ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft John Elway is turning out to be a pretty darn good GM (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266694)

cdcox 11-16-2012 04:42 PM

If we want to copy the Broncos, we would have to make Warpaint the GM.

Frazod 11-16-2012 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9123877)
Man, if there had only been instant replay in '97...

But we all know that the NFL wanted Elway to win that one.

I'm beginning to truly believe this shit is 80% rigged...

I'd say it's 100% rigged at this point - at least when you're talking about close games. A few overlooked holds here, one or two phantom holds there, a play that should have resulted in a TD turns into a field goal or a punt, three points shaved here, four points shaved there - and the correct team almost always wins. It happens all the time.

Dayze 11-16-2012 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 9123885)

LMAO

suds79 11-16-2012 04:44 PM

Yep. Just when you think John would stop :hump: us when he's done playing, he goes and does this.

All about management. They want to win, we're not sure what Clark wants.

We'll know for sure come season's end.

bevischief 11-16-2012 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 9123885)

LMAO

rabblerouser 11-16-2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9123888)
I'd say it's 100% rigged at this point - at least when you're talking about close games. A few overlooked holds here, one or two phantom holds there, a play that should have resulted in a TD turns into a field goal or a punt, three points shaved here, four points shaved there - and the correct team almost always wins. It happens all the time.

yeah...you're absolutely right.

I guess I wanted to believe it was still 20% work and skill, but...rigged.

****!!

rabblerouser 11-16-2012 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by durtyrute (Post 9123879)
That is 100% true.

As much as I hate the Faid, that "Tuck rule" bullshit was just that. Kraft probably bought that win.

weird thing is...I saw the play the same way the refs called it, before they called it 'incomplete.'

Everyone said 'you're crazy.' I said 'His arm was moving forward, just a little bit. **** the Raiders, give the ball to NE. They're the Patriots...'

And it happened.

However, NE still had to tie the game to send it to OT, then a miracle Vinatieri kick to win...

The football Gods aligned, with some help from the NFL itself.

****ed through the drive-thru.

RealSNR 11-16-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9123797)
4 starters (5 if Carter wasn't on IR) and 3 regular contributors in 2 drafts seems pretty good to me.

2010-2011 Pioli drafted 5 starters (6 if Hudson wasn't on IR) and 4 regular contributors, but he's still a shitty GM. If Manning had chosen the Chiefs instead of the Broncos, we'd likely be talking about how Elway is struggling and Pioli is the brains.

I prefer to remove Manning from the picture when judging how Elway will do in a few years.

okoye35chiefs 11-16-2012 05:44 PM

http://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/20...8717530958.jpg

Dartgod 11-16-2012 06:04 PM

**** John Elway.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-16-2012 06:10 PM

**** all donkey sympathizers.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-16-2012 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9123958)
2010-2011 Pioli drafted 5 starters (6 if Hudson wasn't on IR) and 4 regular contributors, but he's still a shitty GM. If Manning had chosen the Chiefs instead of the Broncos, we'd likely be talking about how Elway is struggling and Pioli is the brains.

I prefer to remove Manning from the picture when judging how Elway will do in a few years.

That team is donkey shit without Jughead

listopencil 11-16-2012 06:28 PM

Hah. The fact is that Elway has done a great job running the Broncos. At first we had the Elway-Fox-Xanders Front Office. VP/GM/HC. Elway called Xanders out a bit for not having the personality necessary for the GM spot, but it looked like it was going to be those three guys running things. Then Elway gets comfortable, Xanders is gone. It's Elway running the show. It goes Bowlen (owner) Joe Ellis (Pres) Elway (VP) Fox (HC).

Say what you will about signing Manning. It was Ellis' idea and Elway made it happen. It's not like the idea itself was so brilliant, many teams wanted Manning. The part that pisses off some of you KC fans is that Elway did it. That's not the only off season personnel move that the Broncos pulled off. They've had a couple of good drafts and made solid FA signings.

So...yes. Elway is running a team better than your GM. Bitch and moan all you want. There are a lot of you that look like fools for how much you ragged on him when he took the job. Cry into a tall glass of bitter grape juice. It doesn't matter. He's getting the job done.

BlackHelicopters 11-16-2012 06:29 PM

I still want Elway dead.

listopencil 11-16-2012 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9123958)

Starters on a 1-7 team. Awesome.

Quote:

Of course you would. Then you can pretend that Elway sucks and no one can argue because you are talking about a hypothetical fantasy.