ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Mock (4/4/13) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271766)

Hoover 04-05-2013 08:23 AM

If we were able to do that the Alex Smith trade and letting Albert walk would all make sense. Lets hope this is what draft weekend will look like.

Dave Lane 04-05-2013 10:36 AM

Alex Smith backed up by Stanzi?

Are you kidding and don't even get started on that midget with 6 passes under his belt in 4 years.

He was undrafted, cut 5 times by 2 different teams and he's the backup to Alex Smith going down and people are OK with this?

Mr. Flopnuts 04-06-2013 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9559014)
Alex Smith backed up by Stanzi?

Are you kidding and don't even get started on that midget with 6 passes under his belt in 4 years.

He was undrafted, cut 5 times by 2 different teams and he's the backup to Alex Smith going down and people are OK with this?

Love him or hate him, he was signed to very good backup QB money. Not just backup, but very good backup. ****ing crazy to me, but it is what it is.

Mr. Flopnuts 04-06-2013 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9558413)
This is the first mock I have :thumb: this year. :clap:

you have finally tapped into your conservative common sense here:p

Take that shit to DC! Oh, wait...

KCFaninSEA 04-06-2013 08:04 AM

I believe Jordan will be the best player coming out of this draft. Whether Albert is traded or not, if the Chiefs take him 1.1 or anywhere else, I would be happy as a pig in shit. Tamba's best years are behind him, IMO and an outside pass rush of the future containing Jordan and Houston is very appealing.

Mr. Flopnuts 04-06-2013 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCFaninSEA (Post 9561025)
I believe Jordan will be the best player coming out of this draft. Whether Albert is traded or not, if the Chiefs take him 1.1 or anywhere else, I would be happy as a pig in shit. Tamba's best years are behind him, IMO and an outside pass rush of the future containing Jordan and Houston is very appealing.

I agree. If we can't have Geno, give me Dion. You and I have both seen plenty of Pac-12 football to know how special that kid is. He is going to be a superstar.

Direckshun 04-06-2013 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9561007)
Take that shit to DC! Oh, wait...

LMAO

Saccopoo 04-06-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9561030)
I agree. If we can't have Geno, give me Dion. You and I have both seen plenty of Pac-12 football to know how special that kid is. He is going to be a superstar.

Eh...he had a good junior year, but when teams started keying on him his senior year his production dropped off.

He's a talent from a physical perspective, but he's very lean and long and he's not going to be able to take on tackles and even tight ends at the next level as effectively as he did in college. He was good in coverage but, as I stated, his production in getting into the backfield last season dropped.

You are also talking about a guy who originally signed with the Ducks as a wide receiver prospect.

Personally, as a 34 OLB, I'd rather have a guy like Alex Okafor at the top of the second (if we had that pick), or even better, John Simon, Chase Thomas or Jamie Collins in the third. The guy is going to be backing up Hali and Houston. I'm not really thrilled about spending a top overall selection on a backup that is more potential than actual production that's not at the QB position where a year or two would go a long way in development.

There is always guys like Jordan, Mingo and Ansah in every draft - athletic guys with high ceilings but not the huge production numbers in college.

Direckshun 04-06-2013 10:38 AM

There's always guys like this draft has in every draft.

This class doesn't really have rare, physical specimens that are near impossible to duplicate.

The two it does have -- Jordan and Ansah -- have zero college production.

Several others -- Lane Johnson, Margus Hunt -- are no guarantees at the next level, either.

It's a tough year to have the #1, no doubt.

Saccopoo 04-06-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9561279)
There's always guys like this draft has in every draft.

This class doesn't really have rare, physical specimens that are near impossible to duplicate.

The two it does have -- Jordan and Ansah -- have zero college production.

Several others -- Lane Johnson, Margus Hunt -- are no guarantees at the next level, either.

It's a tough year to have the #1, no doubt.

No, it's not.

http://thesmackzone.files.wordpress....geno-smith.jpg

It's the best and easiest pick the Chiefs have had in decades.

And the Alex Smith signing wouldn't deter me from selecting Geno. At all.

Smith is a stop gap. And when Reid said he was going to get Alex Smith into the Hall of Fame, I'm sure he didn't mean it as a player. Smith is going to learn a lot from Reid from a coaching perspective the next couple of years as well as being a transition to the Geno period.

RunKC 04-06-2013 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9561373)
No, it's not.

http://thesmackzone.files.wordpress....geno-smith.jpg

It's the best and easiest pick the Chiefs have had in decades.

And the Alex Smith signing wouldn't deter me from selecting Geno. At all.

Smith is a stop gap. And when Reid said he was going to get Alex Smith into the Hall of Fame, I'm sure he didn't mean it as a player. Smith is going to learn a lot from Reid from a coaching perspective the next couple of years as well as being a transition to the Geno period.

Everything we've seen says the complete opposite about Geno, not just from us, but from every QB needy team in the top 10.

mszymko 04-07-2013 10:25 PM

Love your mock and although I'm a fan of the Kawann Short pick I would prefer to see us keep Albert and solidify that line with your Fluker pick. I feel that the benefits of completing our OL would outweigh adding depth to our DL considering our lack of offense last year and Reid's pass happy system. If your draft included us picking up a solid RT, say Andre Smith or Tyson Clabo, in FA then I love the pick and I'm with yah!

Also I have the crazy notion that If we take Dion Jordan we can fit him in as SILB or move one of our OLB inside. He is supposed to be exceptionally versatile with great coverage skills and Todd McShay mentioned he had the ability to move inside. That would free up your Kiko pick to take either Baccarri Rambo at FS, Tyrion Mathieu to play the nickel or possibly Landry Jones two contend for our #2 QB spot.

Loved your mock!