ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football I'm calling it now: EJ Manuel will the #1 pick by the Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270305)

Frankie 02-23-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9428060)
You would be thoroughly impressed by a lollipop.

Manuel might be the least impressive quarterback at the combine. Take away his physique and you have a sloppy, stupid player that throws terrible passes. Everything about his game is knobby and ugly. Guess what? Wen your man is open for a split second on third and 8, no one cares if you look like The Rock with your shirt off. They care that you have zero accuracy.

Geno Smith has elegance when he throws. It's beautiful.

1- I think cannibal was being sarcastic.

2- I posted a set of stats for all the top QBs in this draft. Manuel's completion percentage and QB rating is 3rd among all of them. I watched him in the Senior bowl as well. He didn't look a lot like what you are saying. Granted it was just one game - and I'm not pimping E.J. Manuel - but the limited evidence that I have goes against your description.

suds79 02-23-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandusksuna (Post 9428062)
Do you honestly believe Manuel will be anything other than Jamarcus Russel bad in the league?

I think by all accounts EJ is a good dude where as Russel had a bad/lazy attitude.

Not comparable at all IMO.

Cannibal 02-23-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 9428077)
1- I think cannibal was being sarcastic.

I wasn't. I looked him up. Admittedly, it was a highlight video, so I only saw positives.

Chiefnj2 02-23-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9427951)
So you argue for EJ Manuel being among the top QBs in this class.

Link??

Chiefnj2 02-23-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9427954)
He doesn't actually have an opinion. He's just here to play Devil's Advocate.

Oh no, people don't agree with me that Geno is fabulous, wah, I'm going to leave the board for a year, again.

I have always given my opinion on players.

htismaqe 02-23-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9428119)
Oh no, people don't agree with me that Geno is fabulous, wah, I'm going to leave the board for a year, again.

ROFL

Too bad nobody knows what your actual opinions are because they're buried underneath dozens of posts of you ridiculing other people's opinions.

This has nothing to do with whether or not you agree with ME. This has everything to do with you being a miserable ****ing asshole.

RyFo18 02-23-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9427381)
I know this won't be popular, but I think this will be the guy that the Chiefs pick as their franchise QB. There are a couple of reasons for this: 1) I think mentally and in terms of leadership, this guy will knock it out of the park at the combine. This guy knows real adversity. This past year he played ball and kept his head in the game even though his mother was battling cancer. 2) He doesn't fold during big games. He is only the second college QB in history to win four straight bowl games. 3) He played in a pro-style offense while at FSU. 4) He has the measurables to be a truly franchise QB-- he can both pass and run (if needed) giving our O an added dimension we hadn't had in the past. 5) He isn't afraid of competition; he went to the senior bowl and wound up MVP. 6) The guy is tough as nails; he played with a broken leg during the 2011 Champs Sports Bowl Game in a Victory over Notre Dame.

Yeah, he has quite a few negatives, and a lot of you just flat out hate him--but given Dorsey's comments about how impressed he was with Russell Wilson's interview last year--I think Manuel will give a similar impression of his leadership and maturity to coaches this year.

Reid isn't afraid to take a QB that others rate lower than the consensus; McNabb was the 4th rated QB in his class when Andy drafted him.

While at this point I'd still rather have Geno, I'm prepping myself to like Manuel as I think he has a chnace to be the dark horse pick by the Chiefs. (And no, he won't be there in the second round; I think the senior bowl and the combine will really elevate his stock.)

http://handmakemyday.com/wp-content/...s-1024x799.jpg

Pasta Little Brioni 02-23-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9428119)

Dude, you know exactly what game you play on this board. It's ridiculous. EJ f'n Manual ROFL

Chiefnj2 02-23-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9428214)
ROFL

Too bad nobody knows what your actual opinions are because they're buried underneath dozens of posts of you ridiculing other people's opinions.

Geno Smith - Poor footwork. Good windup and release. Very good accuracy on his first reads up to 15 yards out. I haven't seem him drive the ball with authority in poor weather (Syracuse and Tex Tech). I think he gets nice air under his long ball, I was surprised his completion % over 20 yards is so bad. I think his numbers are inflated greatly by his system and YAC. I'm bothered by his pouting on the sideline when the offense is playing poorly. I don't think he is anything special under pressure as well as pocket presence. Hasn't shown the ability to play under center (that includes 2010 where every single highlight I've seen of him, he's in the shotgun). I'm okay with KC taking him at #1 although I think in most draft classes he isn't the first QB off the board.

Barkley - Best QB in the class from the time the huddle breaks until the ball is thrown. Lack of arm strength is a huge issue. Saw a lot of just missed INTs this year where defenders were able to jump the throw but had stone hands. I'd rather not have a Chad Pennington as my franchise QB.

That's the only two QBs I think could possibly go in the top 20.

Chiefnj2 02-23-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9428374)
Dude, you know exactly what game you play on this board. It's ridiculous. EJ f'n Manual ROFL

I never said EJ should be taken at #1. I took issue when a HUGE Geno supporter said EJ sucked because he can't throw deep. All I pointed out was that their downfield percentage over 20 yards was similar. Be consistent. If you hold it against EJ, hold it against Smith.

htismaqe 02-23-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9428379)
I never said EJ should be taken at #1. I took issue when a HUGE Geno supporter said EJ sucked because he can't throw deep. All I pointed out was that their downfield percentage over 20 yards was similar. Be consistent. If you hold it against EJ, hold it against Smith.

The number of attempts is VASTLY different.

Percentages don't mean jack shit in a vacuum.

SAUTO 02-23-2013 01:13 PM

Someone didn't see the splits of Geno's throws under pressure
Posted via Mobile Device

htismaqe 02-23-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9428394)
Someone didn't see the splits of Geno's throws under pressure
Posted via Mobile Device

The problem is that he's going on percentages.

Both guys threw beyond 10 yards roughly 25% of the time.

But when you look at their ATTEMPTS, Geno threw it more than 10 yards almost ONE HUNDRED more times in the last 2 years. He had 400 more pass attempts.

That's significant. VERY significant.

EJ Manuel had trouble moving the chains. That's a FACT.

SAUTO 02-23-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9428400)
The problem is that he's going on percentages.

Both guys threw beyond 10 yards roughly 25% of the time.

But when you look at their ATTEMPTS, Geno threw it more than 10 yards almost ONE HUNDRED more times in the last 2 years. He had 400 more pass attempts.

That's significant. VERY significant.

EJ Manuel had trouble moving the chains. That's a FACT.

I'm just talking about his cons and one was Geno isn't good under pressure

Edit:,I see what you are saying though
Posted via Mobile Device

htismaqe 02-23-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9428410)
I'm just talking about his cons and one was Geno isn't good under pressure

Edit:,I see what you are saying though
Posted via Mobile Device

Well, here's the thing.

This thread ISN'T ABOUT GENO.

It's about EJ Manuel.

But anytime you say anything critical about one of the QBs in the draft, the auto-answer is "well, Geno didn't..."

**** that. Yeah, I do like Geno. But that has absolutely NOTHING to do with my opinion on EJ ****ing Manuel.