ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs In Driver's Seat -Need for A QB Leads Suitors To Go After Chiefs' No. 1 Pick (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271578)

B14ckmon 03-29-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCDC (Post 9538188)
What people "say" and what they do ultimately are two different things. The six weeks leading up to the draft are just full of deception.

BUF's link to Nassib sounds alot like Jimmy Clausen's link to the Chiefs because we had Charlie Weiss as OC. We passed on him in both rounds before the Panthers took him.

Matt Flynn was "defiinitely" going to Miami because his old OC was there. Didn't happen. I don't believe the Nassib nonsense at all. No one thinks he is a top 10 talent. No, they need to get the #1 QB in the worst way, but will pretend to express interest in other QBs or picking some defensive guy.

Same with ARZ. yeah, their HC says they are perfectly happy starting Drew Stanton and you believe that crap? That's like him saying he is perfectly content with being fired next year.

Didn't even read your whole post. The first thing I saw was Matt Flynn to Miami and I immediately realized you are ****ing dumb.

houstonwhodat 03-29-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9538176)
i was just giving you crap bro. I loved the pick of reggie when you got him. I also loved drew brees signing with you guys.......just messing.

i do agree with you on the coach thing. A LOT. Hence why i get so frustrated when people belittle how much jim harbaugh helped alex smith.....

Hey that's cool.

If you remember in that draft class there weren't any real stellar QB's available. I don't count Vince Young as one.

I loved Reggie when the Saints drafted him. Still a fan wherever he goes.

Reggie is one of those guys that can be a game changer, just like an elite QB.

I remember one game he almost had 3 returns for TD's. Not sure if he is an every down running back like he wants to be, but in returns he is dangerous.

Not Dante Hall like but still dangerous.

But I'm telling you the head coach is a major part of that successful puzzle.

Look at what happened to the Saints last year without Sean Payton. They had too many distractions, were not disciplined and couldn't get it together.

I hope Andy Reid has that effect on whoever he chooses as your QB.

I think he would do a lot better with Chase Daniel than he did with Vick.

crazycoffey 03-29-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9538170)
i dont know, i think there is a better chance of them killing someone if they realized week one they would be starting terrell pryor.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9538173)
Basically. Most raiders fans aren't even considering Geno a real possibility. The latest poll on Silver and Black had Letting Pryor take the start far in the lead with getting Matt Flynn in second;

http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2...ing-qb-in-2013

Chiefsplanet has jumped the shark

KCDC 03-29-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9538199)
Didn't even read your whole post. The first thing I saw was Matt Flynn to Miami and I immediately realized you are ****ing dumb.

You need to read a post before responding to it fool. I was talking about something called "history." It is a subject that you likely failed in school.

B14ckmon 03-29-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCDC (Post 9538226)
You need to read a post before responding to it fool. I was talking about something called "history." It is a subject that you likely failed in school.

Done. I get your point.

Still no chance Bills or Cardinals trade up for Geno. So you wasted server hard drive space somewhere.

Halfcan 03-29-2013 12:47 PM

Last night on Sports Center- they had Geno going to the faders= Jordon #2 and us taking Luke- for what that is worth?

They also said Chiefs had the 4th best Offseason- Seatle was #1 because that got harvin-lol

We changed the Entire culture of our football team- if we had done Nothing else but get rid of Pioli- would still be 100% better. lol

ptlyon 03-29-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 9538277)
Last night on Sports Center- they had Geno going to the faders= Jordon #2 and us taking Luke- for what that is worth?

It's worth shit Halfcan, but thanks for reporting it anyway :)

OrtonsPiercedTaint 03-29-2013 01:34 PM

Ponder and Gabbert are not setting the NFL on fire. Who would be their QBs if they hadn't drafted them? Known garbage instead of the unknown. Take the chance and dance.

HemiEd 03-29-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9538091)
Qb is not a need for the chiefs this year

Go **** yourself and die in a ****ing fire, then shut the **** up and get the **** out.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-29-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9538091)
no, you have the LUXURY of drafting a qb if you want. Qb is not a need for the chiefs this year. Alex Smith is a serviceable albeit, non exciting option. And you never draft for NEED. you draft BPA. Thats how teams stay great.....

Niether Alice or Chase are legitimate, long-term answers. There is, in fact, a need.
Posted via Mobile Device

Psyko Tek 03-29-2013 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9538026)
the ability to drop only two spots, pick up extra picks, and still get the player you want? That would have to be considered.

with the raiders?
I can't see this working out well

Mav 03-29-2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9538204)
Hey that's cool.

If you remember in that draft class there weren't any real stellar QB's available. I don't count Vince Young as one.

I loved Reggie when the Saints drafted him. Still a fan wherever he goes.

Reggie is one of those guys that can be a game changer, just like an elite QB.

I remember one game he almost had 3 returns for TD's. Not sure if he is an every down running back like he wants to be, but in returns he is dangerous.

Not Dante Hall like but still dangerous.

But I'm telling you the head coach is a major part of that successful puzzle.

Look at what happened to the Saints last year without Sean Payton. They had too many distractions, were not disciplined and couldn't get it together.

I hope Andy Reid has that effect on whoever he chooses as your QB.

I think he would do a lot better with Chase Daniel than he did with Vick.

I liked cutler the most in the draft then, I like him now. Just a pity that chicago will never get him an oline......

But yes, you are absolutely right.....

By the way, i think andy will have a positive affect on alex smith as well.

Mav 03-29-2013 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 9538685)
Go **** yourself and die in a ****ing fire, then shut the **** up and get the **** out.

Truth hurt there baby man?

Mav 03-29-2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9538824)
Niether Alice or Chase are legitimate, long-term answers. There is, in fact, a need.
Posted via Mobile Device

It is a WIN now league, on a team that is trying to WIN this year. There is no need to draft a qb first overrall if you already spent your second on a qb that they deem as more than serviceable. You do not honestly know what andy reid and dorsey view alex smith as because he is only 28 years old. The only way, you take a qb in the first round this year 1.1 is if you deem him the franchise savior. Right wrong, or indifferent. I hope you do get your qb. I hope they think he is all you think he is. No one deserves to win more than chiefs fans.....Im not being a dick either. Just being honest.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-29-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9539418)
It is a WIN now league, on a team that is trying to WIN this year. There is no need to draft a qb first overrall if you already spent your second on a qb that they deem as more than serviceable. You do not honestly know what andy reid and dorsey view alex smith as because he is only 28 years old. The only way, you take a qb in the first round this year 1.1 is if you deem him the franchise savior. Right wrong, or indifferent. I hope you do get your qb. I hope they think he is all you think he is. No one deserves to win more than chiefs fans.....Im not being a dick either. Just being honest.

Daniel, on his best day, is no franchise saivor. Alex, on his worst day, could quickly end up on IR. The key to long-term stability and growth is simply not present. There is enough core and FA talent to justify using the one/one to luxuriously hedge the bet at QB should Reid and Dorsey deem that course of action the best way to go.
Posted via Mobile Device