ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2013-2014 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread, Part 2 **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280658)

ArrowheadHawk 01-14-2014 08:54 AM

**** OFFICIAL 2013-2014 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread, Part 2 ****

#10 (23-8,14-4)

Players
Spoiler!

Non Conference
Spoiler!

Conference
Spoiler!

Big 12 Championship
3/13/2014 Texas Tech/Oklahoma State Kansas City, Mo. 2PM ESPN2

RockChalk 01-14-2014 08:56 AM

Suck my ****, ISU

That's how I wanted to get the new thread started

Buehler445 01-14-2014 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 10369253)
Suck my ****, ISU

That's how I wanted to get the new thread started

BOOOOOOOO

Mr. Plow 01-14-2014 09:03 AM

Yay!

Lzen 01-14-2014 09:26 AM

I propose that we continue to do game threads for games and leave this thread for general KU hoops talk. That way it should take much longer to get to 5k.

And it also helps that my game thread last night turned out to be a win. :) Too bad I didn't get a chance to participate during the game. Was hooping at the Y and was having so much fun that I didn't even get home and showered and had dinner until after 9. Thank goodness for the invention of the DVR.

Prison Bitch 01-14-2014 09:43 AM

Where's Rust at?

Chiefs Pantalones 01-14-2014 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10369322)
Where's Rust at?

He's still at Hilton booing.

Lzen 01-14-2014 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10369322)
Where's Rust at?

At home....under his blanky.....sobbing uncontrollably.

Reerun_KC 01-14-2014 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 10369437)
At home....under his blanky.....sobbing uncontrollably.

BOOOOOOOOOOOO

Kiimo 01-14-2014 11:36 AM

Now that Iowa State has been successfully shut the hell up and as unbelievably satisfying as that was...

Marcus Smart and OSU loom. We need to cut the turnovers down for that game and run them out of the gym. A victory in that game will make me start to believe...

TEN STRAIGHT

saphojunkie 01-14-2014 11:39 AM

If we beat OSU on saturday, you can bet I'll have ten straight.

Spoiler!

TLO 01-14-2014 01:20 PM

In!

TLO 01-14-2014 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 10369297)
I propose that we continue to do game threads for games and leave this thread for general KU hoops talk. That way it should take much longer to get to 5k.

And it also helps that my game thread last night turned out to be a win. :) Too bad I didn't get a chance to participate during the game. Was hooping at the Y and was having so much fun that I didn't even get home and showered and had dinner until after 9. Thank goodness for the invention of the DVR.

I second this idea. You availiable to start the game thread for Saturday?

saphojunkie 01-14-2014 01:22 PM

But I also think we should close the game threads like one hour after the game.

Pablo 01-14-2014 01:22 PM

Haha. Man, that win last night was pretty awesome considering how amped the arena was for our return.

The silence. Then the boos. More silence as we laid it on them. Then the boos. And more boos. And some boos. A few more boos. Silence. Boos. Boos. Boos. Silence.

I'm sure Rusty has a positive spin for this whole thing. He is ISU's KnowMo, after all.

Fansy the Famous Bard 01-14-2014 02:19 PM

Figured I'd leave these gems here from the previous thread (and game thread). This was the few weeks leading up to the game last night.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 10367623)
It's kind of nice being ranked #8, while Kansas is #15.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 10367632)
For the foreseeable future.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack
Last year is when we were live/die by the three. This year we are well rounded and can still win games if the three isn't falling. But all five guys on the floor are still a threat to shoot it, so it keeps the offense open.

Quote:

He's got a better roster every year. I can't help it you guys are stupid enough to think be topped out in three years.

Quote:

We're #8, and you're 15 btw

Quote:

Haha that caught my attention as well. But it's going to be that way as long as Fred stays in Ames. We are pretty good this year, but next years team is more talented. And everyone but one returns the next year after that.

Quote:

Iowa State will be in the Big12 championship mix every year going forward until Fred leaves for the NBA if that ever happens.

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfan987
KU is going to win in Ames. You guys are going to lose tomorrow @ OU as well. ISU is a good team but they are way overdue for a loss.
Lol are you serious? We are just getting better as the year goes on.

Quote:

Before the Baylor game I thought they were the hardest home game this year. So tall and athletic, even before the game the only missed like one shot from the three. I'm confident we don't lose at home this year... And shouldn't have last year either.

Quote:

You can't even beat Colorado. Good luck winning in Hilton.

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch
It's not very real when Kansas comes to town though. Then it turns into "Hilton Tragic"
Lol we'll see about that this year. I'm guessing the refs won't give you the game again this year. But since you already have three losses you'll need all the help you can get again.

