ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Science Hypothetical: You get to take a trip. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=209419)

Rain Man 06-22-2009 06:40 PM

Hypothetical: You get to take a trip.

Hypothetical situation. Maybe I've asked this in the past, but I'm bored and under stress.

You've just finished a wonderful, flavorful dinner at the Panda Express at the mall. Man, you can't beat that orange chicken, and it's fun to people-watch from the tables with the built-in plastic swiveling stools.

You lick the orange sauce from the bottom of the container, slurp the last little Aral Sea droplets of Mr. Pibb in the cup, and throw it all away. As you walk out, you savor the flavor of chicken and rice and that mysterious sauce of the east, but at the same time you'd like...you know...a fresher feeling in your mouth.

There's a gumball machine nearby, so you fish out a quarter, put it in, and hear the satisfying thunk of a big ball of apple gum hitting the metallic yet plastic thingie at the bottom of the machine. You pop the gumball in your mouth and chaw on it to get it softened up, perusing the other gumball machines as you masticate.

Hmm.

How intriguing.

One gumball machine has those little plastic ball holders in it, but they're all black so you can't see inside. The sign on the front says, "Great Prizes!" Nothing else. Just "Great Prizes!"

Well, you can't bypass this. Hoping against hope for an Olsen Twins temporary tattoo, you put your quarter in and twist. Again, that satisfying thunk, and you soon hold in your hand a very light-feeling black plastic bubble.

Inside is a sheet of paper. "Congratulations!" it says. "You have just won a trip to Europe!" It provides an 800 number to call for reservations.

You quickly read through the fine print, and discover that it's a 17-day trip, all expenses paid, but that it can only be used to visit one country. You cannot go to any other country while you're there.

What country do you visit?

Poll coming as soon as I can find a quarter.

Rausch 06-22-2009 06:42 PM

Deutschland!

Ultra Peanut 06-22-2009 06:46 PM

Holland. Or Belgium. Or Sweden.

I would say France or Italy, but then I'd have to spend 17 days around the French or Italians.

luv 06-22-2009 06:46 PM

Italy.

Just Passin' By 06-22-2009 06:48 PM

This has to be a trick question. There's no such thing as a wonderful, flavorful dinner at the Panda Express.

big nasty kcnut 06-22-2009 06:50 PM

Norway
Posted via Mobile Device

stevieray 06-22-2009 06:51 PM

Michelangelo FTW!

edit: Ireland is tempting...

ChiefJustice 06-22-2009 06:51 PM

Russia

That way i won't have to pay postage on my mail-order bride!

Kyle DeLexus 06-22-2009 06:53 PM

Ireland or Italy

luv 06-22-2009 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle DeLexus (Post 5856477)
Ireland or Italy

Since when is Ireland in Europe? I'd go to Ireland in a heartbeat.

The Franchise 06-22-2009 07:01 PM

Ireland in a heartbeat. I've always wanted to go and this would allow me to.

Kyle DeLexus 06-22-2009 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 5856489)
Since when is Ireland in Europe? I'd go to Ireland in a heartbeat.

:shrug: how isn't it?

kc rush 06-22-2009 07:06 PM

It was between Great Britain and Germany, mostly to see family history. Ultimately I decided on Germany. Castles, the Black Forrest, Mountains, beer and beermaids were too much to pass up.

bevischief 06-22-2009 07:09 PM

GB or Ireland or both. My liver may not making back. Back to the roots.

MIAdragon 06-22-2009 07:17 PM

Maldives/