ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Croyle throws off of his back foot on occasion. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=168042)

Coogs 08-19-2007 09:20 AM

Croyle throws off of his back foot on occasion.

I have heard/read several people bashing on Croyle for throwing off of his back foot. I just got done watching SPORTSCENTER run highlights of some of last nights pre-season games. And guess what? Favre threw at TD pass off his back foot. So did Garcia. And Hasselback threw a pass off his backfoot as well. Looks like Croyle is in some good company IMO.

Hootie 08-19-2007 09:22 AM

I don't want Croyle to be anything like this-decade Favre...ah thank you

Coogs 08-19-2007 09:24 AM

More NFL highlights are on... Leinart just threw 2 TD passes... on of which was off of his back foot. :cuss:

milkman 08-19-2007 09:24 AM

I agree with you on Favre, but I think Coogs' point is that almost all QBs throw off their back foot at times, even a weak armed Garcia.

Coogs 08-19-2007 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman
I agree with you on Favre, but I think Coogs' point is that almost all QBs throw off their back foot at times, even a weak armed Garcia.

Yep!

Hootie 08-19-2007 09:33 AM

Quote:

Yeah, I know...

but that INT he threw last game was atrocious...

When he threw it, it looked as if he was uber excited - like the entire defense fell down or something. I was extremely confused when I saw the results of the play seconds later.

milkman 08-19-2007 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie
Yeah, I know...

but that INT he threw last game was atrocious...

When he threw it, it looked as if he was uber excited - like the entire defense fell down or something. I was extremely confused when I saw the results of the play seconds later.

I didn't get a chance to see the game, so I can't comment.

I just hope it's another "rookie" mistake, and that he learned from it, whatever that mistake might have been.

I'm willing to live with a few of those this season.

Hootie 08-19-2007 09:44 AM

Quote:

I didn't get a chance to see the game, so I can't comment.

I just hope it's another "rookie" mistake, and that he learned from it, whatever that mistake might have been.

I'm willing to live with a few of those this season.

So am I...

Seems like a humble kid...I can definitely see him being a good QB down the road.

HypnotizedMonkey 08-19-2007 09:53 AM

Croyle is good at sticking the ball to receivers.. can't trust our guys to go up and fight for anything (hopefully Bowe will inspire some ferocity?!)

Gotta fire the rope!!!

milkman 08-19-2007 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HypnotizedMonkey
Croyle is good at sticking the ball to receivers.. can't trust our guys to go up and fight for anything (hopefully Bowe will inspire some ferocity?!)

Gotta fire the rope!!!

Actually, the receivers made some spectacular catches on some poorly thrown balls by Huard last season.

I never knew they had it in them.

Coach 08-19-2007 10:08 AM

I know Brodie threw that pass on his back foot, but it was also underthrown big time, IMHO. If he had put some more force on it, it would most likely hit the WR with the DB in very tight coverage.

suds79 08-19-2007 10:09 AM

This is an interesting thread because I think the throwing off the back foot gripe is overrated.

Yes you would like for your QB to have picture perfect mechanics every single time but that's just not realistic. Not when guys are crashing around you. A good QB has got to be able to deliver the ball when he's a little off balance.

My main gripe with Croyle isn't the back foot thing. It's just the decision he makes from time to time.

But I fully expect that from a young QB and I'm willing to live through it while he learns.

ROYC75 08-19-2007 10:10 AM

All QB's do it from time to time...... Sometimes they get away with it and at times they don't.

Extra Point 08-19-2007 10:14 AM

Funny. That sport they call baseball. They have a player called a pitcher. Those pitchers throw off which foot, to get their power?

blueballs 08-19-2007 10:15 AM

no one complains about him throwing
one over the middle and getting Samie hurt