Someone seems awfully silent today.

Reerun_KC 01-14-2014 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 10369940)
Figured I'd leave these gems here from the previous thread (and game thread). This was the few weeks leading up to the game last night.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Prison Bitch 01-14-2014 02:55 PM

Kansas 9-1 last decade at Hilton Tragic.

Ceej 01-14-2014 03:54 PM

Simple case of being able to dish it out, but can't take it being dished out to him.

saphojunkie 01-14-2014 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 10369940)

Hilton Magic - 10 cans of Milwaukee's Best, two orders of cheese fries, and enough inferiority complex to power a small city.

Mr_Tomahawk 01-14-2014 04:02 PM

Iowa State is just not good at basketball.

bdj23 01-14-2014 04:10 PM

Boooooooooooo

KC_Connection 01-14-2014 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 10370136)
Iowa State is just not good at basketball.

But they're #8 and we're #15. Never forget.

KC_Connection 01-14-2014 04:56 PM

If you need a good laugh: http://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/mens-basketball/

This is apparently where the booers go after the game is over.

Lzen 01-14-2014 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Smoke (Post 10369809)
I second this idea. You availiable to start the game thread for Saturday?

I will do it. But if there's ever a time when it's getting close to game time and I forget to start one feel free to start it.

Lzen 01-14-2014 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10369813)
But I also think we should close the game threads like one hour after the game.

Uh ok. Why?

Al Czervik 01-14-2014 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10370247)

LOL....good catch KC....
I been reading there since last night....
Majority are tools but there are some level headed posters....
I like the posts that start off:

We didnt lose the game because of the officials....BUT..... LMAO

KC_Connection 01-14-2014 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Czervik (Post 10370260)
LOL....good catch KC....
I been reading there since last night....
Majority are tools but there are some level headed posters....
I like the posts that start off:

We didnt lose the game because of the officials....BUT..... LMAO

I was particularly amused by the several page debate about whether this play was a foul:

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/assets/3860...biiddenies.gif

saphojunkie 01-14-2014 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10370247)

Why is it so ****ing hard for teams to realize that they have no answer for Wiggins or Embiid that doesn't include just completely giving up on guarding someone else?

They keep pointing to last year as if we don't have five brand new starters, two of which could be the #1 overall draft pick this year.

It's just talent, people. we have more of it. End of story.

Prison Bitch 01-14-2014 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10370269)
I was particularly amused by the several page debate about whether this play was a foul:

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/assets/3860...biiddenies.gif

He was so angry at the foul, he didn't even bother to look over at the ref

saphojunkie 01-14-2014 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 10370259)
Uh ok. Why?

Just to bring the discussion back to the main thread. There are good, funny, insightful, amusing, and/or relevant comments made.

Besides... onto the next one. :thumb:

Lzen 01-14-2014 05:12 PM

Those are some great comments. Thanks for posting Rusty's wisdom. Chiefsfan987 called it.

saphojunkie 01-14-2014 05:27 PM

I'm moving on now from the Melvins.

Oklahoma State. It's time for some big boy basketball.

KC_Connection 01-14-2014 05:32 PM

In the last 9 years, KU's Big 12 road record (56-18) is better than all Big 12 teams at home but Texas (59-15). That's got to be Self's most remarkable accomplishment of all. I can't imagine any other major conference team in the NCAA would be even close to that kind of road record.

saphojunkie 01-14-2014 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10370308)
In the last 9 years, KU's Big 12 road record (56-18) is better than all Big 12 teams at home but Texas (59-15). That's got to be Self's most remarkable accomplishment of all. I can't imagine any other major conference team in the NCAA would be even close to that kind of road record.

I read that today and just... wow.

Bill Self, man. Everyone else is just fighting for second place.

Prison Bitch 01-14-2014 07:09 PM

Here's a stat I love: Oklahoma has a fine program with a winning record against all original Big 12 opponents except Kansas. Their record in Allen Fieldhouse? 7-44.

Bearcat 01-14-2014 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10370308)

And what, 8 losses at AFH? How many losses have Chiefs fans seen at Arrowhead in that time? Sporting fans? (Royals fans, har har). And half of those were in his first 3 years.

I remember the feeling I had when they first hired him, and if I could go back in time, I'd punch myself in the throat.

Pablo 01-14-2014 07:42 PM

Yeah, we all know HCBS swings the gnarliest meat hammer in the B12.

Mr. Plow 01-14-2014 08:38 PM

Rustshack discusses the officiating

Quote:

I want to start this out by saying in no way were the officials the reason we lost. That being said it did have an impact. Also I didn't find a thread that this really fit in, and I know some people get mad when there are too many threads so if it is deemed it fits somewhere else then move it.

