ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Good for me! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=98180)

Jenny Gump 09-10-2004 07:33 PM

Good for me!

Found out today I am headed to D.C. for a meeting related to this new job. I have a sneaking suspicion that.......

I'm gonna LOVE this job!!

Any of you planeteers live in the D.C. area?

Phobia 09-10-2004 07:37 PM

My ex does. I may have a little moonlighting job down I-95 for ya.... Can you be discreet?

Skip Towne 09-10-2004 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia
My ex does. I may have a little moonlighting job down I-95 for ya.... Can you be discreet?

Don't do it Jenny. He's up to no good.

Jenny Gump 09-10-2004 07:46 PM

Quote:

I know a guy. Consider it done.

Phobia 09-10-2004 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JennyGump
I know a guy. Consider it done.

Cool. Where do I send the $10 check?

Jenny Gump 09-10-2004 07:57 PM

Quote:

Cool. Where do I send the $10 check?

There was some loser on the board earlier begging for money. Why don't you just donate it to him.

(Setting the ball up on the tee with this one) How will I know I have found the right chick?

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 09-10-2004 08:00 PM

Jenny,

I live about 20 miles from DC (about halfway between DC and Baltimore).

Skip Towne 09-10-2004 08:02 PM

Quote:

There was some loser on the board earlier begging for money. Why don't you just donate it to him.

(Setting the ball up on the tee with this one) How will I know I have found the right chick?

She looks like a water heater.

grandllama 09-10-2004 08:04 PM

Wow. Congrats. At least we know your guys can swim. Although, I would be remiss if I didn't add that I have no idea why that would be beneficial to know.

Phobia 09-10-2004 08:06 PM

Quote:

I'm not sure I know JOhn's address.

I dunno how you'll know if you found the right chick or not. If you were a dude, I'd tell you to hit on her.... If her legs immediately spread wide and wrapped around the back of her head, that's the right one.

Jenny Gump 09-10-2004 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
Jenny,

I live about 20 miles from DC (about halfway between DC and Baltimore).

Yeah...but are you cool?

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 09-10-2004 08:08 PM

Ask Rausch.

We survived a weekend at Dragon*Con and he didn't try to kill me, at least as far as I know . . .

Jenny Gump 09-10-2004 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grandllama
Wow. Congrats. At least we know your guys can swim. Although, I would be remiss if I didn't add that I have no idea why that would be beneficial to know.

:harumph:

Jenny Gump 09-10-2004 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
Ask Rausch.

We survived a weekend at Dragon*Con and he didn't try to kill me, at least as far as I know . . .

You went away for a weekend trip with Rausch? Really now?

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 09-10-2004 08:22 PM

Yeah, trying to introduce Brad to some editors/writers I know since he's thinking about trying to get into the writing business. Dragon*Con being the third largest con in America (about 30K+ people attend).

You have to go out and market yourself to get into writing. Simply sending stuff off blindly is really a waste of time. It's easier if someone already knows you. Since I was a guest there, I was able to get Brad into the Con for free and get him access to the Green Room where the other guests go to get away from the "fanboys".

Sold a bunch of copies of my book there as well as getting people to go out and buy copies after I sold out. Doing the ol' meet and greet is a great way to get fans.