ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Other Games Magic: The Gathering (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261762)

Buck 07-25-2012 11:29 PM

Magic: The Gathering

So I've been getting back into this. I know we have some current and former players here so use this thread to discuss or Buy/Sell/Trade cards.

Frazod 07-25-2012 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8768297)
So I've been getting back into this. I know we have some current and former players here so use this thread to discuss or Buy/Sell/Trade cards.

I'd love to, but some prick broke into my storage locker when I still lived in Chicago and stole all my cards. I had a shoe box full of them. :#

I sure enjoyed playing. Of course, my cards were stolen about 11 years ago, and I have no idea how the game has changed since then.

Buck 07-25-2012 11:33 PM

Right now I'm playing with GW Humans with Flicker and Exalted. Its really fun to play and it's frustrating as hell for my opponents. I still need to tweak it a little bit.

Buck 07-25-2012 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8768302)
I'd love to, but some prick broke into my storage locker when I still lived in Chicago and stole all my cards. I had a shoe box full of them. :#

I sure enjoyed playing. Of course, my cards were stolen about 11 years ago, and I have no idea how the game has changed since then.

Same basic mechanics with a lot of new abilities. I stopped playing around the same time your cards were stolen. Not too hard to get back in to, but its not easy (or cheap) to master.

Frazod 07-25-2012 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8768309)
Same basic mechanics with a lot of new abilities. I stopped playing around the same time your cards were stolen. Not too hard to get back in to, but its not easy (or cheap) to master.

I had some pretty good cards, but it was so long ago I don't even remember what they were.

Hopefully the ****er that stole them is getting violated in prison right now.

As I remember, I was partial to a red/black deck.

Saulbadguy 07-26-2012 06:14 AM

I started around 4th edition.

Quit after Exodus was released.

Started again for a bit around 10th edition. Quit again. Started again recently, played in a few prerelease tournaments and booster drafts. Haven't played for awhile. :(

Too difficult to keep up with all the new cards.

Reaper16 07-26-2012 09:42 AM

I haven't been playing standard for about two years now. The secondary market is just too insane nowadays; this is one expensive hobby.

I still play the game though. A lot. Casual formats like cube draft or Elder Dragon Highlander/Commander. I buy cards from time to time, mostly singles.

If I have the funds, I buy 4x of all commons and uncommons in the set. I really like making Peasant/Pauper decks (where you have no rares); it's a fun deckbuilding challenge.

I find that you can get your Magic fix on the cheap through the Duels of the Plansewalkers games, on Steam of XBox Live or Playstation Network. There are online multiplayer formats and everything. Duels 2013 is worth every penny.

Saulbadguy 07-26-2012 09:48 AM

I wish magic: online was better. It's more expensive than the real game, which doesn't make sense to me.

Reaper16 07-26-2012 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 8768791)
I wish magic: online was better. It's more expensive than the real game, which doesn't make sense to me.

There's a give and take between the markets on MTGO and the real world. Mostly because MTGO sets the secondary market for paper cards. Developments in the metagame happen about a week faster on MTGO.

Buck 07-26-2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 8768777)
I haven't been playing standard for about two years now. The secondary market is just too insane nowadays; this is one expensive hobby.

I still play the game though. A lot. Casual formats like cube draft or Elder Dragon Highlander/Commander. I buy cards from time to time, mostly singles.

If I have the funds, I buy 4x of all commons and uncommons in the set. I really like making Peasant/Pauper decks (where you have no rares); it's a fun deckbuilding challenge.

I find that you can get your Magic fix on the cheap through the Duels of the Plansewalkers games, on Steam of XBox Live or Playstation Network. There are online multiplayer formats and everything. Duels 2013 is worth every penny.

Yeah the 4x Common/Uncommon sets are like $35 after shipping on eBay. Picked one up.

Its much more efficient to buy those and singles. How are the controls on the Xbox game? I had 2012 on PC, and it was cool, but I might pick up 2013 for PSN so I can play from bed.

Reaper16 07-26-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8769029)
Yeah the 4x Common/Uncommon sets are like $35 after shipping on eBay. Picked one up.

Its much more efficient to buy those and singles. How are the controls on the Xbox game? I had 2012 on PC, and it was cool, but I might pick up 2013 for PSN so I can play from bed.

I remember the controls being alright for Xbox. I haven't played it on Xbox in two years though, as I bought 2012 and 2013 for Steam (so I can play during my office hours, on my laptop).

QuikSsurfer 07-26-2012 04:23 PM

lol

Valiant 07-26-2012 08:26 PM

It is amazing, I have this sweet 'sugar cube' card, it crits all playable cards with obesity and they are removed from the game and you get one free insult to your opponents..

kysirsoze 07-26-2012 09:36 PM

I stopped playing in junior high (not a dig, just a fact). I've looked into possibly playing recently, but it's like a completely different game. At least 3 times the rules and half of my cards are banned.

Frazod 07-26-2012 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 8770600)
I stopped playing in junior high (not a dig, just a fact). I've looked into possibly playing recently, but it's like a completely different game. At least 3 times the rules and half of my cards are banned.

How the hell can the ban a card that they made and you paid for?