ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Bobby Bell joins WPI's Out of Bounds Podcast (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=189342)

Hammock Parties 08-18-2008 11:23 PM

Bobby Bell joins WPI's Out of Bounds Podcast

http://kan.scout.com/2/780826.html

WARPAINT ILLUSTRATED’S WEEKLY OUT OF BOUNDS PODCAST FEATURES CHIEFS HALL OF FAMER BOBBY BELL.

Pro Football Hall of Fame LB Bobby Bell Adds Legendary Perspective to Chiefs 2008-2009 Season

Warpaint Illustrated is proud to announce the addition of Pro Football Hall of Fame linebacker Bobby Bell to its weekly Out of Bounds podcast. Bell will join Warpaint Illustrated Publisher Nick "The Erroneous One" Athan each Monday to add perspective on the Chiefs 2008-2009 season. Warpaint’s Out of Bounds podcast can be heard every evening at www.warpaintillustrated.com, beginning Monday, August 18 through the Super Bowl.

"This is a dream come true,” said Athan of Bell’s addition. “As a kid growing up in Kansas City I was blessed to be Bobby’s neighbor for a large part of my youth. He is one of the primary reasons I grew up a fan of the Chiefs. His addition to our team is just the continued evolution of Warpaint Illustrated.com and our desire to secure the best talent and content in covering the Kansas City Chiefs.”

Out of Bounds will be recorded via 101 the Fox KCFX - the Flagship Station of the Kansas City Chiefs. The show will allow fans to get to know Bobby Bell better and learn how he’s giving back to the fans through the Chiefs Fan Rewards program – www.chiefstravel.com. Bell is the official spokesperson. In addition, the show will include special appearances by Bell’s former teammates, other special NFL guests and, of course, analysis of the Chiefs wins and losses throughout the season.

“I’ve always had a special relationship with Kansas City Chiefs fans and joining the Out of Bounds team will be an extension of that relationship,” said Bell. “I look forward to providing perspective on what I am sure will be a great season of Chiefs football.”

About Bobby Bell

Bobby Bell became the first Chiefs player to be enshrined in the Pro Football Hall of Fame as a member of the Class of 1983. Some have called him the greatest outside linebacker to play the game. Throughout his career, Bell earned a spot in the AFL All-Star game, had nine Pro Bowl appearances and was named to the AFL’s all-time team. He starred on two AFL Championship teams and played in Super Bowls I and IV.

About Warpaint Illustrated

In 2006, Warpaint Illustrated.com began production of Out of Bounds, a one-hour podcast. Produced in conjunction with 101 the Fox KCFX - the Flagship Station of the Kansas City Chiefs - the show features a roundtable format designed to discuss the Kansas City Chiefs every Monday throughout the season. It has included NFL notables, Chiefs coaches and players. Out of Bounds continues to grow in audience and stature with tens of thousands of downloads each week. For more information, visit www.warpaintillustrated.com.

Media Contacts:

Warpaint Illustrated
Nick Athan
madgreek@kcnet.com

High Impact Marketing – Bobby Bell
Mark Molzen 602.614.7476
mark@himemail.com

Tribal Warfare 08-18-2008 11:30 PM

Why you lucky sons of a bitches

Phobia 08-18-2008 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claythan (Post 4926180)
“As a kid growing up in Kansas City I was blessed to be Bobby’s neighbor for a large part of my youth.

It wouldn't be much of a Nick "The Erroneous One" Athan column without that little tidbit in there. You let another one slip through, Clayton.

Bobby Bell is a great human being - an even better football player.... He's incredibly funny. He wasn't my neighbor or anything but I've enjoyed his company before. I don't think I'd break down any doors to hear him on the radio - or the internet.

For the record, this would be my response if Bobby had just signed on with 101 The Fox as well.

Tribal Warfare 08-18-2008 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 4926197)
I don't think I'd break down any doors to hear him on the radio - or the internet.

Dude!!!!!!!It's Bobby Bell I'd definitely listen to his comments and thoughts

FAX 08-18-2008 11:43 PM

This is fabulous news for you guys, Mr. GoChiefs. Even though I can kick his ass at Foosball with three of my little plastic men's little plastic hands tied behind their little plastic backs, Bell is one of the all time greats. As an NFL player and, of course, as a Chief. A violent, fast, hard-hitting, intelligent player. He'll bring a lot to WPI.

Congratulations.

FAX

Hammock Parties 08-18-2008 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 4926203)
This is fabulous news for you guys, Mr. GoChiefs. Even though I can kick his ass at Foosball with three of my little plastic men's little plastic hands tied behind their little plastic backs, Bell is one of the all time greats. As an NFL player and, of course, as a Chief. A violent, fast, hard-hitting, intelligent player. He'll bring a lot to WPI.

Congratulations.

FAX

I'm excited to meet him. I've never met any of the old-tyme Chiefs save Len Dawson. He sounds like a really cool guy who has bonded with the fans.

FAX 08-18-2008 11:47 PM

It's great for you guys, that's for sure, Mr. GoChiefs. Bobby Bell is an NFL icon. You should get him to autograph your buttocks, or something.

FAX

Hammock Parties 08-18-2008 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 4926208)
It's great for you guys, that's for sure, Mr. GoChiefs. Bobby Bell is an NFL icon. You should get him to autograph your buttocks, or something.

FAX

I would love to create a highlight video for Mr. Bell. It would be an honor.

FAX 08-18-2008 11:52 PM

That's a great idea. Do you have access to some of the old games? I know there are a couple of playoff games out there - and the SBs, of course. I'm certain he would love to see a highlight reel featuring that defense ... just one of the top 5 defenses to ever take the field in the NFL.

FAX

Hammock Parties 08-18-2008 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 4926215)
That's a great idea. Do you have access to some of the old games?

I bet the Chiefs do.

FAX 08-18-2008 11:54 PM

You should do it. As a welcome to the organization gift.

FAX

Hammock Parties 08-19-2008 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 4926218)
You should do it. As a welcome to the organization gift.

FAX

The Chiefs aren't about to provide me with access to their video archives.

FAX 08-19-2008 12:02 AM

Houston ... we have a problem.

Are there no other sources?

FAX

Hammock Parties 08-19-2008 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 4926228)
Houston ... we have a problem.

Are there no other sources?

FAX

NFL freakin' Films. I'll just give them a call.

Phobia 08-19-2008 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claythan (Post 4926230)
NFL freakin' Films. I'll just give them a call.

Yeah - save them some time tracking you down.