ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Pick a new team (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264631)

lcarus 10-03-2012 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 8974739)
Pitt. I hate every NFC team . Though I grew up liking the Browns as my second team. ...but **** that now.

Tout I wouldnt be as passionate. Probably spend my football time with the NCAA

Remember - you're brainwashed to be a mega fan of whatever team you choose if you are unable to muster up that kind of fanhood on your own.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-03-2012 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoneKrusher (Post 8974741)
i'd go with the New York Giants.
Bradshaw grew up down the street plus they have a Clutch QB.

What is your av from LMAO

lcarus 10-03-2012 06:56 PM

By the way...off-topic completely...but what happened to DarthCarlSatan? He get banned for somethin again? Is that like the 27th time that dude has been banned?

DJ's left nut 10-03-2012 06:57 PM

Easy call - Rams.

saphojunkie 10-03-2012 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 8974726)
Apparently i'm a masochist, i'd take St. Louis... proximity, down there quite a bit, still think Bradford has a chance to be great & of course they could always use more hardcore fans.

St. Louis is about to be really good. Give it a year or two. They have to make up for Jason Smith sucking, and they need to get a legit wide receiver, but both of those things can happen in the draft this year, where they should have TWO top ten picks.

Legit coach - check.
Capable QB with talent - check.
young defensive talent - check.
Draft picks out the asshole? - checkity check checkers.

Rausch 10-03-2012 06:59 PM

Steelers.

Blue collar attitude, strong defenses, fun to watch...

CoMoChief 10-03-2012 06:59 PM

Bears are my current 2nd team.

R8RFAN 10-03-2012 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 8974686)
Niners.

I can see that

Chiefspants 10-03-2012 07:00 PM

The Arizona Cardinals. My dad picked them (he never liked football) because he wanted a team that would lose reliably and that he never had to stress out about. (He hated how angry my mother and I become over the Skins and Chiefs.) And of course, two years later, they were in the super bowl. (Which was an absolutely incredible run, by the way.)

It doesn't hurt that Larry Fitzgerald is my favorite NFL player, he is the definition of class.

MahiMike 10-03-2012 07:00 PM

Wow, I had seriously also thought about posting this one.

As a guy who has TWO bottom feeder teams already, I need to go with a winner. But I refuse to go with a seasoned winner because I hate all those teams and their fans for taking the easy way out. Therefore I choose to go with an up and comer - the Baltimore Ravens. They also happened to be my super bowl pick too...

New World Order 10-03-2012 07:01 PM

I grew up in Houston so I could root for them I suppose, even if the Texans were not there at that time.

Texans or Seattle.

SnakeXJones 10-03-2012 07:01 PM

I would say none **** it and watch Sporting KC

Lonewolf Ed 10-03-2012 07:02 PM

I am half Danish, so I suppose the Vikings. Valhalllllllaaaaa!!

lcarus 10-03-2012 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 8974760)
St. Louis is about to be really good. Give it a year or two. They have to make up for Jason Smith sucking, and they need to get a legit wide receiver, but both of those things can happen in the draft this year, where they should have TWO top ten picks.

Legit coach - check.
Capable QB with talent - check.
young defensive talent - check.
Draft picks out the asshole? - checkity check checkers.

I like Amendola a lot. I'm not a Sam Bradford fan though. I hate OU. My dad loves em and thinks Bradford is the next Joe frickin Montana. He thinks every player from OU is the next Joe Montana or Jerry Rice or whatever position.

Don't get me wrong, I think Bradford will get better and be a pretty good QB at some point. I just don't like him.

Pablo 10-03-2012 07:03 PM

Chicago is close enough that I could drive to a game a year; and I'd at least know a couple of guys I could talk Bears football with.

And of course they're a franchise that at least tries to be competitive.