ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Don Banks from SI on Chiefs Coaching/GM (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268090)

notorious 12-27-2012 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9244418)
realizing this is the first step to recovery
Posted via Mobile Device

What step is "Antifreeze"?

I might skip straight to it.

bevischief 12-27-2012 05:52 PM

If Peeholi stays I am done with following the Chiefs till he is gone.

bevischief 12-27-2012 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9244420)
What step is "Antifreeze"?

I might skip straight to it.

1st.

SAUTO 12-27-2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 9244421)
If Peeholi stays I am done with following the Chiefs till he is gone.

This is the antifreeze step
Posted via Mobile Device

notorious 12-27-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 9244423)
1st.

Bottoms up.

Brock 12-27-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9244373)
A lot of folks like to credit Arians, who is a good OC for sure. But Chuck Pagano orchestrated the Colts' emergence. Pagano drew up the plan for them and was the HC during OTA all the way through pre season.

Arians did a good job executing Pagano's marching orders during the season, but it wasn't his plan.

Silly.

Mr. Laz 12-27-2012 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9244399)
Which makes zero sense.

Haley was an abysmal head coach, and his failings only serve to accentuate the stupidity of Pioli for hiring him in the first place.

agree completely

Hiring Haley was Pioli's first and perhaps biggest mistake ... followed by his stubborn attitude about keeping Cassel.

It just snowballed into a gigantic pile of shit from there.

htismaqe 12-27-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 9244395)
I did. Now I challenge you to find/ READ ONE ARTICLE that affords definitive proof that Pioli is gone after the season. Until you find such stated facts -I'll hold on to my opnion that NOTHING is for certain yet. I'd love for you to be able to change my opinion.

I have talked to people that have seen it with their own eyes. Some of it has been posted here - like the fact that there were tubs and a two-wheel cart outside his office.

htismaqe 12-27-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 9244385)
how quickly forget all the reerun shit he did

he didn't move McCluster to running back because of Cassel
he didn't slam McCluster up the middle like a dam power back because of Cassel
he didn't decide whether to go for it on 4th down before our 3rd down play because of cassel
he didn't throw his challenge flag on reeruned play that gained us jack shit because of cassel
he didn't refuse to have an OC because of Cassel

Cassel was a major fail but Haley was an immature asshat

Haley better get a new job in arizona or something because he might not have a job next year in pittsburgh. imo.

people are fluffing Haley because it another way to lash out at Pioli

What was he supposed to do with McCluster? The dude sucks and should have never been drafted. That's on Pioli.

Mr. Laz 12-27-2012 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9244438)
What was he supposed to do with McCluster? The dude sucks and should have never been drafted. That's on Pioli.

changing ... deflecting ... spinning

besides McCluster because a productive slot receiver as soon as Haley got fired.

we add a decent QB and a speed receiver and he will be even more productive.

DMC was not worth a 2nd round pick(i hated it the moment it happened) but the reality is that todd Haley SUCKED as a head coach.

Pioli's mistakes doesn't absolve Haley from his ... it just adds another mistake to Pioli's list.

OCD about Pioli is just beyond stupid

NWTF 12-27-2012 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9244225)
That's the second source I've seen nationally that states that Pioli being fired isn't a sure thing. Sad.

I listen to sports radio all day at work. Seems the popular opinion Ive heard to date is Romeo and Cassell are gone, 100%. Pioli being gone is 50-50. Clark and Pioli are actually pretty close so the chance Pioli gets 1 more chance to get it right is pretty decent.

I personally think Pioli should be fired for his performance, or lack of, but the more I hear from football insiders thoughts on the subject I think it may be more likely he will be back. As far as the business side goes the Chiefs did ok.

BigMeatballDave 12-27-2012 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 9244433)
agree completely

Hiring Haley was Pioli's first and perhaps biggest mistake ... followed by his stubborn attitude about keeping Cassel.

It just snowballed into a gigantic pile of shit from there.

LMAO Haley was far from the biggest mistake. That is Cassel.

Had Scott gotten a real QB, Todd would still be the HC.

Easy 6 12-27-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWTF (Post 9244470)
I listen to sports radio all day at work. Seems the popular opinion Ive heard to date is Romeo and Cassell are gone, 100%. Pioli being gone is 50-50. Clark and Pioli are actually pretty close so the chance Pioli gets 1 more chance to get it right is pretty decent.

I personally think Pioli should be fired for his performance, or lack of, but the more I hear from football insiders thoughts on the subject I think it may be more likely he will be back. As far as the business side goes the Chiefs did ok.

But at the end of the day, pioli is the Grand Architect of this tornado of fail... if he doesnt get the axe, then no one should.

This all flowed down from the top like a spring river in the mountains... he's GOTTA go... Clark is burning piles of money like the Joker, otherwise.

If Clark isnt smart enough to see that, then God help us all.

jspchief 12-27-2012 06:36 PM

How can they keep Pioli? They aren't going to bring in a new HC for a GM with 1 year left under contract. So they extend Pioli after what he's done here?

The timing will never be better. Otherwise you just start a carousel of coaches blaming GMs and GMs blaming coaches.

The only conceivable way Pioli stays is if the rumors are true about him being extended last off season.

Bewbies 12-27-2012 06:39 PM

Dorsey please. Team him with Chip Kelly, draft Geno Smith. Pregnancy rate among Chiefs fans reaches baby boomer status.