ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Bruce Allen/Jon Gruden = most incompetent GM/Head coach in league. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=181114)

Al Bundy 03-03-2008 10:45 PM

Bruce Allen/Jon Gruden = most incompetent GM/Head coach in league.

http://blogs.tampabay.com/bucs/
Griese traded to Bucs

Chicago Bears quarterback Brian Griese has been traded to the Bucs.

Terms of the deal were undisclosed, but it is believed to be for a second-day draft pick in 2009. Griese was owed a $300,000 roster bonus Tuesday, prompting the Bears to part ways with their veteran backup. Rather than risk bidding for him in free agency, the Bucs completed a trade.

It's Griese's second stint with Tampa Bay. He quarterbacked the Bucs to a 5-1 start in 2005 before suffering a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his knee. Chris Simms went 6-5 down the stretch, leading the Bucs to the playoffs before a loss to Washington in the NFC wildcard game. In two seasons, Griese completed 345-of-510 (67.6 percent) of his passes for 3,768 yards with 27 touchdowns and 19 interceptions.

Following the '05 season, the Bucs were unable to renegoiate Griese's contract and he became a salary cap casualty, signing with the Bears.

Ironically, the trade for Griese leaves Simms' future with the Bucs in doubt. He has not played a meaningful snap in about 16 months since undergoing a splenectomy and could be traded or released. The Bucs also have Jeff Garcia, Luke McCown. Bruce Gradkowski and Jake Plummer under contract.

The Bucs and Broncos have filed a grievance against Plummer, hoping to recoup more than $7-million in signing bonus.

Simms would appear to be the odd man out. Griese and McCown will battle it out for the No. 2 spot and Gradkowski will have to improve his play to return for a third season.

Griese, who turns 33 this month, started six games last year for the Bears and finished with a 3-3 record. His season ended after he suffered a minor shoulder injury Nov. 11 at Oakland and did not play again.

""He likes (Jon) Gruden and he was obviously very successful there,'' agent Ralph Cindrich said. ""During the course of this deal, they let it be known they had tried to trade for him a couple times over the last few years.''

Griese has three years remaining on his contract and will receive a base salary of $1.4-million in 2008, $1.8-million in 2009 and $2.2-million in 2010. Cindrich said Griese could earn an additional $1.5-million next season if he becomes the starter. The Bucs are on the hook to pay Griese's $300,000 roster bonus Tuesday.

pr_capone 03-03-2008 10:48 PM

Ya know.... burst spleen aside. If Simms gets cut, I would not mind seeing him show up at 1 Arrowhead Drive to compete for the #2 spot. Perhaps even give Croyle a bit of a push.

Al Bundy 03-03-2008 10:52 PM

pr, Chris Simms should be out of Tampa, he is the number 1 target of the Grudenista's. It used to be Mike Alstott, but now it is Simms. I hope he gets another chance somewhere with a real offense and a real offensive coordinator.

raybec 4 03-03-2008 10:53 PM

5 fekkin QBs and none of them are any good, I would think given our situation and the one in Detroit that it's a stretch to call them the MOST incompetent. That is a tight race.

The Franchise 03-03-2008 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 4613999)
Ya know.... burst spleen aside. If Simms gets cut, I would not mind seeing him show up at 1 Arrowhead Drive to compete for the #2 spot. Perhaps even give Croyle a bit of a push.

I'm with you on that one. I wouldn't mind seeing Simms in a Chiefs jersey.

kcchiefsus 03-03-2008 11:23 PM

I believe the title of "Worst GM/Head coach" in the league belongs to Carl Peterson/Herm Edwards.

Al Bundy 03-03-2008 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcchiefsus (Post 4614039)
I believe the title of "Worst GM/Head coach" in the league belongs to Carl Peterson/Herm Edwards.

Sorry, but Jon Gruden took a Superbowl team and destroyed it. What he lacks in actual ability he makes up for in ego. He is Carl Peterson with a superbowl ring. He has a hatred that he doesn't hide for the fanbase and for the community.

raybec 4 03-03-2008 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UCFGoldenKnight (Post 4614044)
Sorry, but Jon Gruden took a Superbowl team and destroyed it. What he lacks in actual ability he makes up for in ego. He is Carl Peterson with a superbowl ring. He has a hatred that he doesn't hide for the fanbase and for the community.

He has a ring, and the hatred for the fan base at 1 Arrowhead Drive is thinly veiled at best because if you recall most of us are not " True Fans " and we should all just " Get Over It".

Rausch 03-03-2008 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 4614061)
He has a ring, and the hatred for the fan base at 1 Arrowhead Drive is thinly veiled at best because if you recall most of us are not " True Fans " and we should all just " Get Over It".

Bucs fans can suck it up because they've had a ring.

So can Donks fans.

So can the Pats fans.

In the end they have the memories most Chiefs fans don't. Cheating, stealing, breaking the rules, it doesn't matter. After the fact is irrelevant: you were there that super bowl sunday when you saw your team win.

After that it's all icing on the cake...

CoMoChief 03-04-2008 12:01 AM

Quote:

He didn't destroy anything, that Buccs team was getting old, much like the Chiefs did except the Chiefs couldn't stop anyone on defense which eventually led to where we are now.

Chiefs_5627 03-04-2008 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 4614077)
He didn't destroy anything, that Buccs team was getting old, much like the Chiefs did except the Chiefs couldn't stop anyone on defense which eventually led to where we are now.

Bingo.

Rain Man 03-04-2008 12:33 AM

Quote:

You lost me at "with a Super Bowl ring".

Al Bundy 03-04-2008 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 4614077)

Except for the fact that Gruden cannot draft offense, he brought in over the hill Deese,Garner,Steussie and Garcia. I would trade Gruden, Garcia and Griese for Edwards and Croyle any day of the week. Trading what is now reparted a 6th round pick for a guy whou couldn't beat Grossman is just trying to sabotage a franchise. The Bucs should have fired Gruden after 06.

NaptownChief 03-04-2008 08:44 AM

Quote:

He built a Super Bowl team in Oakland(which is one of the greatest accomplishments all time considering that mess of a franchise) and then won a ring with a team that Dungy couldn't come close to doing.

To think that even comes close to the incompentency that goes on in KC is silly.

pikesome 03-04-2008 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 4613999)

Jawohl!