ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Johnny Manziel taking only online classes at Texas A&M (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270207)

Bob Dole 02-20-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9418295)
My main concern is the ability to just have someone else take the class for you, if you're doing a purely online course. I realize that this is already possible in having someone else do all your out-of-class work, but an online course makes it even easier.

It's called multi-factor authentication. The Blackboard LMS has a number of ways this can be accomplished. BioSig-ID is relatively easy to implement via Building Block component. It looks like The CB is probably going to make it mandatory within the next 2 years, anyway.

Bob Dole 02-20-2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9418353)
Now he can get automatic As and he doesn't even have to go to class now

Seriously. The Texas A&M University System isn't Kaplan College... You can check the CS campus' Reaffirmation of Accreditation at http://provost.tamu.edu/initiatives/...-accreditation if you would like. Online courses are held to the same rigorous standards as face-to-face courses.

silver5liter 02-20-2013 02:07 PM

Hes going to be the next leinart, bank on it. He will party his way out of the league real quick.

NewChief 03-25-2013 08:20 AM

This guy is destined for epic flameout. Sorry if Q:

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2..._ga_after.html

Quote:

Competitive fire or short temper?

You make the call.

Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel threw three interceptions during a scrimmage on Saturday at Kyle Field.

According to Brent Zwerneman, who covers the Aggies for The Houston Chronicle and the San Antonio Express-News, the Heisman Trophy winner didn't appreciate the celebration that took place after his last pick.

Per the report: "Following his last of three interceptions, on a short pass into the end zone as he ran into the right sidelines, an exuberant graduate assistant jumped up and down within what appeared to be inches of an irate Manziel. So Manziel shoved him. Players and coaches, who were all gathered along the sidelines, quickly separated the Giddy GA and Manziel before anything escalated."

The scrimmage, according to the report, took place in front of 2,000 fans.

Coaches and players weren't available for post-scrimmage interviews Saturday.

Zwerneman, who tweeted the incident was nothing more than a heat-of-the-moment thing, did report that Mike Evans had more than 200 receiving yards and two touchdowns in the scrimmage.

suds79 03-25-2013 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9418609)
hes also a fishman.

give him a few more years and see

Is he going to go through a growth spurt in that time?

loochy 03-25-2013 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 9528088)
Is he going to go through a growth spurt in that time?

ncaa sponsored chemically induced growth? :hmmm:

Predarat 03-25-2013 10:25 AM

Football, baseball, basketball games
Drinkin' bear, kickin' ass and takin' down names
(Well-a) top down, get-a-round, shootin' the line
Summer is here and Johnny's feelin' fine

But Johnny can't read
Summer is over and he's gone to seed
Johnny can't read
He never learned nothin' that he'll ever need

Pasta Little Brioni 03-25-2013 10:53 AM

In other news, he has taken hundreds of live Sex Ed courses.

Discuss Thrower 03-25-2013 10:57 AM

Online classes sucked ass. They're tedious and I imagine they'd be graded just the same as seated ones.

And on that note, seated classes are the reason why you shell out for attending a non-degree mill.

Garcia Bronco 03-25-2013 11:00 AM

LOL...online classes does not a degree make.

loochy 03-25-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 9528318)
Online classes sucked ass. They're tedious and I imagine they'd be graded just the same as seated ones.

And on that note, seated classes are the reason why you shell out for attending a non-degree mill.

I took 2 or 3 online classes for my MBA. I did NOT like them. It was hard to buckle down on the material and I didn't feel like I learned what I should have. I'd opt for the in-person class every time if given a choice.

NewChief 03-25-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9528329)
I took 2 or 3 online classes for my MBA. I did NOT like them. It was hard to buckle down on the material and I didn't feel like I learned what I should have. I'd opt for the in-person class every time if given a choice.

It's such a racket. Our high school is looking at making it a requirement for a student to take at least one online course for graduation. Wonder who gains by such a policy?

Students? No.
Teachers? No.
Local Economy? No.
School Administrators? Yes.
Online Course Companies? Yes.

Ace Gunner 03-25-2013 11:03 AM

coping skills are a thing of the past

mr. tegu 03-25-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 9528318)

As far as I have ever seen degree mills and online exclusive schools are FAR more expensive than any public or legitamite institution.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-25-2013 11:07 AM

Online classes are a bane upon education.

There are nice things about an online interface that can be used in a traditional class--dropboxes, repositories for readings, syllabi, and other handouts--but an online-only format tries to replace the irreplaceable.