at the high tech crap they have in dentist's offices these days.

Heh, seriously. The digital X-ray machine was pretty freaking sweet.

Jenny Gump 05-03-2005 01:56 PM

This is a conspiracy. The truth is, the government knows how to prevent dental problems, but won't tell us, so that the dentists and the people making the crowns and dental stuff can make millions off of us.

It's true. I know it is, because I made it up.