ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft John Elway is turning out to be a pretty darn good GM (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266694)

listopencil 11-16-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Driving Wheel (Post 9124120)
Suck or not, I will "dog on" Elway for the rest of my life.

**** that horse-faced donkey puncher.

Fair enough.

Easy 6 11-16-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9124052)
Elway offered Manning a suitcase full of under the table cash, Clark offered to share a 2 for 20 from Appelbees.

LMAO

Whole truth, but i bet Clarks offer wasnt quite as bad as may have been expected.

He just had no intention of being piolis pet dog, on currently, a team with no direction or vision, the word is surely long out on pioli... like any real competitor, he would take the same or even less money to win again.

Pioli and his gestapo are killing it all.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-16-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9124141)
LMAO

Whole truth, but i bet Clarks offer wasnt quite as bad as may have been expected.

He just had no intention of being piolis pet dog, on currently, a team with no direction or vision, the word is surely long out on pioli... like any real competitor, he would take the same or even less money to win again.

Pioli and his gestapo are killing it all.

The really sad part is they probably told him he'd be competing with Cassel ROFL

ThaVirus 11-16-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9124105)
Nah, I'm not saying he's a FO genius either. Just saying that he's done a good job so far. There's more to this team than Peyton Manning and Von Miller though, they've made solid additions that don't get much press. And you have to lay the responsibility at Pioli's feet for how the Chiefs are performing. He got his Head Coach (twice) and he got his Quarterback. I would argue that Pioli is at least partially responsible for that toxic work environment himself.

Partially?

listopencil 11-16-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9124147)
Partially?

It's kind of a chicken-or-the-egg thing. One one hand he's responsible for everything because he seems to be completely in charge of the whole organization. On the other hand you can lay blame on the Head Coaches, the coaching staff, Mark Asshole and his traveling dingleberries at the QB position, and other players who don't seem to be playing hard/well. But that still goes back to Pioli who, it seems, hand picked much of that. So I went with "at least partially."

Mr. Laz 11-16-2012 08:03 PM

so now stupid ****s are going to go around sucking off other teams because they are pouting about ours.

smh

tecumseh 11-16-2012 08:13 PM

Are you kidding? That jizz lipped donkeyface foreskin chomping dishrag handjobs Manning into the team and you think he's golden? Piss all over this.

RunKC 11-16-2012 08:24 PM

It's pretty ****ing embarrassing when our franchise drafts 3 slapdick DL in the top of the first round and Denver trades into the 2nd round and gets a good one.

gcbroncos 11-16-2012 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9124095)
Easy, champ. Calm down there.

I'm not saying the Elway sucks. I'm just not going to slobber over him for fielding a good team led by, oh, I don't know... PEYTON MANNING.

He gets credit as a front office personnel manager for his playing career and business acumen. The guy clearly said the right words to Manning to get him to sign there, likely referencing his own brilliant playing career to foster that relationship.

We'll see how well his drafts ACTUALLY translate after some more time. Those Chiefs starters we drafted long ago are 1-8 now, but in 2010 they looked just as impressive as Elway's guys do (excluding Von Miller, who is a significant grade above anybody Pioli has drafted). A toxic work environment, shitty coaching staff, and a few slapdicks at QB later, you get the 1-8 product you see before you.

John Fox is no Romeo Crennel, so I'm not saying your team would go 1-8 even if Manning got injured or retired. But you'll excuse me if I don't call Elway a ****ing football personnel genius just yet.

you don't get to discount his two best acquistions when evaqluating him as a GM... you're basically saying he is the same as Pioili if you remove Miller and Manning from the equation, who happen to be arguably offenive and defensive mvps of the league...thats ridiculous...

and just to clarify, its not impressive that elway decided to go after manning, many teams did... the part he gets credit for is convincing him to come to denver over all the other choices, where many thought wasnt a good fit for him...

and a crappy coaching staff and toxic work environment are part of the responsibilities of the GM/VP of Op as well, pioli owns that...i could name other players and coaches elway has brought in but i imagine you are aware of them for the most part...

whether you want to admit it or not, since elway has arrived as the guy in charge things have turned for Denver...

Cephalic Trauma 11-16-2012 10:04 PM

I called the thread dumb and this "bump" guy has neg-repped me 4 times. What a dbag

ThaVirus 11-16-2012 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9124333)
I called the thread dumb and this "bump" guy has neg-repped me 4 times. What a dbag

Well stop crying about it, ya ****ing panzy.

Cephalic Trauma 11-16-2012 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9124337)
Well stop crying about it, ya ****ing panzy.

It's more of a "who is this douche" post. The "rep" thing isn't a huge deal

Rain Man 11-16-2012 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tecumseh (Post 9124197)
Are you kidding? That jizz lipped donkeyface foreskin chomping dishrag handjobs Manning into the team and you think he's golden? Piss all over this.

It's nice to see a voice of reason in this thread.

Anyone can get big-name free agents if they pay money under the table. Elway received money that way and now he pays money that way.

listopencil 11-16-2012 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9124356)
It's nice to see a voice of reason in this thread.

Anyone can get big-name free agents if they pay money under the table. Elway received money that way and now he pays money that way.

http://media.comicbookmovie.com/imag...5000244666.jpg

listopencil 11-16-2012 10:16 PM

Rain Man in an Elway thread:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8...lf0zo1_400.gif