ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Q&A with S BERNARD POLLARD (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=139928)

DaKCMan AP 04-29-2006 06:18 PM

Q&A with S BERNARD POLLARD

Q: How did the visit go in Kansas City?
BERNARD POLLARD: “It was great. I had a great time with all the guys and the coaches.“

Q: Did you feel this was going to happen?
POLLARD: “No, I didn’t know.“

Q: What happened with you and the coach that led to the suspension?
POLLARD: “It was a misunderstanding. Everybody was caught in the heat of the moment. I take full responsibility. I should have kept my mouth shut. It might have gone too far. I take full responsibility. I thank coach (Joe) Tiller for giving me the opportunity to play there. If I wasn’t there, I would not be here now. I am having a great time. I had a great time there and I thank them for that.“

Q: Why did you come out early?
POLLARD: “I just thought it was my time to go.“

Q: What do you bring to the Chiefs?
POLLARD: “I want to be a great teammate. I bring great character to the defense. I want to be a guy who wants to have fun. A guy who goes out there and play. To the veterans I am going to be a sponge. I am going to soak everything in and have fun with everybody so we can have a great year.“

Q: What safety position do you prefer?
POLLARD: “I can play both. I played strong safety all career through Purdue. I will play whatever they want me to play. Greg Wesley is a great safety. I look forward to playing with him and a lot of other guys. Sammy Knight is there, a great safety. I look forward to listening to that man and moving on.“

Q: What NFL player do you compare yourself to?
POLLARD: “t is a tough question because you have a lot of great safeties in the NFL. I like to play like (Dallas S) Roy Williams, (Philadelphia S) Brian Dawkins and (Washington S) Sean Taylor. Those three safeties are great. I know they take pride in their job and what they do on the field. For me to compare myself is a great thing and I don’t to disrespect those guys by comparing myself to them. I would hope my career would my career would be half as good as their careers.”

Also, video of Carl, Herm, et al on the pick
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2006/04...rnard_pollard/

keg in kc 04-29-2006 06:19 PM

Who?!

Phobia 04-29-2006 06:31 PM

That last question is mine, FWIW. He didn't want to answer so I let him off the hook. He answered anyway.

dirk digler 04-29-2006 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia
That last question is mine, FWIW. He didn't want to answer so I let him off the hook. He answered anyway.

That was a good question to ask.

keg in kc 04-29-2006 06:33 PM

Was interesting watching Edwards' comments on him. I keep reading that the guy's slow, but Herm said something about 4.5 speed, and talked about how athletic he was. Sounds like it was a consensus pick, as well, with Cunningham and Gibbs both on board.

Tribal Warfare 04-29-2006 06:35 PM

Quote:

Press passes are awesome right Phil ;) :D :thumb:

Hammock Parties 04-29-2006 06:37 PM

Pollard ran a 4.57. I bet Knight isn't that fast. Bernard is growing on me.

keg in kc 04-29-2006 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs
Bernard is growing on me.

Better see a doctor about that quick. May be some cream to clear that up.

DaKCMan AP 04-29-2006 06:40 PM

When I saw the video of him that ESPN showed I immediately thought of Thomas Davis of last year. Carl and co. were asked about that and acknowledged similiarty, although Davis is heavier and thus plays more LB than safety.

Phobia 04-29-2006 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler
That was a good question to ask.

Thanks. I wanted to ask that of Carl and Herm but their segment ended too abruptly. Most of us didn't really know Pollard well. I especially didn't and I'm supposedly a fan of the Big 10. So we wanted a comparison. He sure does shoot for the stars, doesn't he?

Phobia 04-29-2006 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP
When I saw the video of him that ESPN showed I immediately thought of Thomas Davis of last year. Carl and co. were asked about that and acknowledged similiarty, although Davis is heavier and thus plays more LB than safety.

Yeah, that question was asked by Warpaint's Mike Campbell. We were trying to get a sense of what we could expect out of him.

Phobia 04-29-2006 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare
Press passes are awesome right Phil ;) :D :thumb:

I'm actually working today. I'm incredibly tired. I'll be leaving AH momentarily. I'll never make it to #85.

JBucc 04-29-2006 06:56 PM

Next time you go to one of these things wear a Dammit Carl t-shirt

Phobia 04-29-2006 07:00 PM

I just realized we're already at 81. I'll stay.

dirk digler 04-29-2006 07:03 PM

Quote:

Thanks. I wanted to ask that of Carl and Herm but their segment ended too abruptly. Most of us didn't really know Pollard well. I especially didn't and I'm supposedly a fan of the Big 10. So we wanted a comparison. He sure does shoot for the stars, doesn't he?

Yep but I think that is a great. I hope he brings some nasty to the D.