ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Misc Graphic Design (Digipaks). (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265027)

Micjones 10-12-2012 12:29 PM

Graphic Design (Digipaks).

Anyone ever done one? I'm a little nervous as this is the first time I've ever attempted one. The process is a bit different.

I came through in the clutch for a buddy last night. Took 5 hours, but we got it done.
This is only my 2nd CD layout, but it's very different from the first project I was hired for.

Just wanna know how smoothly the design transfers over.
Anyone ever had any trouble?

durtyrute 10-12-2012 12:54 PM

I've done the standard cd case, but not a digipak. Hell, I didn't even know what it was, I had to look it up.

Micjones 10-12-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by durtyrute (Post 9005431)
I've done the standard cd case, but not a digipak. Hell, I didn't even know what it was, I had to look it up.

I got the assurance from the printing house that it met their specs, but I'm still worried about how true-to-form they'll be.
Guess I'll find out in about 2 weeks.

Just kinda nerve-wrecking when you have a friend who relied upon you and paid you for the job. Ah well...I'll just be patient.

I should probably get more practice in with CD layouts.
I almost exclusively design flyers and posters.

durtyrute 10-12-2012 01:51 PM

Yea, I work at a printing company and there is always a huge chance that the output work look as good as what you created, but I guess that can be said about anything. How's the gig at AA going?

durtyrute 10-12-2012 02:02 PM

Man, you remind me of a more productive me, lol. We both rap positively,(or at least not negatively) we both enjoy writing, we both enjoy graphic design. Next you're going to get on here and say you've been messing around the Adobe After Effects.

Micjones 10-12-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by durtyrute (Post 9005561)
Yea, I work at a printing company and there is always a huge chance that the output work look as good as what you created, but I guess that can be said about anything. How's the gig at AA going?

It's interesting man. I'm enjoying it. Writing a weekly column on the Chiefs is rough though. Especially with so many other writers AND with such a bad team to cover.

How many times can you say "Cassel Sucks" or "Fire Pioli"?

Micjones 10-12-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by durtyrute (Post 9005589)
Man, you remind me of a more productive me, lol. We both rap positively,(or at least not negatively) we both enjoy writing, we both enjoy graphic design. Next you're going to get on here and say you've been messing around the Adobe After Effects.

Hip me to AAE. I'm curious.
I still need to upgrade from Photoshop CS2.
My guy was going to give me CS5.5 recently, but he kinda flaked on me.

durtyrute 10-12-2012 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 9005612)
Hip me to AAE. I'm curious.
I still need to upgrade from Photoshop CS2.
My guy was going to give me CS5.5 recently, but he kinda flaked on me.

I'm just getting into it, but it's motion graphics. Taking things you create in Photoshop, Illustrator, or whatever and making them move. Plus you can add music too.

Hey, I have the CS4 Master Suite if you are interested.

Micjones 10-12-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by durtyrute (Post 9005636)
I'm just getting into it, but it's motion graphics. Taking things you create in Photoshop, Illustrator, or whatever and making them move. Plus you can add music too.

Hey, I have the CS4 Master Suite if you are interested.

Hell's yeah I'm interested.
I'd probably have to find my own registration key though, huh?

durtyrute 10-12-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 9005603)
It's interesting man. I'm enjoying it. Writing a weekly column on the Chiefs is rough though. Especially with so many other writers AND with such a bad team to cover.

How many times can you say "Cassel Sucks" or "Fire Pioli"?

That explains the angles you have been taking with your pieces. I was wondering why you were going that route, now I understand.

durtyrute 10-12-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 9005638)
Hell's yeah I'm interested.
I'd probably have to find my own registration key though, huh?

It's kinda weird. It comes with the crack, but you have to enter a new serial number every time you use it.

Micjones 10-12-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by durtyrute (Post 9005641)
That explains the angles you have been taking with your pieces. I was wondering why you were going that route, now I understand.

I'm honestly just writing what I've been feeling lately.
Our articles are scheduled out in such a way that we all have time to see what the other writers have on their minds.

ghak99 10-12-2012 02:42 PM

The work I've done has mostly been DVD related and everything has transferred over pretty well, but most were not over the top pieces of work. If they provided you with a template/specs and are accurate with their work you should be fine.

One particular project had me really worried as I hated the way it came together and I was sure it was going to be off the wall weird when on the shelf and in hand... but the end result was exactly what the guy wanted so. :shrug:

Micjones 10-12-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by durtyrute (Post 9005645)
It's kinda weird. It comes with the crack, but you have to enter a new serial number every time you use it.

Seriously? My last cracked version of CS2 does that.
Asks for the registration everytime I open the program.

Let me check with my guy and see if I can get that CS5.5 from him.
If not, I'll be in touch.

durtyrute 10-12-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 9005704)
Seriously? My last cracked version of CS2 does that.
Asks for the registration everytime I open the program.

Let me check with my guy and see if I can get that CS5.5 from him.
If not, I'll be in touch.

Let me know