ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Random Draft Thoughts (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280191)

Sorter 01-03-2014 03:37 AM

Random Draft Thoughts

Finally got to sit down and watch some video of a few prospects.

I watched this:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/WYd29xlmc04" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Interestingly, both of Bortles picks came on good decisions (in theory). The first was a skinny post against Cover 3 (far roll). Corner jumped the route but that's a concept and decision that usually wins there. Bonus points, Bortles looked off the far safety.

The second pick came against Tampa 2 (ermahgerd, it's not totally useless) and once again, Bortles looked off the safety to the wide side of the field. However, he didn't put enough on the through and it was picked.

Decent performance when not watching it in full; UCF's playcaller was definitely on the money in the first half with their calls against South Carolina's Cover 3.

I'd only seen him against Louisville and haven't re-watched it. Not a bad performance against a team with talent and NFL concepts defensively.

McBeard 01-03-2014 06:49 AM

He's taller but his game reminds me of Russell Wilson when he came out. He can move around in the pocket, he can scramble and run for first down, he's got a good arm and he has come back in a lot of games like Wilson did at Wisconsin. He could go top 10.

Sorter 01-04-2014 12:33 AM

Bob, I wouldn't let the people who run the draft forum know you're back.

rico 01-04-2014 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 10334555)
Bob, I wouldn't let the people who run the draft forum know you're back.

:)

bsp4444 01-05-2014 09:52 AM

I see a lot of poor decisions...that doesn't bode well for the NFL.

mszymko 01-15-2014 09:53 AM

Here's a random thought for ya... Do you think it is possible that we franchise tag Albert and trade him for a 1st round pick come draft day?

The Franchise 01-15-2014 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mszymko (Post 10371129)
Here's a random thought for ya... Do you think it is possible that we franchise tag Albert and trade him for a 1st round pick come draft day?

ROFL

The Franchise 01-15-2014 10:18 AM

Let me expand on that ROFL

1. His franchise tag would be over $10 million. Even if we wanted to....we don't have the room for it.

2. No one would trade for him last season. Now they're going to give up a 1st? Teams know that we can't afford to tag him. They can just wait and give him a contract instead of giving up a pick AND a contract.

jd1020 01-15-2014 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10371165)
2. No one would trade for him last season. Now they're going to give up a 1st? Teams know that we can't afford to tag him. They can just wait and give him a contract instead of giving up a pick AND a contract.

Well, it was also pretty well publicized that the 49ers weren't going to keep Alex last year but that didn't stop them from getting well above market value.

Where the **** is another Chiefs when you need one.

KCFaninSEA 01-15-2014 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 10371745)
Well, it was also pretty well publicized that the 49ers weren't going to keep Alex last year but that didn't stop them from getting well above market value.

Where the **** is another Chiefs when you need one.

Alex had/has a contract. Brandon is not.

philfree 01-23-2014 08:56 PM

This draft seems really deep. There's going to be a good player at a position of need available when we pick at #23 but my question is. Who are the Blue Chip talents? How deep do they run in this draft?