ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Stick or Automatic? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=143060)

Nightwish 06-30-2006 10:25 PM

Stick or Automatic?

Do you prefer a stickshift, or an automatic?

I own one of each. I find that when I'm driving around steep, hilly areas, I really prefer the stickshift (plus they tend to last longer with less maintenance). But when I get stuck in those endless traffic jams, I really prefer the automatic. My clutch foot gets pretty sore and worn out after a good, long bumper-to-bumper traffic jam. And the automatic makes it lots easier to use my cellphone. But the stick is just plain more fun.

What do you prefer?

Moooo 06-30-2006 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightwish
Do you prefer a stickshift, or an automatic?

I own one of each. I find that when I'm driving around steep, hilly areas, I really prefer the stickshift (plus they tend to last longer with less maintenance). But when I get stuck in those endless traffic jams, I really prefer the automatic. My clutch foot gets pretty sore and worn out after a good, long bumper-to-bumper traffic jam. And the automatic makes it lots easier to use my cellphone. But the stick is just plain more fun.

What do you prefer?

I like standards... They are more efficient.

Moooo

chefsos 06-30-2006 10:53 PM

The last time I regularly drove an automatic, Joe Montana and Steve Young were still trading dirty looks in the 49er locker room.

And even then, that was really my wife's car, after we'd passed down my (manual, of course) Bronco to our daughter. So, I haven't actually bought an automatic since... jeez, I guess '79.

I get really bored driving an automatic.

NJ Chief Fan 06-30-2006 11:29 PM

i prefer stick, but i have no idea how to do it no one wants to teach me farkers

chefsos 06-30-2006 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJ Chief Fan
i prefer stick, but i have no idea how to do it no one wants to teach me farkers

Just do what I did at 18:

1) Get a night job at a garage
2) Take the boss's tow truck for a few joyrides in the nearby parking lot after he goes home for the day
3) While you learn, ruin his clutch instead of your own

Moooo 06-30-2006 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chefsos

2) Take the boss's tow truck for a few joyrides in the nearby parking lot after he goes home for the day

If you can drive a towtruck... you can drive any standard with only 4 wheels.

Moooo

NJ Chief Fan 06-30-2006 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chefsos

ROFL

i might try that

greg63 07-01-2006 12:27 AM

I voted Gaz, but I'm an automatic all the way; just too lazy. :D

Spicy McHaggis 07-01-2006 12:31 AM

Stick, unless you commute in ungodly traffic every day. I like being in control of when the engine shifts.

jAZ 07-01-2006 12:34 AM

I used to prefer sticks... but since I got my Maxima with an automatic... I'm ok with either.

stevieray 07-01-2006 01:35 AM

3 on the tree

Rausch 07-01-2006 01:41 AM

Stick of course...

el borracho 07-01-2006 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray
3 on the tree

Oh, man, I had a root beer brown '73 Chevy 1/2 ton conversion van with three on the tree and a 350 that would actually chirp second! I wish I still had that van :deevee:

sedated 07-01-2006 01:59 AM

stick. more entertaining

Moooo 07-01-2006 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho
Oh, man, I had a root beer brown '73 Chevy 1/2 ton conversion van with three on the tree and a 350 that would actually chirp second! I wish I still had that van :deevee:

I had a 66 Fairlane that was a 3 on the tree. It was run down and just a 4-door and 289, but aaah memories.

Moooo