The officiating last night was pretty bad and if you don't think so then there are two reasons. Number one you don't understand basketball and number two you think it makes you superior because you don't criticize the officials. I have seen a decent amount of comments about the booing and such. I will start this off by talking about last year. If you don't think that last years game gave us the right to at least expect a fair game if not a favorable (getting the benefit of the doubt on 50/50 calls) then I don't know what to tell you. I would have been fine with an even game as long as Kansas didn't get obvious calls in their favor. Now why was the booing not fair. It was in response to Kansas calls and that should have been expected after last year.

The next thing I want to get to is Embiid. I want to start of by saying he is a freak and will be a great player in the NBA. I don't think there has been a better player in college since Durant. That being said he has a temper. The first flagrant call should have been a flagrant two. This is especially true since he got thrown out of the last game for a flagrant two. I don't get how you can forearm someone in the face and at the same time throw someone to the floor and only get a flagrant 1. There was also another play latter in the game where he poked someone in the face. I don't know if they looked at it or not, but due to the fact that he has a history of flagrant fouls in the last two I think that would be a flagrant 1. The next part about his game is that he is very physical. I don't think there were major problems with that but there were a few that I thought he should have been called for specifically the Sportscenter Top Ten play one. You can't watch that and say it was clean. It was an awesome block but that doesn't mean it wasn't a foul too. The last thing about his game which he will need to change to be successful at the next level is when he does his post moves I would guess the percentage is about 50% on the number of times he hooks around the defender. I know that others like Niang will get away with it some, but Embiid is obvious about it and it should be called.

I want to add a question for those that watched the game on tv. People have talked about the flagrant foul that the officials didn't want shown. My roommate said this was a different time then the flagrant on Embiid. He said it was on Wiggins. I was wondering which is the case as that was not shown.

Now we can get into the ticky tack stuff that you always have. I think Kansas got the benefit of the doubt more but maybe not. The one call that stands out of me was the one where Morris was called even though he couldn't play any better defense. Now we can debate these forever but we will never agree on those so I will leave it at that.

Now it comes to rebounding. I noticed it and talked about it after Oklahoma, but seeing it in person last night confirmed it. We will get position on box outs but are forced to go up one handed because we have to keep from being pushed completely out of the way by our opponents. This leads to the ball becoming a hot potato and allows the opponent to get the rebound or tip it out to a teammate. I don't expect this to always be called but it does need to be called sometimes. This is also where a lot of the complaining about the officials comes from the players. They are getting absolutely mauled and the officials will talk to them about not pushing on the other players. It happened a couple of times. There was one specifically after a timeout where the official was talking to Hogue and they didn't listen at all to him. Then the whole team gets mad and frustrated because you can't do anything.

I know that Hoiberg works the officials and he has done it a lot more this year. That being said I don't know what he needs to do, but it isn't working. Maybe we need to pull a Mangino or a Rhoads and call them out. It is utterly ridiculous that we are out physicalled and yet we can't play physical back.

I know this is a bit of a rant and such but it is beyond ridiculous. We can't always complain that it cost us the game. It didn't last night but that doesn't mean it wasn't bad. Think about it if the officiating was better we may have been able to play like absolute **** and still beat a Kansas team that played almost perfect minus the turnovers. That is why I am confident we are still a great team.

Buehler445 01-14-2014 08:46 PM

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Is that really Rusty or is that someone else? I couldn't find this post on the link.

Mr. Plow 01-14-2014 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10370642)
ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

Is that really Rusty or is that someone else? I couldn't find this post on the link.

I'm hoping it's not actually him, but who really knows. That post was the OP of the thread.

Ceej 01-14-2014 08:51 PM

That ISU fan doesn't understand college basketball.

One of the more dumb fanbases in America.

ROYC75 01-14-2014 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 10369297)

Your moment in the starlight is duly noted.:)

Reerun_KC 01-14-2014 09:08 PM

Boooooooo

Mr. Plow 01-14-2014 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 10370653)
That ISU fan doesn't understand college basketball.

One of the more dumb fanbases in America.

Go to bed.

Reerun_KC 01-14-2014 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10370672)
Go to bed.

Okay mother

DJay23 01-14-2014 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10370637)

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

Ceej 01-15-2014 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 10370672)
Go to bed.

Grow some hair.

Mr. Plow 01-15-2014 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 10370932)
Grow some hair.

No.

