ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Phobia thinks there should be a Planet Tailgate at games (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=99269)

Mr. Kotter 09-22-2004 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob_****ing_Dole
What? No live music?

This sucks...

If you wanna provide it, I'm sure it'd be welcome. :thumb:

NewChief 09-22-2004 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SDChiefsfan
If you wanna provide it, I'm sure it'd be welcome. :thumb:

As long as it's not a DJ. DJ's are wannabe poseurs.

BTW, whatever happened to Dinny Blues?

Mr. Kotter 09-22-2004 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief
As long as it's not a DJ. DJ's are wannabe poseurs.

BTW, whatever happened to Dinny Blues?

He's still around; will be providing music at the banquet, IIRC.

NewChief 09-22-2004 07:05 AM

Quote:

He's still around; will be providing music at the banquet, IIRC.

Ooops, didn't realize he was still around. I probably shouldn't have made my little DJ joke, then.

Dartgod 09-22-2004 07:16 AM

Quote:

And I thought that's what B5 was....I'm beginnin' to think though, that maybe Dartgod is simply too gracious to tell us to get lost, or that people were becoming uncomfortable not wanting to "impose." And I think, in both instances, those are reasonable reactions.

If it is truly no imposition on Dartgod, I'd say why not stick with B5? If it is an imposition, let's designate someplace else that is centrally located.

The only time it hasd been a problem was last year at the 37 Forever tailgate. There were simply too many people for the area. But keep in mind, B5 is just a meeting place for Planeteers. There are a couple of people from here that do participate in the complete tailgate experience (food, booze, etc.) but that's because they were invited to do so by the people that provide the food for each event. My wife and I rarely do the cooking or purchase the food for our parties. Our contribution is the $22 parking pass each game. So you can understand why I can't leave an open invitation for anybody to stop by and grab some brew or some chow. Not that that's ever been a problem. Practically everyone understands this and has been very cooperative.

Nzoner 09-22-2004 07:18 AM

FWIW,Arrowhead offers a group package starting at around $110 per which includes a tent,food,ticket to the game,a visit by KC Wolf and the cheerleaders as well as an autographed football for the group coordinator.

Last time I checked it took a minimum of 20 people.I realize this doesn't help those of us who have season tickets but thought it was worth mentioning for a possible get together for one game.

ROYC75 09-22-2004 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner 338
FWIW,Arrowhead offers a group package starting at around $110 per which includes a tent,food,ticket to the game,a visit by KC Wolf and the cheerleaders as well as an autographed football for the group coordinator.

Last time I checked it took a minimum of 20 people.I realize this doesn't help those of us who have season tickets but thought it was worth mentioning for a possible get together for one game.

That option was discussed for this years 37 event...... it was part of a package deal that didn't go through.

Maybe next year.

BTW, I'm sending you a pm......

Nzoner 09-22-2004 07:40 AM

Like Dartgod we have a regular tailgate group of 20+,however,if anyone ever wants to stop by and say hey you're more than welcome.

We have a grass island we set up on on the Northwest side.

BigRedChief 09-22-2004 07:42 AM

Quote:

Like Dartgod we have a regular tailgate group of 20+,however,if anyone ever wants to stop by and say hey you're more than welcome.

Wellll thats kind of vaguish....Vlad proof I would think..:rolleyes:

Dartgod 09-22-2004 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover
Some people don't have a problem going up to other people and chating. Some do, thus the need for a nametag.

And some people will show up and not talk to anyone and later say they "didn't feel welcome".

Nzoner 09-22-2004 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief
Wellll thats kind of vaguish....Vlad proof I would think..:rolleyes:

heh,I figure if someone wants to stop by they'll send me a smoke for directions and or a cell number.

jspchief 09-22-2004 08:13 AM

Quote:

Sounds like you might be near where I tailgate..although northwest is kind of hard to determine because of the angle of the stadium. I'm usually over by the K near where the bus/RV parking is.

Here's a map showing my spot:

jspchief 09-22-2004 08:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Oops, I hit the wrong button.

Nzoner 09-22-2004 08:24 AM

We're at the furthest corner by Lot H where one of the main roads intersects with the road leading right between the stadiums.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attac...id=31840&stc=1

BigRedChief 09-22-2004 08:57 AM

You are out in the boonies dude. You need to come to the light of parking lot D