ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Chip Kelly is the Eagles new HC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268965)

Frosty 01-16-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9324055)

PBJPBJPBJ

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9324094)
Gotta laugh at Oregon fans though.

They'll just jump on the next bandwagon that rolls by.

Chest Rockwell 01-16-2013 11:25 AM

Meanwhile, at Oregon...

http://i.imgur.com/mfi31.gif

Stay, classy Chip.

The Bad Guy 01-16-2013 11:26 AM

I don't think there's a prayer Reid wants Foles.

I'm happy for my Eagles friends. Gus Bradley or Whiz would have been a whole hell of a lot of 'meh'.

My big concern with Kelly is how will he adapt to smaller rosters? He rotates players in and out like he's a hockey coach and I don't think that will translate.

Canofbier 01-16-2013 11:26 AM

Wow, not a ****ing soul saw this coming. Egg on the face of all those idiot sportscasters.

IAmABabySeal 01-16-2013 11:27 AM

Word is the NCAA dropped sanctions on the Duckies

Robert D. Ephius 01-16-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58 (Post 9324068)
l. And the Eagles were like WTF did we do firing Reid?!

Dude, trust me!! After a few years of "Times yours" and "I have to do a better job there" and losing big games.....You all are going to want AR gone.

NightHawk 01-16-2013 11:33 AM

Did the Eagles get held for ransom on this deal? I wonder how much power the guy is going to have.

saphojunkie 01-16-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert D. Ephius (Post 9324173)
Dude, trust me!! After a few years of "Times yours" and "I have to do a better job there" and losing big games.....You all are going to want AR gone.

****ing Eagles fans crack me up. Four straight NFC title games, a super bowl appearance, and your big complaint is that he says the same thing in press conferences and doesn't call time outs when you want.

Just accept that his time in Philly had run its course and it was time for a break. It doesn't make him a bad coach or Philly a bad franchise.

This was just like all the people who clamored that Marty couldn't win the big one, because it was somehow his fault The Kicker who Shall Not Be Named missed gimmes or Joe Montana got his brain scrambled.

ModSocks 01-16-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NightHawk (Post 9324198)
Did the Eagles get held for ransom on this deal? I wonder how much power the guy is going to have.

If the Reports are true about Chip calling them after the sanctions were handed down, imma guess not too much.

okoye35chiefs 01-16-2013 11:35 AM

I find it interesting that one poster said :

(Speaking of Chip) so because he hasn't won a national championship in the 4 seasons he has been a head coach he is a choker? I mean winning the division, and conference numerous times, finishing as the runner up to the unstoppable Cam Newton led Auburn Tigers on a fluke play, and winning back-to-back BCS bowls... you know nevermind, youre right, that is the resume of a loser if I have ever seen one.

But they are the same folks booting Reid out of town after getting to the SB and winning countless Divsion titles and Conf championships?

HolyHat 01-16-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

We get it, you're scared.

saphojunkie 01-16-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okoye35chiefs (Post 9324205)
I find it interesting that one poster said :

(Speaking of Chip) so because he hasn't won a national championship in the 4 seasons he has been a head coach he is a choker? I mean winning the division, and conference numerous times, finishing as the runner up to the unstoppable Cam Newton led Auburn Tigers on a fluke play, and winning back-to-back BCS bowls... you know nevermind, youre right, that is the resume of a loser if I have ever seen one.

But they are the same folks booting Reid out of town after getting to the SB and winning countless Divsion titles and Conf championships?

ROFL

ChiefRocka 01-16-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

oh go eat a bag of dicks.

NightHawk 01-16-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9324200)
If the Reports are true about Chip calling them after the sanctions were handed down, imma guess not too much.

That more than likely true, but still it going to be interesting to see what happens in Phil and see how Chip puts his staff together.

Robert D. Ephius 01-16-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9324199)
****ing Eagles fans crack me up. Four straight NFC title games, a super bowl appearance, and your big complaint is that he says the same thing in press conferences and doesn't call time outs when you want.

Just accept that his time in Philly had run its course and it was time for a break. It doesn't make him a bad coach or Philly a bad franchise.

This was just like all the people who clamored that Marty couldn't win the big one, because it was somehow his fault The Kicker who Shall Not Be Named missed gimmes or Joe Montana got his brain scrambled.

I loved AR, still do. He is a great coach and I agree that time had run its course. Actually, his best years in Philly were 2000-2004 seasons. After that, he was mediocre at best. But trust me, you will grow tired of the same old responses game after game, loss after loss, year after year. Just b/c he is your coach now, don't act like you know him as a fan better then we do.

Personally, I wish for his sake that he took a year off to refocus for his own sake. I think that he just ruined his career by taking the Chiefs job. But I hope that I am wrong.