ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Poilian says no QB worthy of #1. Chiefs can find one later (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270273)

htismaqe 02-22-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyFo18 (Post 9424970)
That's not true at all. He was the future of the Eagles in 2010. He started the first game and got hurt. Vick played weeks 2-4 and then they brought Kolb back in. He started until week 9, when he w againas then injured. Week 10 was the week Vick absolutely destroyed the Redskins, and then Vick never let go of the job.

Spare me the "he was never a franchise QB" because that was exactly what Philly had planned for him. He just got unlucky with injuries and the next guy up made the most of his opportunity. Just like Alex Smith/Kaepernick.

Vick never let go of the job because Kolb couldn't take it for his own.

It isn't AT ALL like Alex Smith/Kaepernick. Kolb has literally NOTHING to offer next to Colin Kaepernick.

Dumb, dumb, dumb.

htismaqe 02-22-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9424974)
They had just signed Flynn, which made them able to take a risk and see what happened.

IMO we don't exactly have that option right now

THIS

Sorter 02-22-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9424867)
So you think there will be 5/6 QBs taken in rd 1 ?

Wilson is the 6th rated QB.

Only by Mayock. LMAO If you really think that Wilson is worse than Landry Jones, I don't know what to tell you.

Wilson being available in R2 is a fantasy at best.

htismaqe 02-22-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 9424984)
I want a great QB in KC as bad as anyone.

That said, if the talent evaluations for this team show that these guys aren't top 10 talent, I'm OK taking another position with the #1. Honestly, in that case, if there isn't a #1QB, I hope they can trade down and pick up an extra 2nd or 1 next year.

No, I'm not True fan...I'm realistic.

Trading down isn't realistic.

If we, the Chiefs, who have a gaping ****ing hole at QB, don't want to draft a QB at #1, NOBODY is going to trade with us.

Our pick is not tradeable. For real.

RunKC 02-22-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9424977)
You're not paying attention you ****ing moron.

HOW MANY OTHER TEAMS HAD THE "PLAN" OF PICKING HIM?

It doesn't matter if you like a guy and have him circled on your board. Even Scott ****ing ***** does that. No team knows when a player "should" get drafted. If Schneider legitimately thought that Wilson was HIS QB and the guy that he HAD to get, he would have drafted him a lot earlier, because NOBODY ****ING KNOWS WHAT THE HELL IS GOING TO HAPPEN IN THE DRAFT.

I just ****ing SAID in my last post that Schneider liked Russell Wilson a lot. It was the other guys in the room who didn't want to take him with that pick. That's far from a consensus team plan to wait things out and take Wilson "where he belongs"

You can't be this dumb. :facepalm:

They do what smart teams do: get value and the QB.

It was no secret that Russell Wilson was getting a 3rd round grade due to his height. Hell some people thought Foles would be taken before him because of that issue.

Teams will know what round each player, especially a QB, will be slotted in on draft day.
Pretty clear that Schneider zoned in on the kid and knew his height would keep him out of the first 2 rounds.
Teams will know EVERYTHING about a QB if they need one. E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G.

Hog's Gone Fishin 02-22-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyFo18 (Post 9424898)
Ummmm. I don't think this is true. I've seen him as high as 1, as low as 4. And yes, I do think 4 QBs get drafted in the 1st round.

Unlock HQ Video HQ video delivered by Akamai
With the NFL Scouting Combine beginning on Feb. 23, Mike Mayock unveils the first of his position-by-position rankings for the 2013 NFL Draft.

Quarterback
1. Geno Smith, West Virginia
2. Matt Barkley, USC
3. Mike Glennon, NC State
4. Ryan Nassib, Syracuse
5. Landry Jones, Oklahoma

ChiefRocka 02-22-2013 09:46 AM

Just posted in another thread. Albert's back worse than initially thought after camp leaks said he passed his physical. As much as it would suck it may be the LT if this is true.

Frazod 02-22-2013 09:46 AM

Two more months of this bullshit. :facepalm:

Hog's Gone Fishin 02-22-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9424899)
Hog Farmer's gotta be on a troll kick ever since 2013 draft talk started. He's not normally this dumb.

You're dead wrong ! I'm normally this dumb!

OnTheWarpath15 02-22-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9424996)
Two more months of this bullshit. :facepalm:

Ignore it.

He's using the same information we've known and discussed for days.

Reid said Albert HAD a significant injury. Not HAS a significant injury.

Dude passed his physical. People are just stirring shit up.

siberian khatru 02-22-2013 09:51 AM

So explain to me how this works.

The Chiefs identify the best QB, and then expect he'll be there when they're picking in the 2nd (or even 3rd?) round? They're just going to sit there and laugh at the other teams picking other QBs ahead of them?

Or is it they're willing to settle for a not-the-best QB simply because the best one isn't worth No. 1 overall?

Iowanian 02-22-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9424989)
Trading down isn't realistic.

If we, the Chiefs, who have a gaping ****ing hole at QB, don't want to draft a QB at #1, NOBODY is going to trade with us.

Our pick is not tradeable. For real.

In that scenerio, if there are 10 players better than the best QB...take the best player.

I have no doubt when this shakes out, there will be at least 2 new Quarterbacks on this team, better than anything we saw on the field last year.

htismaqe 02-22-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefRocka (Post 9424994)
Just posted in another thread. Albert's back worse than initially thought after camp leaks said he passed his physical. As much as it would suck it may be the LT if this is true.

What you posted in the other thread is just more speculative bullshit.

Reid said Albert had a serious back INJURY. Singular.

There's absolutely no evidence that he has chronic, ongoing ISSUES with his back.

:facepalm:

RunKC 02-22-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9424978)
Carrington Harrison‏@cdotharrison

The Chiefs have requested an interview with EJ Manuel.

Darkhorse?

htismaqe 02-22-2013 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 9425009)
In that scenerio, if there are 10 players better than the best QB...take the best player.

There aren't 10 players better than the best QB, so again we're back to being "realistic".