ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Manning Could Smell It, We Couldn't (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265227)

The Rick 10-16-2012 09:22 AM

Manning Could Smell It, We Couldn't

This may be a repost...I don't really care.

As I was watching Manning and Denver last night come back to beat San Diego, I couldn't help but think about one thing: we were all blind and Manning knew exactly what he was doing when he wouldn't give the Chiefs organization the time of day during the offseason.

We went on and on during the offseason about how dumb Manning would be not to come here with all of our talent. We talked about how we'd instantly be Super Bowl contenders if he would just sign with us.

Maybe we would be Super Bowl contenders if he had signed, but it would be in spite of our front office and coaching staff and not because of it.

Manning saw the stench from a mile away and steered clear. Yet like hog farmers, we'd gotten so used to the smell that we didn't know any better. Our nostrils have been opened now though and we've come to realize, it really does stink around here.

jd1020 10-16-2012 09:24 AM

Hmmm... I'm not sure how if Manning were here because the FO signed him in FA that we would be SB contenders in spite of our FO.

The Rick 10-16-2012 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9019895)
Hmmm... I'm not sure how if Manning were here because the FO signed him in FA that we would be SB contenders in spite of our FO.

My point is that Pioli signing Manning wouldn't necessarily make up for all the other stuff: bad drafts, all the ego stuff, etc. Short-term success isn't necessarily indicative of a well run organization.

Graystoke 10-16-2012 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rick (Post 9019903)
My point is that PioLLLLLi signing Manning wouldn't necessarily make up for all the other stuff: bad drafts, all the ego stuff, etc. Short-term success isn't necessarily indicative of a well run organization.

It is if the result is a Superbowl visit

HemiEd 10-16-2012 09:34 AM

I imagine the word is out in the NFL fraternity of players about the environment that Pioli has created in KC.

jd1020 10-16-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 9019921)
I imagine the word is out in the NFL fraternity of players about the environment that PioLLLLLi has created in KC.

Guess it's a good thing we have an owner that tries as hard as possible to distance himself from the NFL.

HemiEd 10-16-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 9019921)
I imagine the word is out in the NFL fraternity of players about the environment that PioLLLLLi has created in KC.

In fact most of the draftabulators pretty much called it, from the get go, but I couldn't see it through my rose colored glasses.

BlackHelicopters 10-16-2012 09:37 AM

One Arrowhead Way is beginning to rival Jacksonville as the toxic waste dump of the NFL.

HemiEd 10-16-2012 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9019927)
Guess it's a good thing we have an owner that tries as hard as possible to distance himself from the NFL.

We shall see, we have a fairly small sample size so far.

I keep waffling between him letting them do their jobs, and being too far removed from the scene.

He jumped in and hired the guy that was supposed to be the best. He paid Herm off to get him out, he got rid of King Carl. In fact, I think he has paid for a lot of screw ups so far, just thinking about the OCs that didn't last.

But if he doesn't get heavily involved here pretty soon, it will be damming. And who knows, he might be heavily involved behind the scenes already.

jd1020 10-16-2012 09:44 AM

I would think there would be some sort of change with the team that fans could see if he were involved behind the scenes. The team is run by PioLLLLLi and its been the same shit since he came in. Build the roster around a brokedick QB and hire ex-Patriots to "coach."

There is absolutely no reason to not fire Crennel, today. We lose nothing by removing that clueless buffoon from the team. But I bet he's here through week 17.

TEX 10-16-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9019932)
One Arrowhead Way is beginning to rival Jacksonville as the toxic waste dump of the NFL.

It's worse. Tha Jags have won in the playoffs more recently than 19 years.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-16-2012 10:23 AM

Still a reerun for passing on the Niners. Wouldn't have to overcome those kinds of deficits out there.

REDHOTGTO 10-16-2012 03:02 PM

pigs stink?----- hogfarmer

WV 10-16-2012 03:05 PM

And I hate him even more for being right.

kushed god 10-16-2012 03:17 PM

Manning just hated KC and Pioli. He's always disrespected the chiefs, he grew up hating them cause of his pops.