ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Pre-Season 2018 Mock (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=309344)

kccrow 08-14-2017 05:57 PM

Pre-Season 2018 Mock
 
Assumptions:
Re-sign/tender/extend CB T. Mitchell, NT R. Nunez-Roches, DE J. Jenkins, K C. Santos, LB K. Pierre-Louis, LB R. Wilson, LB T. Smith, FB A. Sherman, QB T. Bray, CB P. Gaines
Chiefs trade Alex Smith for a 3rd rounder and a bag of cheetos.
Chiefs sign veteran backup QB.

2. Porter Gustin - EDGE - USC
Chiefs will need to replace T. Hali and they also have a contract situation looming for D. Ford. I have a feeling Gustin busts out this year, and he's already a great run defender.
3. T.J. Edwards - ILB - Wisconsin
Tough inside backer that plays well in the passing game. D.J. is likely out after 2017 and there isn't much on the burner.
3. DaeSean Hamilton - WR - Penn State
Get a sure-handed #3.
4. Ike Boettger - OT - Iowa
Gotta have a backup tackle, J. Reid is shit.
5. L.J. Scott - RB - Michigan State
Keep churning the stable. Scott is a workhorse.
6. Bijhon Jackson - NT - Arkansas
Depth behind Roches.
7. Spencer Smith - P - Memphis
Time to let Colquitt's salary walk away.

Edit: Had to remove second 7th rounder which was lost due to trading for Acker.

Direckshun 08-14-2017 06:50 PM

So RNR is your starting nose in 2018?

RealSNR 08-14-2017 10:45 PM

Holy Big 10 Batman

kccrow 08-15-2017 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 13013107)
So RNR is your starting nose in 2018?

yeah. I think he'll be ready by then.

kccrow 08-15-2017 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 13013844)
Holy Big 10 Batman

Can't draft too many Soft Entitled Chumps, you gotta have some tough, blue-collar guys on the team.

jjchieffan 08-20-2017 06:29 PM

Not being argumentative. But what is the point of a mock draft now? There are way too many variables ahead to see any of these picks come to fruition. A quarterback could come out of nowhere and shoot up the draft boards, while a current favorite could have a disappointing season and fall like a rock. That goes for any position really, just using that for an example. Then there is the Chiefs draft position. If we win the Superbowl and pick last in every round, then we will be targeting completely different players than if we are picking say in the middle of the round. Don't get me wrong. I love good football and draft discussion. But talking about next years draft before college or NFL seasons have began makes about as much sense to me as discussing who Hillary should name to the Supreme Court after Trump won the election. It's pointless discussion about something that will never happen.

kccrow 08-20-2017 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 13027485)
Not being argumentative. But what is the point of a mock draft now? There are way too many variables ahead to see any of these picks come to fruition. A quarterback could come out of nowhere and shoot up the draft boards, while a current favorite could have a disappointing season and fall like a rock. That goes for any position really, just using that for an example. Then there is the Chiefs draft position. If we win the Superbowl and pick last in every round, then we will be targeting completely different players than if we are picking say in the middle of the round. Don't get me wrong. I love good football and draft discussion. But talking about next years draft before college or NFL seasons have began makes about as much sense to me as discussing who Hillary should name to the Supreme Court after Trump won the election. It's pointless discussion about something that will never happen.

Then don't partake. Pretty simple.

Direckshun 08-21-2017 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 13027485)
Not being argumentative. But what is the point of a mock draft now? There are way too many variables ahead to see any of these picks come to fruition. A quarterback could come out of nowhere and shoot up the draft boards, while a current favorite could have a disappointing season and fall like a rock. That goes for any position really, just using that for an example. Then there is the Chiefs draft position. If we win the Superbowl and pick last in every round, then we will be targeting completely different players than if we are picking say in the middle of the round. Don't get me wrong. I love good football and draft discussion. But talking about next years draft before college or NFL seasons have began makes about as much sense to me as discussing who Hillary should name to the Supreme Court after Trump won the election. It's pointless discussion about something that will never happen.

Intellectual exercise, that's about it.

RunKC 08-21-2017 08:57 AM

Pass rusher and corner. Keep building the defense up.

