ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Music I banned Taylor Swift today (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=262434)

JD10367 08-15-2012 06:35 PM

I read "I banged Taylor Swift today" and thought, "Lucky bastard! I'd come here and brag about it, too!"

ChiefMojo 08-15-2012 06:35 PM

Good for you as she is NOT country!!!! She has a few songs that could fall for country but as a whole she is 100 percent pop!

I really like Carrie Underwood but her new song isn't country either... But admit I do like that song.

Dr. Johnny Fever 08-15-2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 8820653)
The Planet has the worst ****ing taste of music.

Yeah. I program modern country radio even though I'm not a fan of most modern country music. That little point doesn't matter though because I program to the audience and not myself. If I were programming any kind of station based on what I like that station would fail miserably. But if you're a CP member you're not allowed to ever like anything that's ever been on the radio. It's quite funny.

Reerun_KC 08-15-2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 8820642)
She is a good role model, but talented she is not. Other than marketing herself.

Your right other than marketing herself writing all of her own songs, songs for others an choreographing all of her shows she has no talent.

ChiefMojo 08-15-2012 06:38 PM

She can't sing and don't even argue with me and say she can!!!!

She is very good at marketing herself and writing but again she CAN'T sing!!!

Dr. Johnny Fever 08-15-2012 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefMojo (Post 8820665)
Good for you as she is NOT country!!!! She has a few songs that could fall for country but as a whole she is 100 percent pop!

I really like Carrie Underwood but her new song isn't country either... But admit I do like that song.

There are about 5 current artists that really do country music these days. If Taylor being a pop artist was the criteria we'd drop 90% of our playlist.

If you like country music then listen to Chris Young, Easton Corbin, Greg Bates, David Nail and some "oldies" like George Strait and Alan Jackson.

kcxiv 08-15-2012 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Literature (Post 8820569)
I bet it would be popular if you banned Justin Beiber. He seems to generate a lot of hate.

No idea why he gets hate from guys i really dont. He's living a life that every male would LOVE to life. Young, rich, and have a pick from any chick he wants. I dont know about anyone else, but that was a dream of mine. Still is, except for the young part. haha

ChiefMojo 08-15-2012 06:42 PM

Dr. that is who I like in modern country... Even though Alan Jackson/George Strait are traditional ("oldies")country as a whole.

Reerun_KC 08-15-2012 06:44 PM

Chris young is.good.

Dr. Johnny Fever 08-15-2012 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 8820664)
I read "I banged Taylor Swift today" and thought, "Lucky bastard! I'd come here and brag about it, too!"

I would do her... as long as she promised to sing "Tim McGraw" the whole time.

Reerun_KC 08-15-2012 06:45 PM

Still a huge Jason aldean and Luke Bryan fan.

morphius 08-15-2012 06:46 PM

I once got a survey call about radio stations, within days the radio station in question was my favorite radio station ever! It was great while it lasted, but sadly they learned that I really shouldn't be trusted with my musical opinion.

Dr. Johnny Fever 08-15-2012 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefMojo (Post 8820685)
Dr. that is who I like in modern country... Even though Alan Jackson/George Strait are traditional ("oldies")country as a whole.

I'm not sure what you're saying here. If you like Taylor that's fine. My station plays all her songs except her new one.

ChiefsCountry 08-15-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8820676)
There are about 5 current artists that really do country music these days. If Taylor being a pop artist was the criteria we'd drop 90% of our playlist.

If you like country music then listen to Chris Young, Easton Corbin, Greg Bates, David Nail and some "oldies" like George Strait and Alan Jackson.

Every decade of country music has had its tradtional artists, more pop sounding, and outlaw country. Country music has been changing from day one and it cracks me up when you here how country has changed to more pop sound when it has always been like that.

Dr. Johnny Fever 08-15-2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 8820699)
Still a huge Jason aldean and Luke Bryan fan.

I like one song between the two of them. "Laughed Until We Cried" by Jason Aldean. OK "The Truth" is pretty good too. If you like any country you should post your songs in the country music repository thread. Everything is welcome there.