ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Cure for the common hangover? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=142158)

StcChief 06-12-2006 10:58 AM

Time.

luv 06-12-2006 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbything
One of the new bowls from KFC.

Hangover. Cured.

Food does not sound good to me. My stomach's not queasy, but I'm afraid food will make it that way.

RedNFeisty 06-12-2006 11:13 AM

Hair of the dog, honey!

Serious, advil before bed after drinking is the best to prevent a hangover for me. Since you did not do that, you need to eat some food and drink plenty of water, a hangover is just being dehydrated like others have said and the food will help absorb the liquor that is left in your stomach.

Predarat 06-12-2006 11:42 AM

If your a lush Id say drink a bloody mary, but then again if your a lush you would already know that. I guess that means you not a lush.

yet :p

HC_Chief 06-12-2006 11:52 AM

Chips & salsa.... preferably salsa with lots of cillantro.

Best way to <i>avoid</i> hangovers (besides the obvious "don't drink"): have one glass of water to every two beers. If you're dinking hard alcohol, make it a one to one: one glass of water for every one drink (drink, not "sip".... have to add these disclaimers or some dumbass will post a wsie-crack) ;)

Predarat 06-12-2006 11:56 AM

When I have a sick stomache/headache hangover I found a six piece chicken McNugget value meal with orange drink seems to cure it. Now that crap makes me sick to my stomache when i'm not hung over though.

luv 06-12-2006 12:25 PM

Well, the headache is gone. Just have to deal with the groggy feeling.

greg63 06-12-2006 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv
No coffee. A couple of ibuprofen and a multi-vitamin? No puking involved, just a headache.

No binge drinking. :D

j/k

noa 06-12-2006 12:35 PM

I'll second the bloody mary option. The tomato juice oxidizes your blood and the vodka provides the hair of the dog...If you're not down to drink alcohol, try the tomato juice plain.

luv 06-12-2006 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noa949
I'll second the bloody mary option. The tomato juice oxidizes your blood and the vodka provides the hair of the dog...If you're not down to drink alcohol, try the tomato juice plain.

You're the second person to mention the hair of the dog. What is that?

J Diddy 06-12-2006 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv

try a little hair of the dog that bit you

(a little bit of alcohol, to offset the pains from the whole lot of alcohol you had previously)

Dartgod 06-12-2006 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv

The hair of the dog that bit you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hair_of_the_dog

Moooo 06-12-2006 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy
try a little hair of the dog that bit you

(a little bit of alcohol, to offset the pains from the whole lot of alcohol you had previously)

Hey J Diddy. If you ever watch the Family Guy where Peter plays the piano drunk, if you notice one morning when he's hung over Brian hands him a Bloody Mary, but right before he does he plucks out one of his hairs and puts it in the drink. Classic hair of the dog... lol.

With your avatar, and then you saying that, it seemed highly appropriate.

As for luv... I tooolllld you you should have gotten some Gatorade last night...

Moooo

luv 06-12-2006 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod
The hair of the dog that bit you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hair_of_the_dog

Biological effects
A hangover is due partly to poisoning by alcohol (production of toxins) and other components of the drink, and partly to the body's reaction to withdrawal from alcohol. Medically, consuming alcohol may help with mitigating the headache of a hangover by depressing the central nervous system, and may ameliorate some of the symptoms of alcohol withdrawal, for example, delirium tremens[1]; but it is not medically recommended for hangovers, nor for the long term treatment of problems related to alcohol consumption. Some researchers have suggested that ethanol may help dilute other alcohols that cause many of the hangover symptoms, but no controlled studies were carried out.

Generally speaking, physicians do not recommend 'hair of the dog' treatments for hangovers. [2] Drinking more alcohol can make the symptoms seem to lessen at first, but will only aggravate the symptoms once the liver breaks the alcohol down, because the body will have additional toxins to deal with.

keg in kc 06-12-2006 12:43 PM

If I ever drank, which I don't, I would down a big glass of water right before I pass ou-err, lay down and go to sleep.