ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Teen girl kills herself after taunting from Internet trolls (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267599)

bevischief 12-13-2012 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 9203664)
reading the replies just confirms why these kinds of things happen to young adults.

Yep.

BIG_DADDY 12-13-2012 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9204027)
You're a man. You're going to view it like that. Think about what every young lady wants in high school vs what every young guy wants in a social setting.

A guy wants to be perceived as tough and women want the popularity etc.

Seems to me the most embarrassing times in high school are the ones that made me look weak (looking back now, not so much) because they hit what was important to me.

Believe you me I get the whole social status dealio when it comes to women. Getting physically beat down on a regular basis still has to be worse IMO. THis still comes down to parenting either way. Boundaries, a healthy self-esteem and even learning how to deal with social dynamics are all things they can learn from parents who are actually active in their life.

WhiteWhale 12-13-2012 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY (Post 9202751)
IMO the parents are to blame way more than anyone else. We have all seen the bullying process but nobody was offing themself. It was real bullying too not words on a friggen computer.

Please describe 'real bullying'.

InChiefsHeaven 12-13-2012 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 9204390)
I think there are less now, per capita, especially since things like that were swept under the rug back then.

I'm not going to look up the data, but you seriously think that the amount of teenage pregnancy and STD's and such was MORE back than than it is now? Since we're just talking opinions here, I have to respectfully disagree. yes, things were not talked about and pushed under the rug, but I'd say in an era of permissiveness and acceptance, it just stands to reason that this type of thing is much more prevalent now than back in the 50's.

Just my opinion.

HolyHat 12-13-2012 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9202333)
I have to wonder why she kept logging back onto it.

This :thumb:

stevenidol 12-13-2012 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY (Post 9204449)
Believe you me I get the whole social status dealio when it comes to women. Getting physically beat down on a regular basis still has to be worse IMO. THis still comes down to parenting either way. Boundaries, a healthy self-esteem and even learning how to deal with social dynamics are all things they can learn from parents who are actually active in their life.

Emotional abuse has far greater impact on human psyche than physical, especially at a young age when their coping mechanisms are not established.

Pushead2 12-13-2012 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9203104)
Actually, napping until 2013 sounds like a great idea. ****. I'm old.

I'm young and that sounds great.

BIG_DADDY 12-13-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenidol (Post 9204569)
Emotional abuse has far greater impact on human psyche than physical, especially at a young age when their coping mechanisms are not established.

Once again establishing boundaries is a job the P's should have been working on. I am not saying it's not bullying, I just believe that adding the physical component make it worse. To say emotional abuse is far greater is ridiculous. It's not like physical abuse comes without the emotional bullying component. To imply that is ridiculous.

Saulbadguy 12-13-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 9204558)
I'm not going to look up the data, but you seriously think that the amount of teenage pregnancy and STD's and such was MORE back than than it is now? Since we're just talking opinions here, I have to respectfully disagree. yes, things were not talked about and pushed under the rug, but I'd say in an era of permissiveness and acceptance, it just stands to reason that this type of thing is much more prevalent now than back in the 50's.

Just my opinion.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/0...orded-History#

Quote:

A new study published by the CDC show that teen pregnancy levels have dropped to the lowest level since they began recording data back in the 1940s. But, that is a general statistic, an average of all the states.
Who knows how accurate it is, but I don't have a hard time believing it.

Acceptance and permissiveness has lead to education and awareness.

FAX 12-13-2012 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 9204834)

That is actually a very peculiar statistic. It kind of sounds like one of those deals where you have to drill down into the data to reveal what is really happening. Maybe the overall pregnancy rate is down due to the prevalence of government-sponsored birth control or something.

FAX

Rausch 12-13-2012 01:07 PM

Anyone else remember the days when there were real bullies?

You'd start walking home and some guy 2x your size would just ****ing beat the $#it out of you?

Now THAT sucked...

crazycoffey 12-13-2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9205072)

You'd start walking home and some guy 2x your size would just ****ing beat the $#it out of you?

Now THAT sucked...

Now days the bullies do your math homework for you, do it wrong on purpose. The humanity....

FAX 12-13-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9205072)

Now THAT sucked...

It was nothing like medieval times, though, Mr. Rausch.

Back then, you could be innocently purchasing a chicken from the local chicken vendor and the next thing you know a gang of thugs in green, pointy hats have you spread eagle on a Spanish Donkey with a hot iron shoved up your ass.

FAX

Rausch 12-13-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 9205154)
It was nothing like medieval times, though, Mr. Rausch.

Back then, you could be innocently purchasing a chicken from the local chicken vendor and the next thing you know a gang of thugs in green, pointy hats have you spread eagle on a Spanish Donkey with a hot iron shoved up your ass.

FAX

Yet, somehow, you made it through...

FAX 12-13-2012 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9205160)
Yet, somehow, you made it through...

It's about 80% mental.

FAX

|Zach| 12-13-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 9204558)
I'm not going to look up the data, blah blah blah

And in another thread...

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 9202070)
I haven't read all that stuff nor do I intend to. My guess is

You love not knowing things before you talk about them.

Rausch 12-13-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 9205162)
It's about 80% mental.

FAX

LMAO

And I thought I had you there...

InChiefsHeaven 12-13-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9205169)
And in another thread...

You love not knowing things before you talk about them.

Point taken. But sometimes I just want to offer a general opinion. And yeah, I'm getting tired of arguing. I admit that it's not the smartest time for me to be posting.

Sorry.

listopencil 12-13-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 9204834)

I have read the article. I have looked at the charts. I have studied the statistics. I have come to a conclusion. Given that I had a vasectomy done after my last kid was born, I should be out having sex with chubby, poor, uneducated, Republican teen girls. For the good of the country. Go ahead and line them up. For America.