BryanBusby 08-21-2017 03:06 PM

If they have a shot to get him, Marcell Frazier would be my top pick.

O.city 08-22-2017 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13028214)
Pass rusher and corner. Keep building the defense up.

Not a bad idea but if they have a chance to do it, I'd love to see them draft a big time wr. It's probably over kill though.

Corner and or another lber would be ideal though

DaneMcCloud 08-22-2017 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13030002)
Not a bad idea but if they have a chance to do it, I'd love to see them draft a big time wr. It's probably over kill though.

Corner and or another lber would be ideal though

OLB, CB, D-line, O-line, RB are the likely priorities, although, I must say that most of you guys way overrate the need for a cornerback.

The Chiefs were 7th in points allowed last year with massive injuries to the D-line and linebackers, along with Gaines, who was in and out of the lineup due to his knee. The Chiefs still won 12 games (and could have won 2 more with a little offensive help).

You're not going to have a Pro Bowler at every defensive position.

O.city 08-22-2017 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13030010)
OLB, CB, D-line, O-line, RB are the likely priorities, although, I must say that most of you guys way overrate the need for a cornerback.

The Chiefs were 7th in points allowed last year with massive injuries to the D-line and linebackers, along with Gaines, who was in and out of the lineup due to his knee. The Chiefs still won 12 games (and could have won 2 more with a little offensive help).

You're not going to have a Pro Bowler at every defensive position.

Hence why I think they need to try and up the offensive skill guys in the next couple years.

They had quite a few flukes last year as well. As usual in the NFL, they were a bounce or two from +or - 2 games. 14 and 2 or 10 and 6 .

Keeping their star defensive players healthy is gonna be a big thing this year

DaneMcCloud 08-22-2017 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13030015)
Hence why I think they need to try and up the offensive skill guys in the next couple years.

The thing is that it's pretty rare for wide receivers drafted early to make any kind of impact. There are far more 1st and 2nd round "misses" at WR than probably any other position.

If a "sure thing" like a Mike Evans fell into their lap, then sure, go for it.

But look at guys like Marquis Lee, Sammy Watkins, Jordan Matthews, Kelvin Benjamin, Cody Lattimer, Kevin White, Nelson Agholor, Breshad Perriman, Phillip Dorsett, DeVante Parker, Devin Smith, Dorial Green-Beckham, Devin Funchess, Jalen Strong, Corey Coleman, Will Fuller, Josh Docston, Laquon Treadwell, Braxton Miller and Leonte Caroo.

These guys were all 1st and 2nd rounders, going back to 2014, that have failed to live up to expectations.

I kind of prefer the Chiefs method of drafting rawer guys like Conley and coaching them up, as opposed to wasting a high draft pick on a receiver that fails to put up numbers even equal to Conley's second season.

O.city 08-22-2017 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 13030037)
The thing is that it's pretty rare for wide receivers drafted early to make any kind of impact. There are far more 1st and 2nd round "misses" at WR than probably any other position.

If a "sure thing" like a Mike Evans fell into their lap, then sure, go for it.

But look at guys like Marquis Lee, Sammy Watkins, Jordan Matthews, Kelvin Benjamin, Cody Lattimer, Kevin White, Nelson Agholor, Breshad Perriman, Phillip Dorsett, DeVante Parker, Devin Smith, Dorial Green-Beckham, Devin Funchess, Jalen Strong, Corey Coleman, Will Fuller, Josh Docston, Laquon Treadwell, Braxton Miller and Leonte Caroo.

These guys were all 1st and 2nd rounders, going back to 2014, that have failed to live up to expectations.

I kind of prefer the Chiefs method of drafting rawer guys like Conley and coaching them up, as opposed to wasting a high draft pick on a receiver that fails to put up numbers even equal to Conley's second season.

Drafting is essentially more about fit of the player in the system they're drafted too. So many draft "busts" just go into systems they don't necessarily fit into or to guys that aren't great at tailoring an offense to a guy.

Andy is great schematically for offensive skill guys in getting them open. In situations like Kelce where you get an super talent in that scheme he can take off. That's why I'd like to see them put a legit talent across from tyreek if the Conley thing doesn't work out.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.