Braincase 01-15-2014 08:17 AM

Check out the Arkansas put-back dunk to win in OT versus Kentucky. Nice shot, kid!
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/70jyhe3Fb68" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Prison Bitch 01-15-2014 09:09 AM

College basketball MUST do something about these idiotic endings. The guy did a slam to win it at the buzzer. game freakin over. We don't need a conference for 5 min to determine 0.2 seconds remained where Kentucky could throw the ball up into the scoreboard, get it stuck, then have Arky throw it in. Ruined an epic finish. Seriously, enough with these stupid 0.2 seconds left rulings!

Bearcat 01-15-2014 09:10 AM

Quote:

Iowa State gets everybody's A++++++++ game, which just happens to include 24 turnovers and below average shooting, but really good 3 point defense.

Lzen 01-15-2014 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 10370540)
And what, 8 losses at AFH? How many losses have Chiefs fans seen at Arrowhead in that time? Sporting fans? (Royals fans, har har). And half of those were in his first 3 years.

I remember the feeling I had when they first hired him, and if I could go back in time, I'd punch myself in the throat.

If I could go back in time I'd punch you in the throat, too.

:D

Lzen 01-15-2014 09:21 AM

Quote:

Wow. :shake:

Lzen 01-15-2014 09:23 AM

I've been wondering about one incident in that game. Do you guys remember when somebody (Niang?) hit Tharpe in the eye and Tharpe had to stop dribbling. They let him take a few seconds and then they let KU inbound again. I don't recall them looking at the monitors to see if it was a flagrant. Why didn't they? And did they even call it a foul?

ROYC75 01-15-2014 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 10370997)
Check out the Arkansas put-back dunk to win in OT versus Kentucky. Nice shot, kid!
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/70jyhe3Fb68" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Good game, just that Ky didn't do the one thing I teach my kids, you have to box out the lane in a game like this, no put backs!

Kid had an open lane to the basket.

Bearcat 01-15-2014 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 10371076)
If I could go back in time I'd punch you in the throat, too.

:D

I didn't know! :deevee:

And for that, I blame Roy.

Pablo 01-15-2014 09:41 AM

The best news about the ISU win is we won't have to see Clone articles and tweets posted in the KU Repository for a couple of weeks.

Buehler445 01-15-2014 09:52 AM

Nice backside box UK!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 10371093)
I've been wondering about one incident in that game. Do you guys remember when somebody (Niang?) hit Tharpe in the eye and Tharpe had to stop dribbling. They let him take a few seconds and then they let KU inbound again. I don't recall them looking at the monitors to see if it was a flagrant. Why didn't they? And did they even call it a foul?

There was another one where a kid chucked Perry I believe out of the way of a rebound or something I thought should be reviewed also. There was some discussion about it in the game thread.

Reerun_KC 01-15-2014 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10371126)
Nice backside box UK!

There was another one where a kid chucked Perry I believe out of the way of a rebound or something I thought should be reviewed also. There was some discussion about it in the game thread.

Refs were by far out of their league in that game, they let the Booo'ing Queers get to them and they chocked on a big ol chili dog...

KC_Connection 01-15-2014 10:50 AM

Quote:

Only reason was because the game was at Hilton. Wasn't any kind of surprise, but it was even more one sided than usual. To an almost ridiculous extent.

DJay23 01-15-2014 11:29 AM

Quote:

I wondered that in the game thread. Niang was called for the foul and then picked up a foul playing half court D right away. I thought any time a player is hit in the head they were supposed to review it. At least that's the way it's been treated in KU's games this season.

The other play where Perry got a rebound and appeared to be thrown to the ground...I don't know, I think he was falling back into the guy and he actually helped Perry to the ground rather than dropping him. That's what it seemed like to me. He had him kind of awkwardly around the neck though which made it look worse than it was.

excessive 01-15-2014 01:22 PM

I thought this was interesting.

CAMPUS CORNER
More about KU's alternate basketball jerseys
January 14
BY RUSTIN DODD
The Kansas City Star

LAWRENCE — So what's the deal with Kansas' recent run of throwback uniforms? That was a popular question on Monday night as No. 15 Kansas took down No. 8 Iowa State 77-70 in Ames.

For the second straight game, the Jayhawks wore an alternate uniform, this time a road grey uniform with a white "Kansas" in circus font on the front. Just two days earlier, KU wore a cream-colored alternate jersey with a cursive "Jayhawks" on the front.

They are the latest alternate jersey released by Adidas, KU’s uniform supplier, and KU officials say the Jayhawks will wear them intermittently through next season. It's not the first time Kansas has worn alternate jerseys. You might remember those Zubaz inspired shorts and tops from last season. Last June, Kansas renewed its partnership with Adidas through 2019, signing a six-year extension worth in excess of $26 million.

