ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Prayer Request With over 2 million hectares of land burned so far... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=327279)

Nickhead 12-10-2019 11:37 PM

With over 2 million hectares of land burned so far...

1 Attachment(s)
and probably another 2 million before it's done, this will be the largest combined set of bush fires Australia has seen in modern times. Where we are at, the fires are set to reach our mountain ranges in the next three to four days. Me personally (and the fam) aren't necessarily in harms way as we live in the center of town, but the rural area's about to be affected will be in harms way severly. Just our bush fire that started in the Wollemi National Forest, is more than three times that of all the fires in California combined... this does not include any of the other fires currently burning.

This image is of our back yard. The town is about two miles in diameter, and you can only see about 100 yards away, if that.

Buehler445 12-10-2019 11:43 PM

Shit man. Stay safe. Fire is nothing to **** with. There was a fire around Johnson Kansas that was moving 42MPH. That’s horrifying.

I had a fire on a field once and the farm wasn’t right for 5 years.

FTR that is almost 5 million acres. Or 7500 square miles. That’s for real man.

SuperBowl4 12-10-2019 11:45 PM

Put another shrimp on the barbie mate:thumb:

Nickhead 12-10-2019 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 14649488)
Shit man. Stay safe. Fire is nothing to **** with. There was a fire around Johnson Kansas that was moving 42MPH. That’s horrifying.

I had a fire on a field once and the farm wasn’t right for 5 years.

FTR that is almost 5 million acres. Or 7500 square miles. That’s for real man.

this fire is larger than the Greater Sydney basin. The smoke is so bad in sydney from this fire alone that it's setting off fire alarms and spooking people. Some mass transit there has shut down as it's impossible to not choke people out on the buses and trains.

Nickhead 12-10-2019 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperBowl4 (Post 14649490)
Put another shrimp on the barbie mate:thumb:

no room on the grill with all the other animals being burnt to a crisp. kid you not, it literally smells like i have a roast on the smoker around here. imagine planting your face at the top of a smoke chimney and trying to breathe. it's 'almost' that bad, and will get worse in the next four days. one would imagine you will see almost everyone outside with different sorts of breathing apparatus' on.

Bugeater 12-11-2019 12:05 AM

Maybe you guys should like....ummm...put it out or something.

Gadzooks 12-11-2019 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 14649509)
Maybe you guys should like....ummm...put it out or something.

That's what I would do.

Nickhead 12-11-2019 12:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 14649511)
That's what I would do.

ROFL, one person wrote on the cities facebook 'what's the fires like in your town'

First repy:

Very Hot

This image is of rain radar. Problem is. It’s not rain.

Gadzooks 12-11-2019 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickhead (Post 14649518)
ROFL, one person wrote on the cities facebook 'what's the fires like in your town'

First repy:

Very Hot

Well the Aussies are known for blunt humor, stay safe.

You guys should get that Greta Thunberg kid in there. She can shame you out of your climate crisis.

BWillie 12-11-2019 12:46 AM

I would hide in the pouch of a marsupial until this all blows over.

Gadzooks 12-11-2019 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 14649531)
I would hide in the pouch of a marsupial until this all blows over.

You'd become a "Hot Pocket":
[IMG]https://i.redd.it/kpg3m3euwod11.png[/IMG]

Nickhead 12-11-2019 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 14649524)
Well the Aussies are known for blunt humor, stay safe.

You guys should get that Greta Thunberg kid in there. She can shame you out of your climate crisis.

the irony in your statement: for years every one has lobbied for controlled burns, but the greenies said nooooooo, it will kill a roo. so after 20 years or more, the region just becomes a powder keg (and 10000 roos die, 4000 koalas, and uncountable numbers of other animals). then when the fires erupt like now, they will claim global warming is the cause. it's like if instead of burning that pile of leaves every year, you are now forbidden to burn it, but have to still stack the leaves in the same pile. then twenty years later lightning strikes and you've now burnt your house down along with it :D

Gadzooks 12-11-2019 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickhead (Post 14649536)
the irony in your statement: for years every one has lobbied for controlled burns, but the greenies said nooooooo, it will kill a roo. so after 20 years or more, the region just becomes a powder keg (and 10000 roos die, 4000 koalas, and uncountable numbers of other animals). then when the fires erupt like now, they will claim global warming is the cause. it's like if instead of burning that pile of leaves every year, you are now forbidden to burn it, but have to still stack the leaves in the same pile. then twenty years later lightning strikes and you've now burnt your house down along with it :D

Why isn't this message being spread to the masses? (cause and current damage).
2 M hectares should at least get people to wake up. In my little bubble all I'm hearing is there's "fires in Australia". No one seems to give a shit.
From my menial understanding of Australia as a country, this is a big ****in' deal.

Nickhead 12-11-2019 02:23 AM

not that the threat is any less now by any means, but if you could see the radar info for the last four hours... it's amazing. it looked like the hour hand reversing directions from 6pm to 1pm like motion...

i use weatherzone.com.au ****ing brilliant, hey :thumb:

Rasputin 12-11-2019 03:14 AM

Hope it burns all snakes spiders and crocks and everything Australia is deadly for.

Just add fire to the country of death habitat.