"We decided in late summer that we would have two more uniforms to wear throughout the year,&" KU coach Bill Self said. "Although a little different in color, both are definitely traditional from the fonts used in past going back several decades. We're excited about it. We'll be rotating the uniforms throughout the rest of the season."

On his radio show on Tuesday night, Self added that you might see the alternates even more than previously expected. Self said KU's current uniform design was his least favorite since he arrived at KU and he hoped to wear the alternates as much as possible.

One interesting thing about the road greys: The jerseys appear to have pinstripes, but the stripes are actually a series of words about the KU program:

According to KU, the stripes read: "Pay Heed. The game you love began here. Respect those who came before you. Make their legacy your own. Because destiny favors the dedicated. And rings don't replace work. In this game you don't get what you want. You get what you earn. We are Kansas. Together we rise. Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

So that's the deal with the new uniforms. So far, Kansas is a perfect 2-0 in the new threads. Maybe we'll see them even more.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2014/01/14...#storylink=cpy

Lzen 01-15-2014 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excessive (Post 10371576)
According to KU, the stripes read: "Pay Heed. The game you love began here. Respect those who came before you. Make their legacy your own. Because destiny favors the dedicated. And rings don't replace work. In this game you don't get what you want. You get what you earn. We are Kansas. Together we rise. Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

That's fantastic! :thumb:

saphojunkie 01-15-2014 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 10371604)
That's fantastic! :thumb:

Yes it is.

:KU::KU::KU::KU::KU:

Buehler445 01-15-2014 01:40 PM

****ing awesome!

Reerun_KC 01-15-2014 02:07 PM

In this game you don't get what you want, you get what you BOOOOOOOOO /Rusty and his Cronies.

Lzen 01-15-2014 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 10371680)
In this game you don't get what you want, you get what you BOOOOOOOOO /Rusty and his Cronies.

ROFL
Ok rerun we get it. You can stop the boo now.

Imon Yourside 01-15-2014 03:55 PM

I would like to BOOOO this thread but I just can't bring myself to do it....RCJHGKU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reerun_KC 01-15-2014 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 10371882)
ROFL
Ok rerun we get it. You can stop the boo now.

Okay..... :usa:

Bambi 01-15-2014 05:04 PM

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/15...0/802/g0kj.png

Titty Meat 01-15-2014 07:29 PM

Off topic since there is no college basketball thread.

Why the **** is every TCU game on the Big 12 network?

BWillie 01-15-2014 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 10372154)
Off topic since there is no college basketball thread.

Why the **** is every TCU game on the Big 12 network?

Because nobody knows what the Big 12 Network is, or that TCU has a basketball team.

Buehler445 01-15-2014 09:18 PM

FWIW, Baylor is getting BEAT DOWN 49-29 @ TT. 15 min left in the 2nd

Brianfo 01-15-2014 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10372302)
FWIW, Baylor is getting BEAT DOWN 49-29 @ TT. 15 min left in the 2nd

Baylor sucks. Clones proved that. Think it's KU, OSU, KState, and ISU. There will be some tough losses along the way, but those 4 teams make tourney. AM I wrong??

Buehler445 01-15-2014 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brianfo (Post 10372334)
Baylor sucks. Clones proved that. Think it's KU, OSU, KState, and ISU. There will be some tough losses along the way, but those 4 teams make tourney. AM I wrong??

As deep as the conference is, I'll be pretty upset if they only put 4 Big 12 teams in.

EDIT: And yeah, you're wrong. Baylor lost @ ISU. KU won @ ISU. Does that mean ISU sucks? No. It's just one game. Baylor is what they've been. Streaky. They'll play great basketball and follow it up with ass basketball. But they're not just a shit team.

Chiefspants 01-15-2014 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brianfo (Post 10372334)

5 Big 12 teams made the tournament in a much weaker conference last year.

Considering the elevated talent of this year's conference, I think we can sneak a 6th team in.

Pants 01-15-2014 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10372369)
As deep as the conference is, I'll be pretty upset if they only put 4 Big 12 teams in.

EDIT: And yeah, you're wrong. Baylor lost @ ISU. KU won @ ISU. Does that mean ISU sucks? No. It's just one game. Baylor is what they've been. Streaky. They'll play great basketball and follow it up with ass basketball. But they're not just a shit team.

Baylor has shit smeared underwear for a coach.

Braincase 01-15-2014 09:56 PM

Baylor at TT... WTF? LOL.

Buehler445 01-15-2014 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 10372384)
Baylor at TT... WTF? LOL.

Q :)

FWIW, this has been some bad basketball.